See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I got in contact with this place through Make My Trip, as I was travelling to India and wanted to visit Delhi to get to know it. This was recommended as a 3 star hotel, but it had a really good rating in Trip Advisor so I went for it. The hotel is pretty far from IGI, even though it's supposed to be near. The place is nice, it's huge and the bedrooms are really comfortable (the bathroom is really big). The people who are there are nice; the owner is the only one who speaks english and the other people just communicate with the owner if they need to speak in english (so expect some delays). They are really nice though. There's not much maintenance done (they don't clean up your room, and I was there for two days), the plug in for the cables, at least for my room, was short-circuiting a lot, and I was kind of scared. The tv is nice and the room is pretty comfortable, nicely decorated.

Now, having said that, this is not a hotel. It is a hostel, a place with many rooms, but not a hotel. It shouldn't be promoted as a hotel to foreigners, because we expect ther commodities from hotels, which this one did not have. The place is nice, but it's pretty costly (an ice-cream, two bananas and 1 soda were around 300 rupees) and it's far from the centre.

Room tip: The lower floors are pretty nice, very quiet. I got room 6, which had a really nice bathroom.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank superrodris
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The place is a huge bunglow which has been converted to a hotel. The rooms are very spacious. Bathrooms are also huge. Staff is very very cooperative. There is no specific menu that they have for food but you can ask the staff to make a dish and they would not decline your request.

Overall a very good experience.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tushar79
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a few days while doing some of our business in Delhi. The place is very nice. Rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. Hot water is also there! We also had 2-3 breakfasts in. They never really offered a menu, but everything was served, whatever we asked for. Like fruit, juices, omelet, sausages, coffee, masala tea, cornflakes, toast etc. Our stay in Delhi was quite busy so we had to be out most of the time. But we also had 2 nice dinners in and watched nice movies. They do have a variety of channels in different languages. As a person of non-Indian origin, I can say that their Butter Chicken and rotis were the best. Thank you, guys, for a nice stay!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Even though the place is set amidst a vast lush-green property in posh area of Delhi, it is in want of professional management. The rooms are huge and so are bathrooms. But the furnishings are old (not antique) and some need urgent repair. The rooms need fresh paint and linen is faded from overuse.

The caretaker was prompt in service. And the home-made food tasted wonderful. But it is too expensive (rates are as high as a 4-star restaurant). Also all items from menu are not available all the time.

The TV (20-year old) in my room was not working and the turn-down service was not provided on my second day of stay.

Even though I liked the place very much, I would never like to stay there again till the place goes through a major overhaul.

Room tip: Choose the royal suite with LCD TV and twin beds. Rest of the rooms do not have good furnishings. Do not stay more than couple of days as turn-down service is not great.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2012

had a one day visit to Delhi.. felt like second home amazing experience.. very calm dint feel a metro rushy stay.. beautifully maintained.. food was very fresh... great hospitality... Mr Sahney was wery helpfull.. thankx ti indiana vila to make the stay a pleasure..... a must visit...

Date of stay: August 2012