New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Horrible... Misleading.. Avoid!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of T Home

T Home
We can't find prices for this accommodation
T Home
Ranked #711 of 1,064 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Horrible... Misleading.. Avoid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I visited this hotel a year ago but had to warn visitors to avoid... I booked this room on Asiarooms and was shocked when I visited the property.. It was hard to find since it was on a service road.. Its a house converted into a hotel...
The creepiness began immediately after I entered the hotel... I told them I had a reservation and I was alone.. He took me to the top floor... the top floor had all the makings of a bhoot bungalow.. There was a small room that has space only for a single bed.. I argued and said the rooms I saw on Asiarooms was different and I had booked a double room for single occupancy.. He said "Oh, ok.. we have a better room on the ground floor".. I saw the room and it was nowhere close to the pics shown on Asiarooms... I agreed since it was significantly better than the hole he had shown me earlier...
Then he asked me to pay much mroe than the price I had reserved it for on Asiarooms.. I threatened that I would complain to them... and he finally agreed to to the price I had on Asiarooms.. The rooms were horrible... service was worse... but the most discomforting part was that I never felt comfortable with the people around.. Anyone who tried so hard to cheat a customer will continue to make the customer uneasy all through.. It was cheating all through beginning with putting up fake pics of the rooms on the travel site to my visit there...
My worst experience at any hotel I have visited all my life...

Avoid at all costs unless you have read many recent reviews that suggest it has improved...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Travelenthu123
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Families
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

Unfortunately, this is a grossly misadvertised "hotel".

one word to sum up the stay: Scam

- "television" here was some random tv box that needed credits to view anything, which, when a random person came into our room to "fix" this, just ripped out the cables of one box and replaced it with another. This whole thing seemed like a joke at first.
- condition of hotel was dirty, smelled, disheveled
- individuals who "worked" or lived at the hotel were constantly looming in the hallway and outside our door, which made us feel VERY uncomfortable and unsafe
- a communal bathroom was directly next door and smelled awful, door swung wide open and was incredibly dirty. It would not have hurt the staff to close the door for the guests consideration.
- condition of room was worse:
> broken fixtures, broken tiles, stained walls (that could be cleaned with soap and water if the staff had tried)
> bathroom was disgusting with a dirty bucket of water that was half filled with stagnant water, sitting in the bathtub. Bathtub was WORSE. The floor of the tub was covered in hair and dirt. Air "filter" in the bathroom was noisy and covered in dirt and dust. The water,being heated using a solar panel, took 5 minutes to heat, and sadly, was scalding.
> The fridge contained two dirty old random containers, and smelled disgusting when opened.
> the phone did not work and when asked we were told it would work the next morning (which we discovered to be untrue), and were told to use the front desk phone. Oh, how nice? More on this later...

Upon our outrageously priced, "hotel" organized trip to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, we arrived back at our "hotel" and I refused to stay there another night.
At 10 pm at night, the phone was still not working in our room, and so we were told we could use the front desk phone.
All calls made were local calls, to the other actual hotels in Delhi, which, after 5 calls, we found one with a room available for us, who also sent us a taxi to pick us up, as I explained how dreadfully scared we were of our location.
Not only was the staff rude and giving us dirty looks as we chose to move to another hotel, but they wanted to charge us 60 rps for the phone calls!
After waiting, with awkward stares and very uncomfortable behaviour around us for 30 minutes, we were taken to the stunning and clean Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi, which was our saviour.

This "hotel" should be avoided at all costs, no safety, cleanliness or comfort at all.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank BlogBahar

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2009

Close to Hazrat Nizamuddin and Pragati Maidan, T Home is a silent hotel amidst residential area. This is a budget hotel - ideal for short stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
afghanistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

Overall a good hotel in a central location. It is very close to the Defence Colony (South Delhi) and a short rickshaw ride to Central Delhi. It was in a nice location and we felt very comfortable walking around. The staff were helpful and even planned out my day full of sightseeing and restaurants that I should visit. They staff even called around to make sure that places we wanted to visit were open and made reservations at restaurants. The room was not bad, not amazing but spacious and a fair price.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple