“This would've been a good joke, had I had more sense of humour in Delhi.”
Review of Hotel West Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Hotel West Inn
Ranked #515 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Helsinki, Finland
“This would've been a good joke, had I had more sense of humour in Delhi.”
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I, like many other travelerers it seems, booked this hotel based on the brilliant reviews on this website. Too bad, that I did not realise that all the 5 star reviews had been given by users who have not submitted any other material on this website. I am absolutely convinced that these people / this person is someone working for West Inn hotel.

In reality the place is horrible. When me and my friend stayed at West Inn, we
-found that the bedlinen had not been washed, there were stains and pubic hair in them
-could not use the balcony of our room because it was completely and thorougly covered by birds' excrements.
-found the staff friendly in the first place, but soon realised that they were heavily trying to persuade us to buy some more travel services from them, to book accommodation to elsewhere in India from them etc. They managed to make us hire a taxi from them, only to realise that the driver was reluctant to take us to many places to India and only wanted to take us to 'the owner of the hotel' or something, to discuss our further plans in India. When we refused and got back to our hotel, we received an angry phone call from someone working for the hotel, asking for an explanation, why we had not gone to that travel shop. (Obviously, we had never agreed to go there)

The only reason we stayed in this hotel for this one night was that we had paid for this beforehand already, and we tired to go and look for anything else.

All in all, I recommend everyone to stay away from this place. If in doubt, check out the reviews on this website, from users who have submitted many reviews, not from the ones who have only posted one.. then you should get a clearer picture of this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank Markush77
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I stayed in West Inn numerous times during my trips to Delhi and I recommend it without hesitation to any traveler. It is clean, with friendly and professional staff, very centrally located (near Sadipur metro station), with nice and spacious rooms, AC, TV, etc. On top of it all, the price of the rooms is very logical and its services is worth it. I will, for sure, visit it again!
Spyridon Toufexis, Athens, Greece

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spiroulis
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Really can't complain about this hotel! For the price the room was adequate. Clean and good facilities. They provided a great service which made our trip to India easy and memorable!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alana-Ray
Jaipur
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I was traveling to Delhi on a short notice for a business meeting. My tickets were booked at the last moment and I did not get enough time to research for a good hotel.

One of my colleague suggested this hotel to me as he keeps traveling to Delhi. I was a bit skeptical at first but being on a tight time line I went for it.

Fortunately I was wrong. The moment I entered this hotel it changes the whole image I had about this hotel. Don't go by the reviews this is genuinely a very good hotel in the hearth of Delhi.

Location is just perfect and very approachable to all the places in Delhi with walking distance to the metro station.

The reception area is very well maintained which makes it an ideal venue for business meetings. The rooms are enough big with clean bedsheets and very good service. The bathroom was very well maintains with high quality fittings. The food served at this hotel speaks of the high quality chef that resides here. Staff is very friendly and will go beyond their call of duty to please you.

They have Wi-Fi for no extra cost so that is a big help.

I would definitely visit this hotel again whenever I will come to Delhi next time.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rajiv16
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2011

The West Inn was the worst hotel we stayed at on our entire trip through India. The website is incredibly deceiving, pitching the hotel as modern and trendy and claims to be in the centre of Delhi. LIES!!! While the design of the rooms tries to be modern, it is the cheapest, tackiest type of modern possible. The walls and furniture were chipped and dirty, the shower floods the whole bathroom and the breakfast was very average and located in a smelly, leaking dungeon-like basement. On top of all of that, the hotel is a good 20 minute taxi ride from Connaught Place, on a dirty back street of Delhi. The whole experience may have been less sour if the staff were at least polite and frienly, however they failed at this too. The only good thing about this hotel is they let us cancel our booking after one miserable night there!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple