“Good service but needs improvement.”
Review of Hotel Aster Inn

Ranked #160 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good service but needs improvement.”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The good: excelent service, clean rooms.
The bad: linen issues, insulation issues.
The service staff are very helpful, from the reception, to the "restaurant" (food is brought in from a nearby kitchen/restaurant), to housekeeping, the staff did their job with a smile. We arrived very early from an overnight train ride, and were allowed to check in early. We then had a late departure and were allowed to check out late, both actions extremely appreciated. The rooms are a decent size, while the bathrooms are a bit tight. The entire place, from top to bottom is spotlessly clean, and the room we were in seemed to have been recently renovated. But a few issues kept me from giving higher ratings. Both the windows in the room and were letting in cold air and noise from the alley behind the hotel. Our king size bed had a king size bottom sheet, but only a full size top sheet and blanket! A situation I've never encountered before. When we asked for maybe an extra sheet and some more blankets to get better coverage, we received the blankets but no sign of a sheet. My wife and I had to get "cozier" more than usual to fit under them smaller sheet. When I tried to take a shower around 10pm the water stayed warm long enough for me to barely get wet before it got cold. There were no listed limited hours for hot water availability so there was no excuse in my book for that.
Given the mostly good reviews on trip advisor, I was expecting more from this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank stephanos99
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 17 December 2011

This is a family owned and operated hotel - one of 3 they own within a 1-block radius - and it shows. They're well staffed by loyal and generally happy/courteous/respectful young men who are pleased to help you in any way they can. The hotel is very clean. It's also just the right level of "India" so you feel connected to the world around you.specially i m impressed with F.O. assistant Mr. Rakesh. He is very honest and chearful person,on the other hand they have very nice and professional managment: come here. That's my review. A good exprience!!!

Room Tip: ''worth of money and friendly hotel''
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Munish D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Aster Inn New Delhi for your stay, I am delighted that you enjoyed our features and services.

I am pleased to read that our features and services met with your expectations. It is our constant endeavor to create magical experiences for each of our guests.

Thank you also for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending us as your favorite place in Delhi. Your endorsement on our personalized staff services is highly appreciated and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soonest.

Jakarta
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Everything was ok until you asked for them to arrange for transportation. We came to Delhi with only one thing in mind, going to Agra (Taj Mahal). We asked Aster Inn to arrange transportation for us for going to The Taj Mahal, with the price we paid, it was way overpriced, the car was terrible and the drive was a dare-devil.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I visited Delhi with my family. Based on the reviews from Trip advisor, I had chosen this hotel. The hotel had arranged me the pick up from the airport (11.30PM) to the hotel with a moderate rate. I found that was a very wise decision, rather than taking a taxi from airport and searching the hotel location for entire night. The most impressive thing was the hotel people were very friendly and trusty. They are at our service! I had arranged the taxi from the hotel to see Agara, and local sight visits. I recommend the hotel arranged transportation (even though that is pricy), for a person with family and new to Delhi. No good restaurants, nearby. I just ordered the room service and the food tastes good, which brought from some nearby place. However, they serve the complementary break- fast. The only negative is the location... It is the middle of some automobile spare part shops or some metal shops. This is not a concern as long as a person is utilizing the hotel for few night stays and most of the daytime are out. Most of the rooms are having window A/Cs. Rooms are OK and clean, but worth of money. Again Great Staff who are ready to help and guide us at any time!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MP K

Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Fine this hotel is in a pretty crummy area of town, but it is two stops on the metro to Connaught Place and the metro is 5 minutes walk away.
Once I got there after the taxi driver had gotten hopelessly lost, I found an oasis of clean and quiet in an area where that is sorely lacking. The rooms are large and well lit, as well as being cleaned to western standards, particularly in the bathrooms.
There are, if anything, too many staff and you sometimes feel as if your every move is being watched, but if you have a problem it will be fixed ASAP. Overall a very pleasant stay in a tough city.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room and ask for one away from the street
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends