All reviews plunge pool aman hotel pankaj sharma bedroom suite tennis courts airport manager indian accent rooms are huge humayun's tomb amazing hotel an oasis of calm khan market modern hotel in room dining indian restaurant long flight spa
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Rooms, Service, Facilities, Food - all top class. In 2016 i have been in over 25 5-star hotels in the world but this one is the best. In this hotel you really feel good the moment you come in. No hassle with check in - you get the key, give them your passport and they do the check in while you are unpacking. i took the "smallest" room with plunge pool. It must have been 80m2, with sleeping - , living- and workingarea as well as big balcony with plung pool and bed. The room cleaning Staff was so pro-active that when they saw i have a lot of luggage they brought 10 extra hangers without me asking or knowing about it (again such a small thing which makes the difference.) The hotel buildings are big , so i thought the hotel has 300 rooms - but no, only 48 rooms and 20 serviced appartments. So you really get the feel to live in a small community with serviced appartments. The facilities where also great - great SPA area with very comfortable treatment rooms (jacuzzi, matras on the ground as well as massage bed with heating), sauna, warm and cold baths as well as a very nice pool, tenis courts and squash courts. All very comfortable, luxurious and boutique. I want to give special thanks to Soni from the service desk and Pankaj Sharma (Senior Airport Manager) for the outstanding service they delivered - they were so helpful when i lost my bag and solved the problem in such professional way -Thanks ! Overall, a great experience and nice retreat in such a hectic city. It was really a place i felt home and will come back to.

Room Tip: take the room with plunge pool - it is so relaxing sitting on the balcony and enjoy your pool
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
GMLODHI, General Manager at The Lodhi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

My team and I are humbled to receive your heartening review.

Positive reassurances by our discerning guests energize us to continue the tradition of weaving the signature Lodhi charm into their stays. It is a pleasure to read that our beautiful hotel also known as a ‘calm oasis’ in the vibrant city made it to the top of your preferred list and that you enjoyed our stately accommodations, award winning restaurants, with a selection of squash courts, tennis courts, a lap pool, a restorative spa and our exemplary services. My team works very hard to ensure no stone is unturned when it comes to offering a world class experience of food and beverage to our guests.

The entire team and I look forward to many more opportunities of welcoming you all back to your home away from home in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The exterior of the Hotel is austere and un inviting being a concrete construction.The interiors are modern Indian and really do not reflect the fact you staying on the sub continent which for us was a bit disappointing .
The suites are very spacious and beautifully laid out ,again modern Indian design with balcony and plunge pool which overlooks the gardens and outside seating area to one of the restaurants and a bland concrete block of serviced flats belonging to the hotel.
The facilities are great,50 meter pool, gym,tennis courts and great spa all faultless.
The breakfast restaurant is cold and soulless a shame the other restaurant is warm and interesting and partly surrounded by water.
The food was very nice in both venues and the serving staff charming,attentive and helpful.You get a warm caring feeling through out your stay
The servive was first rate through out at all levels from reception to drivers to house keeping serving staff and gym and pool staff fab
It is a modern hotel and if you are not looking for a heavy taste of Indian influences then this is ideal

Room Tip: The suites with the plunge pools
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clive L
GMLODHI, General Manager at The Lodhi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Clive L

Greetings from The Lodhi!

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. The Architect of the Hotel is the legendary Kerry Hill. Once you explore the unique setting you will find many light wells and many different levels making it a contemporary architectural marvel. Given our urban location, we are working on creating more subtle influences of India within the hotel and you can experience that in the motifs, linens, hospitality etc. We are aiming to be a contemporary interpretation of India, a stylishly confident India.

Thank you ever so much for your compliments for my colleagues and the service, I will certainly share your very encouraging feedback with them, who in turn will be elated.

We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming you back some day. If I may be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me on my email: vikram@thelodhi.com

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

Vikramaditya Singh
"Innkeeper"

Reviewed 13 March 2017

The Lodhi is the most beautiful, serene place in the middle of chaotic Delhi. From the moment we arrived, we felt like we were the only people in the hotel. The service was flawless. The room was gorgeous. The spa was fantastic. Every single person who works there is helpful, pleasant and meticulous. We visited a number of other hotels in Delhi and without exception, we were so grateful and happy to return to The Lodhi. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite facing toward the courtyard on a high floor. Quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
GMLODHI, General Manager at The Lodhi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Reviewed 13 March 2017

The pick-up at the airport that the hotel provided was excellent, very professional. The hotel has a very convenient location in Delhi. The staff were very good and we really enjoyed happy hour in the relaxing bar.

Our room, however, was a disappointment. Like the hotel's architecture, we found the room very austere, with no soft touches of any kind. Towels were grey and some of the tiling was badly chipped.

Breakfast was okay, rather than excellent, but the dining room itself again lacked soul.

Overall, we felt the hotel was built (not very well) on a grand scale, but lacked warmth and charm. This was the most expensive hotel on our five week trip to India.We felt it was way over-priced for what was on offer.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear RoRoBrisbane,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your experience with reference to your recent stay at The Lodhi.

At the outset, please accept our sincere apologies as it is seems you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. My colleagues and I dedicate ourselves to ensure each of our guests have a memorable stay, this was not the case for your stay and we profusely regret your dissatisfaction. I have taken up the points raised by you with the team and we will certainly address these issues.

I would however like to make good the inconveniences you endured and would welcome the privileged opportunity to connect with you on your email or on the phone and understand how and what we could have done better and address how we may make you for this visit. Please send me your email address or send me a telephone number I may call you on. My email address is vikram@thelodhi.com and mobile handset is +919873342567.

Once again our sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay and I look forward to connecting with you.

Vikramaditya Singh
"Innkeeper"

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Huge, beautiful and perfect, we couldn't have chosen a more blissful
hotel for the first nights of our India tour. Naresh was especially charming but the whole concierge and pool staff were excellent and when we had a problem out in Delhi one day took good care of us on our return. If ever we were in Delhi again we would definitely stay again. It's 6/7 star compared to some other '5 star' Delhi hotels, the facilities are exceptional.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple