“Good Budget Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #129 of 701 Hotels in New Delhi
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed at Hotel Le Roi in September 2011 for my first two nights in New Delhi. The rooms were surprisingly modern, the beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms were very clean. The hotel has free wifi, you just have to ask the front desk for the code or use the computers in the business center. Breakfast is free and average. Nothing spectacular, but it was good considering. The hotel is located within walking distance to lots of eating places, shops etc...
If you are a scaredy cat this is not the place for you. The hotel is located on a very busy, bustling part of town the views out the window are not glamarous, the streets are crowded with people and traffic and it is loud. My sleep was not disturbed at all, I couldn't hear the noise from my room with the windows closed, but when I went out it was loud. The staff was very helpful, they have a money changer in the hotel which is very convenient. Satisfactory stay if you want to experience New Delhi on a budget.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jamaicanbrownin
LeRoi2, Manager at Hotel Le Roi, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your patronage and recognition of our value. We appreciate your kind words. We Endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests.

New Delhi, India
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Mussoorie, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed in August first week for two nights. Rooms are modern and beds are very comfortable. The lobby is very nice with a business centre and restaurant. Staff is very helpful. I like there breakfast and pan cake was delicious. Its a complete value for money hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room in new wing.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
LeRoi2, Manager at Hotel Le Roi, responded to this review, 30 October 2012

New Delhi, India
Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I choose this hotel after reading the comments on tripadvisor, and I decided to stay there once before my trip of northern India and once after the trip. The hotel inside was very nice, and the desk staff was helpful. Two things disappointed me with this hotel: the rooms were not exactly clean, there was dust on the tables. The second thing is that the service staff acted funny whenever they were looking at the young couples in the hotel - that was rude. I would really recommend the managers to better train the service staff for such situations!
I also checked other hotels around, and Le Roi definitely stand out for its better luxury.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Zu_Explorer
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your patronage and recognition of our value. I and my staff appreciate your kind words. We Endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests. Definitely, we will try to give some more training to our staff so no one face any awkwardness.

I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I am a frequent guest to the hotel and again stayed two nights there in early August. When I checked out, a front staff orally informed me INR650 as extra charge so I paid. But soon, I requested to print a bill since this is a business trip so I need receipt. Surprised, the bill showed only INR600, not INR650. So I asked the front staff then he said "you asked Rikishaw yesterday" what I never asked to hotel. After all, he returned INR50 but I guess he tried to cheat me. Better ask to print bills before you pay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Superstarspy007
Dear Guest

We have a word with you regarding the same. As we said, we will take a strict action against this. We won't allow to anyone to do these such things in the premises.

We assure you this thing won't happen again. Hope we will see you again

Kindly accept our apology.

Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed with my family after looking at there reviews in tripadvisor. The rooms are modern, comfortable and spacious. Polite staff and a very good restaurant. I enjoyed my at le roi. 100% recommeded.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank singhish
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your patronage and recognition of our value. I and my staff appreciate your kind words. We endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests.

I hope we will see you again in the near future.