“Nice and convenient hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Daanish Residency

Hotel Daanish Residency
Ranked #394 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Los Angeles, CA
“Nice and convenient hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed for 5 nites at Daanish and overall were pleased with our stay. Hotel is clean, comfotable and staff is very helpful. Only thing negative--we saw online they had a gym, but they do not. Rooftop restaurant is nice and in summertime you get good breeze. The hotel is in a quiet residential part of Karol Bagh so you are away from the noisy streets with honking horns. You can actually get a very comfortable night's sleep. Food was also excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, facing the street (street is quiet so you won't get noise)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SoS-Rajnish, General Manager at Hotel Daanish Residency, responded to this review, 12 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Hotel Daanish Residency

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

This is our pleasure, you enjoy your stay with us & we made your stay comfortable
We will continue with the same & offer you a better services and hospitality.

Hope to see you again with some more real reviews so other travelers can also see & utilize the true traveler’s reviews.

+91-9818663357
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Marys, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay. We were there for 5 days. They have 24 hour room service, complimentary breakfast, beautiful rooms, and wonderful staff. We would love to visit again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly F
SoS-Rajnish, General Manager at Hotel Daanish Residency, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Rajnish Kumar, General Manager at Hotel Daanish Residency, responded to this review
30 May 2012

Dear Kally

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

One of the worst hotel I had stayed so far, horrible rooms, pathetic room service and sub standard breakfast .. Which is always late..

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Sanghadeb
SoS-Rajnish, General Manager at Hotel Daanish Residency, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Hotel Daanish Residency. I am so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for all, Since you are our valued guest we would not like to comment against your words . we thank you once again to share your feedback and we acknowledge with full attention that, All highlighted issues have been well noted. A note of investigation/inspection is sent to Hotel Management team and Please rest assured that our Assistant Housekeeper & Front office Manager have been noted and they will take immediately action to rectify the problem. An appropriate training will surely be conducted to all Housekeepers in order to improve the level of cleanliness standard accordingly. We have already instructed our Service Supervisor team to look at highlighted Issue seriously.
At Hotel Daanish Residency , we are most concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to be your host and better serve you in the near future.
Do write me your query or concern at rajnish@hoteldaanish.com
Sincerely yours

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I travel to Delhi regularly and know what I like and expect at a realistic price. When I chanced on The Hotel Daanish last year I stayed a week while having dental work done, then came back after traveling. I recommended it to friends who also stayed there. It is a new and contemporarily styled hotel with a feeling of light and space in a quiet lane away from the busy main streets of Karol Bagh. It is convenient - in a local business district where I can find everything I need, the Metro is a short walk away, there is good food (Saravana Bhawa, Suruchi) and plenty of choice for fabric shops and bling. I've checked out a lot of the hotels in Karol Bagh and I might get better than the Daanish, but I'd pay a whole lot more. I can get a lot worse and pay about the same. I won't get cleaner, because the presentation is on the whole good, and if I asked housekeeping to attend to anything in the room I was not happy with, it was cleaned. I value having a safe, kettle and fridge in my room - and a window that lets in fresh air over sumptuous furnishings. I prefer the Daanish's plain and tasteful furnishings over the "Dynasty" style many hotels go for.
I probably had the room one reviewer mentioned where the shower sent water all over the floor. I like this room and don't have high expectations of plumbing in Delhi. The towels on the floor took care of the overflow and housekeeping happily replaced them.
I liked the fact that I could get room service and meals on the terrace - presentation is not flash but from a simple menu, as good food as I would get anywhere.
I like my space and also I like warmth and the staff here gave the right blend. Basing my week's stay in Delhi here gave me a 'home' to come and go from - always a friendly welcome and the offer of tea on my return. Whatever local information or request I had, the staff were happy to help. Their switched on and respectful style compensated for the kind of structural and service peculiarities I have learned to expect in India. I'm probably going to Delhi next week and if my room is available I'll stay at the Daanish again.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms which face a concrete wall.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Coromandelle6
SoS-Rajnish, General Manager at Hotel Daanish Residency, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Rajnish kumar, General Manager at Hotel Daanish Residency, responded to this review
09 march 2012

Dear Guest

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

If you are backpacker, this is probably a good place to stay. For the rest of you, don't bother booking at this hotel. Though I was told that the had hot water for showers, the water never heated up. The room was marginally clean and the sheets were stained. It was also very noisy - ringing phones & street noise.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo