Active India Holidays
Review Highlights
Fabulous tigers, temples, and forts trip in North India.

Our guide Ajay looked after us so well. We never wanted for anything! When we were on slightly... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
tattbatt
Carlisle, United Kingdom
via mobile
Wonderful family adventure

From the moment we were met met at Delhi airport we were in safe hands. The itinerary was so well... read more

Reviewed 20 August 2022
Melthew
Northumberland, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews every step of the way fantastic trip delhi airport heena irina suggestions itinerary arrangements services india adventure tours travel culture journey
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

Priya organised a three week itinerary for our trip to Kerala. She was always available to answer questions, make suggestions and give advice. She was very mindful of our requests regarding accommodation and activities. The finalised itinerary was perfect; lovely places to stay and interesting activities. The drivers and guides were superb; always punctual, professional, helpful and knowledgeable. Active India also arranged a surprise dinner for or anniversary. We highly recommend Priya and her colleagues.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank purrfect2402
Reviewed 26 January 2020

I was nervous to travel in India without some assistance. Active India was amazing. Priya assisted with all the pre-trip planning. She made many adjustments as my plans evolved. I gave a price range for the trip and she did a great job finding safe, clean hotels that fit perfectly within that range while providing a very FULL itinerary. My daughter and I only had 4 days but we defintiely saw all the highlights of the Golden Traingle. As well as monuments and forts, we were offered uniqute experiences like a cooking class and market tour. I am in great gratitude for our driver, Puran. Puran always had our best interests in mind. He drove safely (and without honking unlike most other Indians), taught us about India, and even had snacks and fruit for us in the car. I would definitely reccommend Active India to anyone.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 1 January 2020 via mobile

I must say that I have traveled before with many travel agency in India. However Active India holiday is the best. Priya who handled my details of itinerary did an excellent job . Great hotels, great car with good drivers who spoke English as well great communication skills. Mr Tikko was very helpful. Priya was available to help even while traveling. I would give this agency 5 star. They care for there customers. I will use it again. My recommendation for active India holiday is 100% .

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 18 December 2019 via mobile

I had an amazing experience with Active India from beginning to end. They managed my hotels my tours and everything in between. They are extremely professional and very knowledgeable when building a tailored plan for your needs, they were also great at adapting to demands on the go, such as changing hotels or intinerary

So , if you are looking for a hassle free holiday then definitely book with this guys

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019

Cycling in Sikkim with Active India!
It is important to show our bad experience with TO Active India.
A week on a family bike that has not been adapted at all for people with an middle level of
sport as indicated on the site.
The gradients were far too great, impossible to cross while having fun. We were even forced
to complete all the stages by car in order to arrive at the hotel for lunch around 14H00.....
The stages were 30-40 kms over at least 1000 Meters of altitude difference. Sometimes roads
in very bad condition, and a lot of traffic.
From 6am to 10am is the time it took us to reach the different stages without counting the
visits we could not make sometimes because we were too tired or late!
The hotels selected by Active India were also not of high quality compared to the prices
charged by the agency. The meals were scheduled for lunch and dinner so that we had the
same for both meals !
In a nutshell : a stay not to be recommended !
Much too expensive compared to the services on site.
However, there is nothing to say about the very kind and attentive support team.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank La Ferme du Mar... G
ActiveIndiaHolidays, Owner at Active India Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2019

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. Here at Active India we thrive on the feedback from our customers, as we believe it is the only way we can ensure our trips continue to be the best they can be. We are very sorry to hear that your holiday experience with us did not match your expectations. As I said customers feedback is of paramount importance to us, we have therefore, thoroughly investigated every details of your tour and tried to find out where we have gone wrong.

Primarily, we thank you for appreciating our team being very attentive and always at services. As you have appreciated our professional approach and attentive support team, and every effort has been made to make the tour experience enjoyable and fulfilling for the family.

Since your cycling tour was tailor-made and I believe from the planning stage our travel expert had a wonderful interaction with you from planning to finalization of the tour itinerary. Challenges of routing had been clearly discussed during the exchange, however, I agree there is always a room for improvement. It does make us sad to read the disappointments after tour had finished, as we feel there is nothing we can do at this stage. We would have appreciated If Ms. Mary had raised any of these concerns during the tour with the guide or our operations team member, so that we could have made the corrections wherever required.

After our through investigation we have also found that your guide has faced some difficulties while managing the needs of every member of the family. Since it was a family tour of 05 members (parents and children) , therefore, the priorities are a bit different. This is so because, some wanted to maintain the easy pace and some wanted the tour at a quick pace to reach the other destination. Even though you were supported by two guides during the cycling , it was still a challenge for them to maintain the balance.

North East part of India is full of beautiful landscapes and natural beauty. However, there are still many challenges as the overall development of roads and other infrastructure is on basic level and on its way to develop as government is paying huge focus on this area. Moreover, any adventure activity comes with challenges and one has to be mentally prepared for those while signing for the tour. some of the places covered in your itinerary are remote with hardly any infrastructure available in terms of good hotels, restaurants, mid-ways to stop for meals and roads, however, the best part is these are still non touristic and best sought by serious and matured travelers.

Having said above, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your holiday with us. All selected hotels are personally inspected and does have good star rating on Google and TripAdvisor.