“Delhi Magic was wonderful.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delhi Magic

Delhi Magic
Ranked #26 of 428 Tours in New Delhi
More attraction details
Owner description: Like all popular tourist destinations Delhi has its share of cookie-cutter tours. But if you prefer something more insightful and interesting, take a look at Delhi Magic tours. These tours have been designed by people with a deep understanding of India’s history, culture, cuisine and quirks. We’ll show you the city’s grand monuments and attractions, but we’ll also show you the ‘real’ Delhi – its people, its religions, its streets and bazaars
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Delhi Magic was wonderful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time in India thanks largely to the efforts of Delhi Magic and the dedicated professionals arranged to guide us and to drive us throughout our itinerary. It is difficult to single out the most memorable experiences in a truly outstanding tour but we especially liked our time in Udaipur and Khajuraho where the guides and drivers were outstanding. The "Off Beat" tour of Delhi was the highlight of our stay in Delhi and the driver we had for our self-guided tour of Delhi was accommodating and took us to every site we wished to visit and then delivered us to the airport.

There were no missed cues. Someone was always there to greet us at the airports and train station and return us there for our on-going flights in a courteous and timely manner. The only problem was related to the fog in Delhi and Varanasi. Some flights were delayed and the train to Agra was delayed by several hours. A Delhi Magic staff member who escorted us to the train station kindly waited with us on the platform until the train left the station. We told him we would be alright alone but he insisted and we appreciated his kindness. Our time in Agra was cut short but the assigned guide there adjusted our schedule and we were able to have well guided visits to the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort.

All in all the tour was outstanding. We would certainly recommend Delhi Magic and Magic Tours of India to anyone contemplating a tour of India. From the initial planning, we suggested most of the hotels and itinerary, Deepa and Shobna indicated improvements and were patient with my occasional changes to the itinerary. The execution of the tour was performed in a professional and well organized fashion. There were no problems or misadventures . I hope others will have the opportunity to tour India with Magic TOurs of India and Delhi Magic.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Gary L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Leicester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Tour & Service - Totally Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We would recommend everyone to use Magic Tours for a hassle free tour and Service. The tour of South India organised by Deepa was fantastic. They took care of every detail. Very organised and professional.

Guides that they provided were very knowledgeable and informative.

Both driver's Vinod (Kerala) and Ramesh (Bangalore & Mysore) were very friendly, reliable, accomodating and professional.

Would definately use Magic Tour for our trip to India again.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Smita P
england
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“First time in India made a pleasure by this company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

As well as day times this company do personalised longer itinaries. I visited North India with my partner Dec 2010 - Jan 2011 but it has taken me a while to review Delhi Magic (sorry!)
What can I say, from the very first email communication (swift, efficient and friendly) the experience was smooth, easy and painless.
As I was highly overexcited about my first ever trip to India I had a somewhat unrealistic idea of what I could cover in 10 days and Deepa helpfully "guided" me to a more realistic itinarary!
We settled on ten days covering: Delhi, Udiapur, Jodphur, Jaipur, Ranthambore and Agra, taking in Pushkar and Ajmer too.
For this epic adventure we had the services of our ever cheerful driver who would appear promptly each morning, rub his hands together and ask "what today?!"
In total we paid around £1,000 for the two of us, this included all accomodation, transportation across North India, the only things not included where entrance fees, meals and insurance. We could have done it cheaper but I wanted the stress and fuss taking out of the arrangements and that was certainly the case here.
All our hotels were fantastic, ranging from a cosy homestay in Jodhpur to a gorgeous havali minutes from the lakes in Udiapur.
You really appreciate having someone on hand to deal with the inevitable problems that occur when travelling in somewhere as manic as India - when we arrived we were orignally meant to travel to Udiapur via a 12 hour overnight train journey, sadly the workers were on strike, pulling up trainlines and sleeping on them, the period we were meant to travel so we had to do it by car instead, this necessitated an extra night stay in a hotel which did not cost us a penny, and a rather long (26 hours in total!) car trip to Udiapur in horrible thick fog. If we had been on our own this would have caused rather a lot of stress, but Deepa and the team made it seamless and painfree!
Things will never go completely to plan in India, and on route to Agra we were scheduled to visit Fatehpur Sikri but the road was blockaded as part of the strikes and we had to take an unscheduled, off road, back street adventure through several hours worth of tiny villages that probably never usually got to see wide eyes tourists! Again, if we had been travelling alone this would have caused us problems, but our driver just cheerfully carried on (although at times we did wonder if he know quite where we were!!)
To sum up, Delhi Magic made our first experience of India marvellous, they are on hand to help but also let you get on with your own thing too. I would definately recommend them and will use them again next time!!!!

Visited February 2011
1 Thank collymarps
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful and Memorable Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Myself and my wife had been to Rajasthan during third week of December. Delhi Magic has arranged this wonderful tour for us. Everythng went off extremely well flawlessly. We were received by their representative in all the train stations with a pleasant smile. We started our trip frm Delhi. Delhy By Metro by the guide Uma Rawat was excellent. We stayed at Thikana, which is home away from home. Then we proceeded to Udaipur. The city is very beautiful. The guide for our tour UmaShankar was very knowlegeable and affectionate.He was pro-active. He took us to Sreenathji temple as per our request. Then from Udaipur we went to Jaipur. The guide there was cheerful Nidhi Misra,who was equally very knowledgeable.She was full of life. We headed to Ranthambhore. We were put up in Khem Villas. Fantastic piace to stay. We had a warm welcome by the wonderful hostess Mrs. Usha.She herself guided us to our beautiful tent & showed us the facilities they have. It was a good change from the daily routine of TV and Internet. All the drivers for our trip were well mannerd & knowledgeable out of which Sunil in Udaipur was exceptionally good. Overall we thank Delhi Magic team for making our trip the most memorable one. We recommend this to our family and friends.
-Neil Bharadwaj

1 Thank NB95
Brooklyn, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Delhi Magic is TOP NOTCH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Thanks to the stellar reviews on TripAdvisor, I booked Delhi Magic to arrange a trip to India. It was our first time in country and after much back and forth tweaking the itinerary, we settled on the 'golden triangle' of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.

Delhi Magic was certainly not the cheapest option so I did consider some of the competition but professionalism and timely responses of Deepa (owner) and her staff made it clear this was the company to use.

From the moment we were picked up at the airport to the moment we were dropped off, everything went seamlessly. It is very clear to me that Delhi Magic puts in a tremendous amount of effort to ensure that guests are taken care of at each step of the way. I've used several other tour companies in other parts of the world and nothing compares.

We had the same driver throughout our time there. He was ALWAYS on time (you could set your watch by him), courteous, helpful and a pleasure to be around. The local guides in each city were also all on time, spoke excellent english, provided great color and information about each location and made the most of our time in the country. Having a private guide in each city was also a great way for us to be able customize what we wanted to do and see at a moments notice. We loved the flexibility.

Lastly the hotels we booked were also wonderful. I had asked to stay at Oberoi's throughout but Delhi Magic suggested I stay at the Taj in Jaipur. Well that was an absolute highlight as it was the most beautiful and luxurious stop on this already plush trip.

If I had to make one small note about something I think that could be improved is that I asked not to be taken to any of the typical tourist shopping pavilions and we were definitely brought there anyway. Granted, I did want to shop but I found the prices at these locations to be very high and the experience inauthentic. I realize the drivers and guides likely get a commission to bring us which doesn't bother me in of itself but I just don't enjoy the hard sells or shopping at these places - these were the only time I felt like I wasn't being listened to. Other than that, I really can't say enough good things about my experiences with Delhi Magic other than I wished they arranged tours throughout the world. Other companies should take notes!

When I return to India, I will absolutely be using them again.

Visited October 2011