Hotel Aura
Hotel Elegance(New Delhi)
Woodland Deluxe(New Delhi)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Grand Godwin Hotel(New Delhi)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewstravel desknew delhi railway stationpaharganj areaexecutive roomthe hotel staffstreet noiseconnaught placehotel is situatedbudget hotelclean hotelbed sheetsmain bazaarfront officeindiataxijacuzziram
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This place was cheap, and in an ok location which is in its favour, though you'll still need to get a taxi to Connaught. I was provided with a windowless room which I complained about and was told in no uncertain terms by the hotel staff was all I was going to get.

The room was basic, but ok, I booked through a corporate travel agent who had a room inventory (presumably provided by the hotel) that promised all kinds of fanciful things including fax machines in every room. You do not get a fax machine, I didn't even have a window. You can make local calls but not international ones so it isn't really suitable for business travellers who dont 'want to use their mobiles.

It looks nicer from the website than it is, fixtures and fittings are wearing, random electrical wires hang down from poorly installed lights in the bathroom and so forth.

Hot water is intermittent at best. They seem to turn it on until about mid morning and then you're out of luck.

Service is indifferent. Attempting to get an iron from the staff was a total fiasco that took over an hour one night and involved me having to stand over them at the front desk after I got fed up of them telling me "five minutes". When the iron did arrive it smeared black gunk over my shirts. Not good enough when you're tired after a very long day at work and just want to get your head down.

At one point the handle to my bathroom door fell off, rendering it unopenable. Fortunately I was on the outside, eventually they had to shoulder it open.

There is an average restaurant on the roof.

The Do Not Disturb sign has little meaning to them and they will bang on your door repeatedly and then phone you to complain, if you have it out when they want to get in. I found this very frustrating when I was trying to get some sleep in the afternoon when I had just touched down after a 9 hour flight.

In the end I thought I should get a "Please disturb me" sign as they would have more luck doing that.

I would not stay here again as a business traveller, if you're a tourist and want somewhere ok and inexpensive, and arent expecting much in the way of service or hot water, then it would probably be ok.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank ruggedtoast
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This hotel is Good but can do better. Service was Perfect but need changes in Management.
Value of Money is quite good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank silvia s
Reviewed 25 January 2012

This is the second times I stayed this hotel. I can't believe all the people remember me and still give us the best services. The location of hotel for traveling or business is very convenient!! All the people are very nice and friendly. Thanks for your services. Love you guys!!!!

Wish can visit India soon, and will choose the same "Top" star hotel. :)

Happy New Year!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank Tanyachang
Reviewed 21 January 2012

For Delhi this is a clean and tidy hotel although we felt it was some what over priced. We cant really say much bad about the hotel, although don't use there tour services as it will cost yo 5 times what it should and its not a good experience. The drivers they use are under paid so they will take you to restaurants that they earn commission on. These places are back street tourist restaurants, they serve terrible food, so if you go to them then prepare for Delhi belly! The English spoken drivers speak very little English and they will also take you to as many temples, forts and tourist shops which again get them commission for taking you there. Also the emporiums and shops are over priced too. In my opinion you are best to find a good driver on the street as they are less likely to rip you off.

Room Tip: Use a popular travel book for recomendation
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KevinBirminghamuk
sales_aurahotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Aura, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for your post at TripAdvisor, your valuable comments helps us to improve and encourage our staff to provide the best service. It’s a lovely comment for us that you found our hotel neat and clean, but we shocked to know that you are unhappy from our travel service. You had booked your trip with us during you first visit and you found it best price as it includes the airport arrival and departure transfer with many services. We have provided you the 3 Star hotels in each city and your trip includes a traditional Rajasthani Dinner and elephant Safari. We have also collected the feedback after finishing your trip and you were happy. We have noted your point of Driver interest and we investigate it deeply with the driver to take a strong action. We regards all reviews in good light, but we regret about your point of charges, as you are a repeat guest to us and no one can charge extra from a repeat Guest.
We request you to please check all the tour details and we apologies for the driver behavior.

Thanks & regards,

Team, Hotel Aura

Reviewed 20 January 2012

The staff were very helpfull. We found our room to be very small so they changed for us but the airco did not work properly so we switched again. All was no problem though. The rooms are Ok. But even though this was the most expensive room we had in India it was not the best by far, but these are Delhi prices so maybe all in all good value. The street is not what you would expect seeing as there are a lot of hotels on it. It is more like an alleyway, very busy, but very interesting none the less. We had the best curry in the retaurant, but also the most expensive, but worth it.

The travel guy was very helpfull and could arrange anything you would like to do.

All in all a good stay.