“Value for money”

Ranked #51 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Chennai
“Value for money”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Dont judge a book by its cover. This proverb applies perfectly to Hotel Hari Piroko.
We did not get a good impression when we entered the area where the hotel is located.The hotel is located in a market area and our cab driver found it very difficult to reach the hotel. Even the hotel view from outside and reception area was not so impressive. However, the rooms are really good and Bed, pillows & linen were clean. Bathroom was not so big but still we have no compliant overall considering the price we paid for the room. We had breakfast in the hotel which took much longer than expected. They almost took 35-40 minutes to serve. Also food taste was average.
'Ramkrishna marg' metro station is just 10 minutes walk from the hotel which proved to be very comfortable as we roamed around Delhi only by metro. Overall, this hotel is good place to stay for stay of one day or two.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have stayed in this hotel, and the service, as well as room was pathetic.
I booked this hotel from cleartrip. When checked in, saw the Room, and the Bathroom as under average. Though this hotel offered MiniBar, A/C, Internet, Newspaper and Refrigerator.
Well, the room didn't have internet. The Fridge wasn't working. A/C was not able to cool the room. There was no drinking water offered.

When I spoke to hotel staff about it, their response was - we don't offer Internet inside the room, it's only in the lobby area.
Fridge, was turned on only by the evening. A/C, never got fixed. Bathroom doors were not working, toilet was clean, but no functional hand-shower.
When I called up cleartrip the same day, to charge me for 1st day and cancel rest of my stay - they denied me on face saying "we can't cancel the stay once the guest is checked-in".

This kind of answer from Hotel staff/management & cleartrip awed me over and over.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in this hotel, there are better hotels in & around Karol bagh.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank vikassinha7
, Manager at Hotel Hari Piorko, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Valuable Guest
We are much thankful for your rating, which is given by you.
One thing is very important which we want indicate for the general intimation that most probably you have told to every body about our amenities, which we provide to our guest.
It seems that you punished us more than our fault, because in Paharganj and in this busy area, we stand at 45 foot wide road & at walking distance from New Delhi Rly. Station & Ram Krshn Mission Metro station you can not say so poor Location! But you rated us poor & in the same manner of rating of value! Our price are given on site, no bargain at all, we know we are in competition, our rates are accordingly but that is also poor, I do not know what you want to buy in this nominal expense.
Rooms! You booked probably Executive room & that is second best room of our Hotel it is covering more than 280 square foot area with best quality bed & other amenities! But you rated it also poor, surprising! Amazing rating scale!
We saw all our record during your stay, you do not complain to reception about your problem which you raise in the review. We have given special instruction to our reception to take special care of any complains of Guest.
Unfortunately there was technical fault in wi-fi & it took 2-3 hour to restore.
But it was not long term fault, I think you spent very less time in the room therefore you did not bear all amenities properly. As usual whenever Guest check out, room electric supply automatically gets off & refrigerator takes few time to resume it cool properly, but AC! It works immediately. If there was any problem you must inform to reception & I promise you would not face that alleged problem.
Please give us chance to serve you again, we will not make you disappoint.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed here twice in the last 1yr and I'm fully satisfied with my experience. The executive room is really nice for a couple which is looking for a romantic place to stay. The room is pretty clean and the service is also good. The staff are polite and friendly.The only area of improvement that i felt was the food. Though some of the items were good, a lot could be improved. My overall experience with this hotel is value for money or i would rather say more than what you pay for, good and decent place to stay in the otherwise crowded Paharganj area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 June 2012

First, hotels along Main bazaar cater for budget travellers. One should not expect a 5 star environment with the money spent. I stayed 3 nights in this hotel and I am satisfied with the services and also the room provided to me.
Main Bazaar is actually a long stretch of road; a road with many shops selling souveniours and food as well. However, it is polluted by dusty yellow dirt road, constant honking of tuk tuks and also rubbish.
Therefore, coming back to a cool and clean room is certaintly a relief from the chaotic street outside.
The room was generally clean with a fish tank. The aircon worked fine during my stays. Bathroom was also good with hot water. However, the water quality is only average as it is 'hard' water. My hair was practically glued even I used my hair shampoo that I brought along.
Generally, this hotel is worth the money that I paid. For a night sleep after being out the whole day, it is ok and a good choice. Since it is located near NDLS, it is a good point as well.
Wifi was not working in my room during the 1st night. However, the staff was very kind and assured that they see to it. Indeed, it was rectified the next day.
The restaurant also served good food and simple meal after a tiring day.
Staffs there were helpful in providing a great stay.
Mr De Souza is a really kind man at the counter who will provide advise in our needs in Delhi. Please look for him.
Also, please look for Mr Jitender Saini, he is the tour agent in the hotel who will arrange cars or tuk tuk for sight seeing.

Again, one should not equate this or any hotel in Pahar ganj with any 5 star hotel. We are all traveling with a budget and this hotel definately fulfill our basic needs
Rule in the house : We should voice or inform the reception if there are any complaint or doubts regarding the room or wifi on the spot. There is no use keeping issues to the heart and make the stay unhappy. The staffs there are very happy to hear our views and will address them the best they can.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank YikHin
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Hari Piorko Hotel is lovely. Great rooms, clean, nice bedding, comfy beds, great food in the cool restaurant, friendly and helpful staff, by far the best hotel we have stayed in during our two week holiday. Great value for money at Rs1500.

• Stayed June 2012