“Splendid India”

Private Tour: Discover the Architectural Splendors of Delhi
Ranked #2 of 583 Tours in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are based in Delhi and offer a variety of tours in Delhi and from Delhi to several destinations. Our tours tend to get beneath the surface of the destination to explore less known and unique aspects. Various elements are combined to give guests the option of a complete experience - Ayurvedic massages, walks along the back of beyond regions, contact with families, home visits and dinner with families, witnessing performing arts, theater, etc. All these and more fit into the scheme of our tours that bring to our guests a feel and a sense of fulfillment. The guiding principle of our tours are a genuine interest in the guest, right knowledge and true intentions to serve with our heart.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 June 2017

After a long safari in Tanzania, we played with the thought of exploring India. I mean why not right? We can sleep and recuperate during the flight and be ready for another stretch of adventure. I emailed multiple companies and immediately got drawn to the responsiveness of both Mahendra and Vernika. The best feature of this company is their flexibility. They tailored the itinerary to our liking and even included a food tour with India City Walks since we are big foodies. The E-Visa procedure in the New Delhi airport was flawless and quick. Sunhill, our tour executive was already waiting for us with a big yellow sign. We had cold bottles of water in the car since it was one of the hottest times of the year! The biggest perk of our chosen time to visit is that there were very little tourists around. We felt like we had India all to ourselves.

The hotels in our itineraries were fantastic. Check-in and check-out process were fast and seamless. Hotel rooms were comfortable and exceeded our expectations. See my reviews for the included hotels in my TripAdvisor profile. For all the travelers out there, India has a different approach when it comes to touring the Golden Triangle. You are assigned a driver and then meet the local guides in each city you visit. I find this very interesting since you get a variety of tour guides. What we liked about it is that they each have a vast knowledge of their city. It is very much personalized and focused. We had Mr. Shivam for New Delhi. Chek-out my review on under India City Walks and then Mr. Bhagwhat for Jaipur. He is a very knowledgeable man with an impressive background in astronomy. And last but not the least Mr. Shankar in Agra. Our most animated tour guide with so much passion about history, religion, and tradition. We learned the most from him. He even hand delivered printed photos of us from the Taj Mahal before we left the city. That was such a thoughtful gesture. Not only was he the best tour guide, he was absolutely the best photographer!

Last but not least, Mr. Vijay our driver. He is the man who kept us safe throughout our lovely visit in India. The streets of India is chaotic, fast, and can be dangerous for both pedestrian and car. But Vijay is an exceptional driver. He kept us informed every step of the way. He is knowledgeable in all the cities we visited and always had cold bottles of water in the car ready for us. It was like we had another personal tour guide with us. We listened to Indian music and he would explain it to us. Vijay gave us time to sleep in between long drives understanding that we have come a long way. We caught a big storm on our way to Jaipur where you could not even see the road ahead. He navigated through that with so much ease. Thank you Vijay! We will always remember you!

We highly recommend this company! The key is to communicate your expectations with them and they will exceed it more than 100%. Thank you Trinetra! We will be back!

All reviews
"internal flights"
in 16 reviews
"amazing country"

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Trinetra Tours has arrange a fabulous tour plan for me just over the weekend. As a Solo traveler, I decided to take a stop in Delhi before heading back to Singapore from my Ladakh Trip. Delhi has always been a transit point for me,never got the chance to tour, but Trinetra manage to organize a tour that allowed me to cover most of the Delhi tour sights just over the weekend. It was arrange truly base on my time and i dint feel the rush, and stress of moving around Delhi. Mr Mahendra has through out kept in contact with me before my trip down to Delhi to suggest and arrange my tour plan. On the morning of my arrival, my flight was delayed and i manage to catch an earlier flight, Manage to drop a call to them just before boarding my flight and they manage to make arrangement to pick me up from the airport earlier, all that in Just within 1.5 hours. I was assigned to an English speaking tour guide Mr Sourabh Tiwari and a very jovial Driver Mr Rama. Both of them made my trip a memorable one, Never felt solo throughout the trip. I was kind of impress with Mr Saurabh way of guiding me through each monument that i visited, he made the tour more of a learning journey for me by explaining the history and stopping at suitable spots where i can capture beautiful images without the interference of the public. On a request of visiting the old Delhi, he safely brought me through narrow lanes to see the spice market and book market giving me an opportunity to see how a people of delhi spend their weekends in the old market. Truly a great experience. Thanks again to the whole team of Trinetra tours, You guys are a definite choice for my next visit to india.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Where to start, firstly to tell you about the tour we arranged through Trinetra Tours.
We started off with a 6 day tour of the India Triangle, which I would highly recommend.
Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Neemrana Fort, then we flew to Kanha NP for a weeks Tiger Safari.
All were amazing thanks to the fantastic Trinetra Tours Team. We would like to mention and thank of of the team involved in no particular order. Mahendra, Vernika,Kevin and last but most certainly not least Deepak our amazing driver. Without all of their professionalism, organisation, friendliness and flexibility, which made this trip so unforgettable. Let me put anyone who has any concerns about travelling to India. The people are all friendly and I mean all (locals) food was amazing and most important, Vanessa and myself always felt safe!! We travelled in late May when the heat was around 45c, however this is a dry heat and a lot of the time we were kept in the shade when visiting forts,palaces,monuments and mosques and did not find the heat a problem. The great thing about going in the summer is the crowds are much fewer. Example Taj Mahal was crowd free, therefore allowing you to get some great pictures. I cannot speak more highly of Trinetra Tours from our first email from Mahendra and Vernika till the very last day when dropped off by our excellent driver Deepak. Kevin our trip organiser was there 24/7 if we had any concerns or change of plans and always kept in touch with us to make sure everything was fine. What I would recommend is go to India with an open mind, immerse yourself in all their culture and enjoy this incredible country. We will definitely be going to India and will look nowhere else other than Trinetra Tours. Once again to all of the Trinetra Team thank you so very much!!! :)

1  Thank ricccyReading
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I was beyond impressed by the entire trip! Trineta and all it's staff really did everything in their power to make this trip a memorable one. They thought of EVERYTHING. Our driver had cold water for us at every single stop ( and in the trunk of the car in a cooler throughout the 7 days), he also showed us and explained things to us along the way that we passed by while driving from city to city. All of the hotels we stayed at exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend traveling with Trineta and to India to anyone!

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

To be fair, the communication before the trip was very good, the agent was super responsive and good at what he does. We could not believe how cheap this perfectly rated agency was. So we went for it.
Result: One professional guide out of three. And when I say professional, I mean that he knew what he was talking about and that his language skills were very good, the other two were really bad, when we asked them about art and architecture, they just made it up! We checked afterwards and it was not true. The driver was ok, but always tried to do the things in his own way and his english was very very poor. We arrived at 2 am to the airport and nobody was there to pick us up. They claimed they had a technical problem, but that doesn't excuse not letting us know! They didn't call us or text us to warn us about it. Anyway, now we understand why was the whole package so cheap. Next time we will spend more money, that is for sure.

3  Thank Zombieuna
tapasbanerjee, Owner at Trinetra Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

It is always sad to read a feedback from a guest who has had a less than satisfactory experience. This is especially so because we see the business as an option for engaging with people and making friends with people who arrive into our lives from nowhere. We are so pleased that the guest enjoyed the pre-tour contact with us. Our hearts too were buoyed with joy at the delightful prospect of taking the engagement further.

I will refer as below to the issues raised by our guest.

Unlike many parts of the world, in India we do not have chauffeur cum guides. It is for this reason that we need to rely on local guides at each venue.

Our drivers are handpicked for not only their driving skills, but, for being personable and lovely human beings. In several reviews the drivers have been specially mentioned for their services. They have a functional understanding of English, but, cannot hold a long conversation. They will point out things on the go and if you have any need or request they would find ways of obliging.

Guides come into play at each city to deliver the narration and put sights as well as the culture in perspective. Yes please, they will do this in English or, wherever available, in a requested European languages.

Guests and visitors have their own unique requirements. No two clients are identical. Some are interested in a brief introduction and not an overdose of information that they cannot relate to . They would, following the introduction, do their own things as having an independent wander or making photos.

Some guests are oriented towards greater detail and are interested in a deeper understanding of the history, culture and traditions. For them we recruit highly learned guides who will love to go into elaborate details of the sights seen and, the general culture of the place.

In our tour application form we do encourage guests to share more information about their interests and needs. However, we will, in future be more proactive and ask our guests if they need services of guides who are oriented towards great detail , or , would desire a summary overview.

On the matter of hotels we suggest to guests hotels that have been approved by past guests. Wherever possible we look for local charm as this would be a unique experience. However, this does not mean that what has been appreciated with past guests would be to the liking of prospective travellers too. As this is an online model of business, we encourage guests to review every aspect of the tour including hotels that we are recmending or suggesting. What we propose is done in good faith, but should marry well with your travel styles and needs.

As for the airport transfer I will adduce no reason or excuse for the guest having to wait for the airport representative.. We make great efforts to confirm and reconfirm flight details. Many a times guest make an error and we catch it when they mention departure date from their city as the arrival date in India. A tour application form is submitted where precise flight details are to be listed. However, it appears that . what we do is not enough. We need to confirm and re-confirm arrangements with guest and also ensure that entries in our diaries add up. Such errors in our 25 years plus existence are almost non-existent, but, they do embarrass us.

I will like to assure all our prospective visitors that there is no compromise of intention or attitude with the money guests pay. Money has an influence only on the physical content of the tour such as a choice of car, 24x7 guide or the hotel suggestions that you may ask us to make etc. It is only when purchasing services that cost more, money becomes relevant. From the view point of service the goodwill of each guest irrespective of their budget is absolutely sacred. The goodwill of guests is what that makes our existence possible. This transcends money considerations. We have never forgotten that the set up 25 years back was from a shed and with just a capital of USD 8. If we have any dignity, then, this sourced to the guests who have bestowed upon us the noble responsibility of bringing to life their dream.

We deeply regret the negatives that the guest has listed and request their pardon. We have learnt better about their travel styles and will be up their the next time. I request the guests to trust us. We mean to learn as well as foster relationships and business just happens to be a medium for ensuring so. Sorry again.