“Excellent Experience in India, Courtesy of the Crew at Trinetra”
Review of Trinetra Tours

Private Tour: Discovering the Cultural Heritage of Delhi
Ranked #3 of 534 Tours in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are based in Delhi and offer a variety of tours in Delhi and from Delhi to several destinations. Our tours tend to get beneath the surface of the destination to explore less known and unique aspects. Various elements are combined to give guests the option of a complete experience - Ayurvedic massages, walks along the back of beyond regions, contact with families, home visits and dinner with families, witnessing performing arts, theater, etc. All these and more fit into the scheme of our tours that bring to our guests a feel and a sense of fulfillment. The guiding principle of our tours are a genuine interest in the guest, right knowledge and true intentions to serve with our heart.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Trinetra Tours Review

This is the review for a trip I took with Trinetra Tours to India April 22nd through May 6, 2017. I should say up front I have travelled extensively, usually without the assistance of a tour company, so this was a learning experience for me.
I had tried to do all the research I could on tour companies who handled trips in India. As a U.S. citizen, I started with companies that were based here or in England, thinking they may possibly be more reliable (or at least easier to try to work something out with if I felt they had done me wrong). I quickly realized all those companies were well out of financial reach for me, with some of their package tours coming in at around $10,000 (U.S.) just for the tour.
So I began looking outward at companies based in India. I used several resources, but TripAdvisor was the most helpful. After a good deal of research and review of first-hand accounts, it seemed to me there was one company emerging with the highest consistently excellent reviews and more important, very recent ones. This was Trinetra Tours.
I began e-mailing them and was met with gracious and hearty responses from Mahendra, chocked full of information and good tidings. He was always prompt in his replies and helpful with my questions.
Trinetra started with a suggested itinerary. I was ambitious and wanted to do a lot of things in my two weeks there. The company was very flexible, basically taking the attitude that as long as it was a reasonable request, they would make it happen, be it an extra night here or skipping/including this place or that one. We came up with an itinerary that was primarily based in Rajasthan, but also included Delhi and Varanasi. There were seven total destinations, and Trinetra was to provide an air-conditioned car to travel to most of them, although there was an overnight AC sleeper train at one point (to Jaisalmer) and a domestic flight on Indigo Airlines (to Varanasi).
Trinetra had agreed to pick me up at the airport in Delhi. Due to air-traffic control issues in Washington D.C., I missed a connecting flight and lost a whole day of vacation. I was afraid this would totally throw off the plans and I would be trying to get to my hotel in Delhi on my own.
Not so. Trinetra rolled with the punches and there was a most helpful individual at the airport once I arrived who was to ensure everything went smoothly for me. Enter the gracious Mr. Kevin Miller, I hope he is doing well. Kevin had a car with a driver awaiting us, and took me to the hotel accommodations Trinetra had arranged for me as part of the package deal. Kevin was nice, informative, and had so much paperwork for me I thought I was applying for a federal job (this is not a critique though – when my life is to be in your hands for the next two weeks, I will take thorough).
My package included hotels for every leg of my journey, except my night in the desert. The hotels were all very nice (special shout-out to the Hotel Gulaal in Jaisalmer, which was an exceptional facility), air-conditioned, and would have cost a pretty penny in the States. Each offered an included breakfast. I think I helped myself too by going in what was nearly the hottest part of the year. It was 107 degrees my last day in Varanasi. Having said that, this is not for everyone: the crowds are few (at times I felt like the only tourist in a given area), but the sun could absolutely boil brass door knobs by 2:00 p.m. You have to weigh your priorities on that one.
Transportation was arranged between all city destinations, and I enjoyed the company of my drivers who kept me safe in the automotive chaos of Delhi and India in general. Special props go out to a couple who I felt a solid connection with. It was really cool riding around with Raj in Delhi and getting to chat a bit with him. I know he is friends with Kevin so I hope they will have a toast in my honor next time they are doing something fun. The bulk of my driving was done by the very capable Mr. Raju, and I thank him for getting me safely everywhere he did. It was my understanding that he was about to transition employment, so I wish him the best of luck with whatever endeavor he has undertaken.
At every destination, there was a Trinetra rep who basically made sure transitions were smooth, that check-in to the hotel was seamless, and to inquire as to my needs. Separate from this, there was a tour guide twice a day from the local area for each day of sightseeing. A special shout-out is in order for fellow attorney and overall cool dude Jai in Varanasi, he was an excellent guide. Trinetra arranged for everything. Once I decided to trust their company, I left most everything it in their hands, and they did not disappoint. The one other tour company I dealt with, Trotters, who Trinetra hooked me up with for the camel safari, was also great, and will be reviewed separately.
India can be daunting. It can be a challenge on your own. I am not saying it can’t be done, and props to those that do it. I am sure it can be very rewarding. For my situation, however, I had very limited time and several destinations I had to see. Just trying to figure out what train tickets and where to buy them at the madhouse that is the Delhi train station would have taken so much time my trip would have suffered for it. Trinetra arranged for everything.
Overall, I want to say I recommend Trinetra to assist you in planning your experience in India. The price was fair, the itineraries flexible and pretty much up to you, and there is typically always someone within easy reach who can help you if you have any issues. Kevin gave me his cell number and I knew at any time I could call him with issues or concerns. Also, one day, one planned excursion that had been an additional fee I ended up not going on. Kevin arranged for a prompt refund for that portion of the package.
So, in summation, Trinetra really exceeded my expectations and is a company I would trust to arrange my trip if I ever make it back to India (and I hope I will). I understand they are also expanding, and handling trips to some neighboring countries. India was amazing, I saw Delhi, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Ranthambore, Agra, and Varanasi. Thanks guys, and keep up the good work!

Things to be Aware of:

Tipping, or baksheesh, is a serious consideration in India and seems to make the world go round. You will end up tipping frequently and many expect it. Most deserve it, though sometimes you may wonder if it is warranted. The drivers should be tipped, the tour guides too, the guys that handle your baggage, sometimes even the company liaison, etc. etc. I have seen some knock Trinetra for this, but two things I would point out. Trinetra sends you information indicating there is a culture of tipping in India, giving you notice, and then they further explain this once you arrive and you are given the “orientation.” They are clear that it is not mandatory and give you guidelines for what is an adequate and fair tip. Kevin reiterated this information to me at the “orientation” as they picked me from the airport. I knew this was coming so I had considered it an additional cost of the trip, and therefore had budgeted it in to the total amount of money I was prepared to spend. Secondly, I would point out, this is the case in the whole of the land of India, and Trinetra did not create this situation. It is very similar to places like Morocco and Egypt in this regard. It is just something one needs to be aware of when planning a trip here.
Lastly, there are the touts. Again, you have these in a lot of places I have been. People persistently trying to sell you something you don’t want or offering their questionable “expertise” on a tour of a landmark can be severely annoying. Please don’t let them ruin your stay in India. A firm “no” and a brisk and steady walk away is usually the best response.

2  Thank Jason A

Reviewed 20 June 2017

After a long safari in Tanzania, we played with the thought of exploring India. I mean why not right? We can sleep and recuperate during the flight and be ready for another stretch of adventure. I emailed multiple companies and immediately got drawn to the responsiveness of both Mahendra and Vernika. The best feature of this company is their flexibility. They tailored the itinerary to our liking and even included a food tour with India City Walks since we are big foodies. The E-Visa procedure in the New Delhi airport was flawless and quick. Sunhill, our tour executive was already waiting for us with a big yellow sign. We had cold bottles of water in the car since it was one of the hottest times of the year! The biggest perk of our chosen time to visit is that there were very little tourists around. We felt like we had India all to ourselves.

The hotels in our itineraries were fantastic. Check-in and check-out process were fast and seamless. Hotel rooms were comfortable and exceeded our expectations. See my reviews for the included hotels in my TripAdvisor profile. For all the travelers out there, India has a different approach when it comes to touring the Golden Triangle. You are assigned a driver and then meet the local guides in each city you visit. I find this very interesting since you get a variety of tour guides. What we liked about it is that they each have a vast knowledge of their city. It is very much personalized and focused. We had Mr. Shivam for New Delhi. Chek-out my review on under India City Walks and then Mr. Bhagwhat for Jaipur. He is a very knowledgeable man with an impressive background in astronomy. And last but not the least Mr. Shankar in Agra. Our most animated tour guide with so much passion about history, religion, and tradition. We learned the most from him. He even hand delivered printed photos of us from the Taj Mahal before we left the city. That was such a thoughtful gesture. Not only was he the best tour guide, he was absolutely the best photographer!

Last but not least, Mr. Vijay our driver. He is the man who kept us safe throughout our lovely visit in India. The streets of India is chaotic, fast, and can be dangerous for both pedestrian and car. But Vijay is an exceptional driver. He kept us informed every step of the way. He is knowledgeable in all the cities we visited and always had cold bottles of water in the car ready for us. It was like we had another personal tour guide with us. We listened to Indian music and he would explain it to us. Vijay gave us time to sleep in between long drives understanding that we have come a long way. We caught a big storm on our way to Jaipur where you could not even see the road ahead. He navigated through that with so much ease. Thank you Vijay! We will always remember you!

We highly recommend this company! The key is to communicate your expectations with them and they will exceed it more than 100%. Thank you Trinetra! We will be back!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Trinetra Tours has arrange a fabulous tour plan for me just over the weekend. As a Solo traveler, I decided to take a stop in Delhi before heading back to Singapore from my Ladakh Trip. Delhi has always been a transit point for me,never got the chance to tour, but Trinetra manage to organize a tour that allowed me to cover most of the Delhi tour sights just over the weekend. It was arrange truly base on my time and i dint feel the rush, and stress of moving around Delhi. Mr Mahendra has through out kept in contact with me before my trip down to Delhi to suggest and arrange my tour plan. On the morning of my arrival, my flight was delayed and i manage to catch an earlier flight, Manage to drop a call to them just before boarding my flight and they manage to make arrangement to pick me up from the airport earlier, all that in Just within 1.5 hours. I was assigned to an English speaking tour guide Mr Sourabh Tiwari and a very jovial Driver Mr Rama. Both of them made my trip a memorable one, Never felt solo throughout the trip. I was kind of impress with Mr Saurabh way of guiding me through each monument that i visited, he made the tour more of a learning journey for me by explaining the history and stopping at suitable spots where i can capture beautiful images without the interference of the public. On a request of visiting the old Delhi, he safely brought me through narrow lanes to see the spice market and book market giving me an opportunity to see how a people of delhi spend their weekends in the old market. Truly a great experience. Thanks again to the whole team of Trinetra tours, You guys are a definite choice for my next visit to india.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Where to start, firstly to tell you about the tour we arranged through Trinetra Tours.
We started off with a 6 day tour of the India Triangle, which I would highly recommend.
Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Neemrana Fort, then we flew to Kanha NP for a weeks Tiger Safari.
All were amazing thanks to the fantastic Trinetra Tours Team. We would like to mention and thank of of the team involved in no particular order. Mahendra, Vernika,Kevin and last but most certainly not least Deepak our amazing driver. Without all of their professionalism, organisation, friendliness and flexibility, which made this trip so unforgettable. Let me put anyone who has any concerns about travelling to India. The people are all friendly and I mean all (locals) food was amazing and most important, Vanessa and myself always felt safe!! We travelled in late May when the heat was around 45c, however this is a dry heat and a lot of the time we were kept in the shade when visiting forts,palaces,monuments and mosques and did not find the heat a problem. The great thing about going in the summer is the crowds are much fewer. Example Taj Mahal was crowd free, therefore allowing you to get some great pictures. I cannot speak more highly of Trinetra Tours from our first email from Mahendra and Vernika till the very last day when dropped off by our excellent driver Deepak. Kevin our trip organiser was there 24/7 if we had any concerns or change of plans and always kept in touch with us to make sure everything was fine. What I would recommend is go to India with an open mind, immerse yourself in all their culture and enjoy this incredible country. We will definitely be going to India and will look nowhere else other than Trinetra Tours. Once again to all of the Trinetra Team thank you so very much!!! :)

1  Thank ricccyReading
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I was beyond impressed by the entire trip! Trineta and all it's staff really did everything in their power to make this trip a memorable one. They thought of EVERYTHING. Our driver had cold water for us at every single stop ( and in the trunk of the car in a cooler throughout the 7 days), he also showed us and explained things to us along the way that we passed by while driving from city to city. All of the hotels we stayed at exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend traveling with Trineta and to India to anyone!