“Nice Place - though Zero Hotel Feel!”
Review of Apartment 52

Apartment 52
Ranked #587 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Booked via the net in the winter months, which happen to be season months. From a price perspective I think it was a great deal. I loved the high speed free WIFI

The hotel - rather the service apartment is in the business district, very well done and very good decor. I really liked it. The staff was helpful, though not professional, tending to be loud and immersed in themselves. But some were good.

The room had a refrigerator, a micro and stuff, so I could get my food from outside and heat it and eat it which was very convenient. The bathroom was good, though the toiletries need hell of a improvement - very low quality and sub standard stuff.

The bed was nice, though on the first day, mine was laden with stands of long hair, guess they had not changed the linen to save costs, which is a regular feature of service apartments, especially in New Delhi. However when I made this mention the management quickly changed all of it and readied the room.

The entrance is a tad risky as they an automatic sliding gate, that is controlled by a gate keeper, but in my case for all the 4 days I stayed there, he was reading the news paper or chatting or looking the other way resulting in banging the door against me or not opening it all.

The laundry too came with shirts hanging on rusty hangers. I made this mention, and the staff was prompt enough to get the laundry redone and were very apologetic.

I guess the place is new and the staff needs training. Most behave as if they are house staff and in a residential bungalow.

The breakfast was not very good, very basic, usually cold and if 5 people came there was no place to sit. Also the used plates etc were piled right outside the entrance of the dining room which is in the basement. With whatever the breakfast available for 3 days I had a great and very helpful attendant and on one day, a sleepy fellow, who was busy watching cricket on TV and seemed least bothered about the empty buffet.

Nevertheless, great place, very niche and private, will to stay there again and again. Though I sincerely hope that the management puts trained and qualified staff or at least coaches them for professional behavior.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, but ask for rooms overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Anirudh G

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I was staying is this service apartment from 22/Feb/2012 to 25/Feb/2012.
The Aparment is located in the heart of CP and is near to the Inner circle [CP] and walking distance to Rajiv Metro Station in CP & to pallika bazar. Ideal Location!
The Service from the reception Staff, namely Aarti and Neetu was warm and friendly!
They were kind enough to give me an upgrade to a deluxe room ! I saw all their rooms i.e the standard/deluxe/suite - no matter which you choose,all of them are spacious and comfortable rooms !
The bathroom was clean and all the toiletteries that one needs are provided.
The breakfast is tasty and filling ! Though the choice is limited, but its more then enough and quite filling. I have to say this-it would be good if the management paid some attention into making the bfast staff more efficent and the service fast - but despite this I have to say the staff are polite and cordial !
The marketting manager Ms.Aditi was very kind and called me quite a few times to make sure that I had everything I needed and that my stay was comfortable and upto the expectation ! I give then full marks for that ! Their manager Mr.Balwinder was also very cordial and was trying his best to make sure that the guests were happy and comfortable.
The nearest Airport Metro station is Shivaji Metro Station,from where a person can hire a Tuktuk and reach the hotel within 5 minutes ! Or its best to hire a prepaid taxi from the airport. Remember-take a turning in the lane beside the Allahbad Building[Next to Hotel park] and the moment u drive into the lane,you take a left turn in that lane, right there on the right side is 52 number building which in itself is Appt,52 !
I would definatly stay here during my next visit to New Delhi !

Room Tip: All the rooms are good - U can request them for a quite corner room and I am sure they will willingl...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mukesh_shukla_pune
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Hi All

Its second time I stayed with Apartment 52 and I really enjoyed my stay. I stayed for 6 nites there. The hotel is 10/10 for its cleanliness and security also staff is very helpful, rooms are very comfortable and bigger in size, food was yummy and the best part is it's location. I found it The Best in its category. Hope to visit Apartment 52 sooon!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you are visiting New Delhi, I think it is the Best option in its category of hotels. Located at t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Aryaa
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We had Group bookings for Apartment 52 and had around 9 rooms for our delegation. The location is so central in cp, just behind park hotel, close to metro station markets like cannaught place,karolbagh,lajpatnagar.
Nicely decorated rooms. Security is excellant , breakfast excellant, STAFF very helpful especially the Manager. Mr. Baljit singh is helpful ,co-operative and extremely caring .

IMPROVEMENT DESIRABLE

kITCHEN TIMINGS to extend beyond 9.30 pm to atleast 11 pm

The Menu card offers very few dishes , the hotel needs to subtantially increase variety and number of dishes though whatever is available here is prepared well.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank vishalalagh
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Hotel is centrally located with friendly concierge staffs. Room is clean and cozy but with poor lightings. Bathroom appears to be clean but not until the next morning, we found so many little bugs everywhere in the bathroom. They are quite disgusting but we couldn't do anything to them. Food served at breakfast was limited with choices. Security of the hotel is tight, we felt safe. Overall it wasn't too bad for a one night stay. But seriously, I hope they can do something to those bugs!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends