“Great Place to Stay for reasonable rates!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Roi

Ranked #130 of 702 Hotels in New Delhi
Ontario
“Great Place to Stay for reasonable rates!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have just returned from 5 weeks travelling India. Hotel Le Roi was my final stop. I had not been there before, and since I had budgeted so well for most of my trip--and stayed in some pretty basic places, I had made a deal with myself. I was going to treat myself to a nice hotel in Delhi IF Hotel Le Roi was basic and not comfortable.
I am happy to report that the hotel offered excellent value for the return.
The room was modern, clean and spacious. The bed and tv were excellent--with many english channels. The bathroom was clean and offered toiletries and other amenities. There is a business center and computer for use free of charge.
The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent.
I booked with venere, so did not have the breakfast--but most of the guests had breakfast included in their price.
I also had a late night flight, so I was permitted to stay for the day in the hotel--for Half of the cost of the room--a very reasonable arrangement.
The only down side was the location just outside the hotel--its definately working class India. However, a short walk and you are in the market area of the train station--a very interesting place to be.
The walk to Connaught place is NOT 10 minutes, more like 30 minutes--but thats fine--its an interesting walk!
There are many chai stalls and street food vendors outside of the hotel as well.
The staff is very helpful and efficient.
My only complaint was that I was charged various rates for tea--paying 35 rupees sometimes, and 77 rupees other times....but thats not a big deal. :)
Overall--the room was EXCELLENT and the hotel a lovely Oasis.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room that is recently renovated...renovations are going on at hotel so you will...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your patronage and recognition of our value. I and my staff appreciate your kind words. We endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests. As per your complaint of tea prices we charge Rs 35 plus taxes which is come Rs 38.50 only. might be you have consumed two cup of tea so they charge you Rs 70 plus tax which is come Rs 77 Only.

India
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

excellent......
room are nice and clean...good customer service........
location id good near to railway st and easy assess to bus service..
staff is very friendly and cooperative.......
food is very good love stay in hotel....
recommend everyone to stay in le roi.....

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Booked by our company on my official visit to Delhi for two nights. Excellent staff and vert good food.Rooms are very modern and comfortable I would definitely stay here on my next visit and recommend HOTEL LE ROI:)))

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank akshaygola

Noida, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

VERY GOOD PLACE....AND VERY NICE SERVICES......vety satisfactory...recommend to go back againg in future if possible. the behaviour of all stafs are very frank and friendly just feel like own home.I feel very peace and there is no any disturbance arout this hotel. I enjoyed and feel much comfortable with the emvirnment of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
LeRoi2, Manager at Hotel Le Roi, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your patronage and recognition of our value. We appreciate your kind words. We Endeavor to offer a positive experience for all of our guests.

New Delhi,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Excellent customer service with amazing rooms. Excellent value for money with a brilliant location, close to rail station which makes it easier to get to and commute. Great food variety and great taste. Definately recommend it to everyone and would definately visit it again.

• Stayed June 2012