“Dirtiest bath tub I have ever seen.”

Piccadily Hotel New Delhi
Ranked #365 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Muscat, Oman
“Dirtiest bath tub I have ever seen.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is a Hilton property, so it's not all bad, just mostly!
Inflexible stuff, a weird system where the executive lounge didn't serve drinks, had to move to a bar on the ground floor for that.
Our room seemed clean & ok until I walked into the bathroom. The tub was filthy with dust bunnies around the edges. How the supervisors missed this makes me really worry about their standards. This was on an executive floor too!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking time and letting us know your views regarding your recent stay with us.

I have made a note of the issue highlighted by you and would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the standards that the hotel maintains and the issue has been highlighted to the concerned department so that corrective measures can be taken.

We hope to be of service to you again in the not too distant future

Sincerely, Rubal Chaudhry, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Pullman, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed here for business since it happened to be close by to where I needed to be. The hotel and rooms are top-notch, what you'd expect from Hilton. The staff were very friendly and attentive, and the restaurants are also very good quality. The pool was closed for renovation during my stay, so that was the only downside. It was always a nice retreat at the end of each day to come back to the creature comforts that I as an American am accustomed to (soft bed, lots of English speaking TV channels, clean bathroom)!

Room Tip: I didn't hear any road noise, I was on the 9th floor. The higher the better, since traffic in In...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 898MDG89
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Thank you for taking time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the services provided by the hotel and would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri. We understand the importance of a hassle free stay on Business trips and will continue to do our best to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable experience.

We hope to be of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Johannesburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Good reliable hotel with very helpful attentive staff, particularly at breakfast. We felt that we were in an isolated area and it seemed to take a lot of time to get to the main attractions.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BagLadyJohannesburg
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you very much for your kind review of Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the services provided by the hotel and especially the food. Your positive feedback is definitely very motivating and we hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here for one night as the first part of a tour of India and Nepal. It's a nice hotel, but the area around it is a dump. The metro right outside might be an attraction for some, but it's a concrete eyesore.

Rooms: We had one on the same floor as the pool, which we thought would be good, but our schedule meant we had no opportunity to use it. However, we didn't realise that it had been set up as a wedding venue that night, which would probably have been fine if the hour long fireworks hadn't started at 22:30 ... and the party finally finished sometime after 04:00 in the morning, Normally sleep quality would have been 4, but this has to be 1 I'm afreaid.

Food: Ok, but nothing special. Had the buffet (there are two other restaurants in the hotel, but sorry, didn't go to India to have a pizza !!) which had a good selection, but no astounding taste experiences.

Staff: so so, nothing special.

Overall: As this was the first hotel that we used in India, I was surprised that they kept such a small amount of cash for Bureau-de-Change purposes. They had to send out for more money, and some people didn't get their cash until quite late in the day. One other thing ... the electrical outlets are not actually screwed into place, just held in position with grout/plaster ... or should I say 'used to be held in place' ... as some were loose and needed maintenance

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dw1501
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for two nights in December with 3 colleagues. The comments here are only on the hotel, as I did not try the food in the restaurants.

Decor: The hotel was built upscale, but it reflects a Punjabi design sensibility somewhere out of the 80's. Sort of like Trump CPW in Manhattan. It is not the blah international glass and marble you see all over Asia! Whether you like it or not, the carpets and interiors look somewhat worn, and I am pretty sure they host weddings every weekend, much like the one that was going on when I arrived.

The rooms are more typical, with well appointed bathrooms and robes and slippers readily available. The bed was comfortable, but too soft for my taste.

Service: Checking in and out was long and a hassle, They need to streamline the process. My team received rooms on different floors ( a minor inconvenience). My room was on the level of the pool with a wedding party that was wrapping up. I asked to switch and they refused. I think rooms that abut the pool and social halls should be only used for people in the wedding parties who would be attending the event. Maybe that is the point: why come to this hotel if you are not attending a wedding?

Value: We received a good rate on the rooms and were generally well rested for the day, which is the whole point (for us anyhow). The internet was an extra 12 USD a day, which I never appreciate. But, on the whole, this is not a bad hotel for the money. Just be ready to party with the wedding party!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was glad to hear that you were able to enjoy various aspects of the facilities provided by the hotel and a little concerned that not everything was to your expectation. It is feedback such as yours, which helps to further meet and exceed the expectations of our guests, and we greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi.