All reviews main bazaar hot water small alley room service busy area an oasis ganj delhi chaos metro laundry driver
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This hotel is located in a little side street of the main bazar in Delhi. It is unexpected calm and you can get a good sleep in big, clean rooms. Our room had an attached bathroom and we got towels (unfortunately dirty). The staff was generally friendly, we only had one little argument. We ordered food and thought there is a roof restaurant, but the food was brought from another shop. My dish was completely cold and the staff didn't want go give a discount. I got my discount and everybody was friendly later, again.
It is a very good option to stay, you are close to the metro and train station.
Be careful with all the tourist traps and the rickshaw driver who always want to bring you to shops!
The hotel can call you a cab for the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aniko K
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Hotel staff were very friendly and generally helpful.
Room and bathroom were reasonably clean. Bed was comfortable, sheets were clean.
Only negative thing is that we opted for a room with air con. It was set to one temperature (very cold) with a very noisey fan setting. The air con is directly next to your head when your in bed, making it impossible to have it in while you sleep. Hotel staffs solution was to turn it off if it annoys us and to use the fan. Not the type of answer you want when you pay an extra 400rupees per night for the luxury of AC.
Free Wifi worked well in our room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barlim
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is the best hotel i've stayed at in India! It's clean, has a really nice bed, movie-channels, wi-fi in the rooms, room-service, and really nice helpful staff. It's conveniently located close to the New Delhi trainstation, close to some good restaurants (fx sams bar), but on a side street so you don't get any noise from the main bazar.

It's a bit more expensive than what i've usually spend on hotels (700 rupees for a single room), but it is definitely worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Susanne J
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I have used this hotel for the last 4 years after luckily being introduced to it by some fellow backpackers.

Having tried other places in Pahr Ganj (foolishly!) because they put their prices up after being listed in the Lonely Planet I was hesitant to keep using them. Needless to say I have tried others and this still is the best I can find in Pahr Ganj.

For a solo female I find it safe most importantly and none of the staff ever cross that line where as other hotels I have stayed in they did.

Very friendly staff - great taxi service to the airport (350RS) - clean - good fast room service & good location.

Room Tip: As far as I know all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank almika
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We used this hotel twice during our time in India. Off the main street, it can be a little difficult to find. On the plus side this does mean that it is very quiet. This peace is something you need I think to truly enjoy Delhi. The staff were very helpful and the room service was great. We stayed in two different rooms, both identical. We were surprised by a few touches that you don't often see in the more budget options:

Big thick mattresses
Two pillows each
WIFI
A good working generator

I can't fault it really. Maybe the rooms were a little hot and the showers weren't fantastic. The area outside the hotel is a little smelly. With all this said, these are things you come to expect when you are working with a certain budget. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends