Open today: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
2 week Rajasthan tour

I can not recommend AB Original tour’s enough. My wife and I did their 2week Rajasthan recently... read more

Reviewed 4 May 2020
coops_al
via mobile
Valley of kings rahjastan

Having only done one previous motorcycle tour i thought id try this one, but this time take my... read more

Reviewed 18 January 2020
DayTrip170761

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2019

What an experience. What an adventure. What memories.

My wife (Jan, 70 years) and I (David, 73 years) have just returned from “The Himalayan Grand” tour conducted by AB Original Tours over 3 weeks during July 2019.

There were 14 paying participants on the tour, plus a truly excellent group of AB Original support staff ranging from Atul himself (the tour owner), DheeRaj, his second-in-command and a wonderful, helpful group of half a dozen drivers and mechanics. Both planning and execution were faultless – from airport pickup upon arrival to airport dropoff on departure. Jan and I have never taken part in an event which was better executed – Atul’s 10 years of experience really shows.

I rode motorcycles as a young man then gave it all up during my middle years due to marriage, kids, house buying, career etc. Then I bought another motorcycle about 10 years ago and got back into it. My main riding was on bitumen but, in preparation for this Himalaya trip, I did a solo 9000 km ride through central Australia (Oodnadatta and Birdsville Tracks etc) late last year. However, it rapidly became apparent that I was by far the slowest and least experienced rider on this Himalaya tour. But the really rewarding thing was that this was simply accepted by both the other participants and the tour organisers. I rode tail-end-Charlie most days, at my own pace, with a support vehicle following. Jan rode pillion when the road was OK and the weather was fine. Under less favourable conditions, she rode comfortably in a support vehicle.

Some of the roads were nice smooth bitumen but there was an awful lot of rough dirt, rock, mud, water and unprotected 1000 ft dropoffs. Never in my life had I riden in such adverse conditions. But I made it – the whole way. The other guys were fantastic – instead of ribbing me I got encouragement and practical advice. My off road riding and confidence improved day by day. I learnt so much by following some of the really experienced riders – I have never seen a motorcycle riden with such skill and courage as some of those guys displayed. One chap, Gary from USA, was an inspiration to me – he was 72 years old, fit, friendly and a superb motorcyclist – twice the motorcyclist that I am.

I fell off 5 times and two of these times required spare parts for the motorcycle (I was riding a Royal Enfield Classic 500 – the majority rode Himalayas). These were instantly available from the spare parts vehicle and I was back on the road within 10 minutes in each case.

At the end of the tour I was exhausted. But the bottom line is: Jan and I made it, all the way. What an adventure. What an experience. What vistas. What mountains. What soaring cliffs.

A true adventure is exciting in the planning stage, damn hard work at time of execution, then rewarding and satisfying in retrospect. Jan and I will look back on this experience for the rest of our lives – with satisfaction.

And please accept this as a 100% endorsement for Atul and AB Original Tours – Jan and I are filled with respect for their organisation and helpfulness.

We live in Bicheno, Tasmania, Australia. It you would like to chat to us at any time about our experience, please call me on +61417913345 or Jan on +61407366692.

Cheers, David and Jan Jenkinson

Date of experience: July 2019
Atul_Bhardwaj, Owner at AB Original Motorcycle Adventures Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2019

Thank you so much for the excellent review. Thanks specially for your mention of the crew, they love their job and were more than glad to be of help whenever required. It was a pleasure to have you on the tour and I look forward to seeing you again soon. regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2019

I’ve just got back from the August 2019 circuit and cannot agree more with the other review by Michael which describes perfectly how professionally this trip is conducted.
The beauty of this operation is that it is run with very close backup by extremely skilled mechanics, the bikes are in good order and the advice and briefings are obviously based on many years of experience. The head guide is a local who not only knows how to get things done but is a great guy who makes it all interesting and fun. I’ve done a few trips in my lifetime but this was one for the poolroom. I repeat what was said by Michael ....... just do it.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you so much for the excellent review. It was a pleasure to have you on the tour and I look forward to seeing you again soon. regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

Have just returned from a fantastic trip by these guys

From prompt return emails before trip started to detailed explanation where to be picked up from airport,everything thing worked seamlessly
We had a mixture of extreme riding to more moderate with always the majesty of the Himalayas as an incredible backdrop
A mixture of lovely mid end lodges to very basic camps.
Atul gives back to his community with donations to needy schools which was very heartwarming
I couldn’t recommend them more highly and suggest anyone contemplating this trip use these guys with excellent backup from the drivers and mechanics and of course the guides being knowledgeable and able to answer the many questions that they got
Just GOOO

Date of experience: July 2019

Reviewed 11 June 2019

myself and a friend travel by motorcycle in India every couple of years but decided to go with AB Original Himalayan tours because of the complications relating to permits etc for this area, this was the best decision ever, Atul and his team are great, if your going to tour India do it with an Indian company and you couldn't get better than these guys. Trustworthy and reliable to the extreme, follow their recommendations and you wont go wrong. there is nothing I can say than book this tour company you wont regret it. The Himalayan ride is a little tough as the roads can be rough so if your a novice rider go on the Rajasthan tour is also an inspiring part of India but the roads are easier, be honest with Atul and trust his advise, youl love it. Ray NZ

Date of experience: August 2018

Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

If you ever wanted to visit India and you love motorcycles, AB Original Tours are the guys for you.

They will take care of every detail from the first class accommodation, the best of Indian food and everything in between, leaving you free to enjoy riding the back roads and hill country of Kerala.

The classic Royal Enfield 500 is simply the best way to experience the sights, sounds and smells of Indian villiage life. The riding is challenging, exhilarating and somehow safe, as Indian road users all swim along together, like fish in a river.

The riding stages are well paced with much needed rest days between the long legs when interesting tours take in the local culture and sights.

Atul is not only totally prepared and completely across every little thing, he is very personable with stories, breifings and commentary filling in all the intetesting trivia along the way. He brings everyone along with games and competitions that moulded our group into a happy, hilarious crew of new friends.

The tour team also included a mechanic, driver and backup man whose motto, "relax and I will fix it" took care of luggage, engine tweaking and any problem you might encounter.

I loved being a Royal Enfield guy in India and next time hope to sign up for the Rajasthan tour with my wife, daughter and her partner.

Thankyou Atul and team.