“great food but little higher in price”

Gulati Spice Market
Ranked #197 of 12,782 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining Indian Restaurant with kebabs, curries & biryanis (rice) from different parts of India. Specialty dishes include Pathar ke Kebab, Galouti, Burrah Kebab, Bhuna Kukda, Zafrani Dum Kebab, Hyderabadi Dum Biryanis, Laal Maas, Moong Dal Cigar, Paneer Bhare Papad, Kathal ki Bhurji, Jaipuri Mawa Mishri Brulee. Bar features an extensive wine list that is also one of the best priced in town. There are small bottles (187ml and 375ml) available in place of wines by glass so the diners get a fresh pour each time. The bar also features special cocktails based on fresh fruits & spices like Phalsa Mojito and Kokum Margherita. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

me & my friend visited this place late in the night after watching a movie at Select cit walk, saket. had wine along with food & really like the taste as well as ambiance of this place. recommend to all those who would like to taste real north-Indian / Punjabi food.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was headed for another restaurant last night but ended up at Gulati's Spice Market, which had been reccommended earlier to me by a friend. The food was fabulous and I've got so much packed and brought home that I have given the cook the weekend off. I'd ordered the Kabab Platter which had most of the Kababs they had to offer - Pathar, Sulay, Kasundhi Chicken and Tangri. The Patthar and Sulay were outstanding. The Kasundhi was low on Kasundhi (which was what I was looking for) but was very good otherwise. The Tangri was ok. At this point in time we were joined by Sumit Gulati - the owner and he took control of our order. We were given Gilawti and Barra which were perfectly done. For the main course we had the Lal maas and the malabar Parantha. Having worked extensively with the hospitality industry in Rajasthan, I can confidently say that it was an extremely authentic rendition of a dish which is not really easy to cook. The Malabar Parantha, I thought was still work-in-progress mode and can do with some improvement. Sumit also sent us a portion of mutton biryani which again was flavorsome and really good. And just when we were leaving we were offered unique moong dal cigar - a unique dessert just for which I can keep going back to the restaurant!!!

1  Thank VikrantNath
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The service was impecible and as always the food was amazing. All a bit cramped the ambience of the place is pleasurable

Reviewed 19 May 2013

i have been fan of gulati restaurant...i wanted to try spice market ever since i heard it was under same management... since it was early in evening we decided to takeaway a parcel... the food was good but what surprised me was that they put service charge on our bill wen my husband asked they said it is rule to charge service charge on takeaway too sort of ruins ur experience wen such tactics are used...

1  Thank rahul_ashwi
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

We were a group of about sixteen adults and about twelve children and they gave us a private space on their first floor.

They were very kind to offer us unlimited welcome drinks and also helped us identify the right menu for the event.

the day of the event they allowed us to use the television set with a karaoke system that we had.

The food was very tasty. The service of snacks and food was very prompt.

group thoroughly enjoyed there and we look forward to visiting them again.