“Poor location and mediocre facilties”

Delhi Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Delhi Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #435 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Poor location and mediocre facilties”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I do not know if the other reviewers stayed at the same place we stayed. We found the facilities were mediocre, poor location and inattentive management. the only positive I can say is that it had wi-fi internet. We planned to stay longer but bailed out after one night.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank khuran2mk
AngadTalwar, Owner at Delhi Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Hi,
I do not believe you stayed at our property :) We do not even have a management, this is a family run homestay in Delhi and everybody in the family takes care of the guests, we can be anything but inattentive to our guests. We haven't had a booking reduced from a longer stay so this review was probably intended for a different property. We wish you would've stayed with us, your trip would've been so much more better :)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I cant praise the Caravan homestay enough. I stayed for over three weeks in June 2010 whilst doing some charity work. I had never stayed at a homestay before, usually preferring five star hotels! But I found it to be one of the best travel experiences I have ever had.

The family made me feel so welcome that by the time I left, I really felt like I was leaving home! They give you great tips on what to do and see in Delhi and great local advice you would not find in guide books. I even got to experience the local temples which the Mum (Charu) took me to herself, it was a fantastic experience and highly recommended.

The house is really comfortable and homely and very clean, the rooms are spacious all with ensuites. There is also a great home theatre to watch bollywood films on. The food was to die for; if it's authentic Indian food you are after, you will not do better anywhere in Delhi.

I also fell in love with Google their beautiful little dog, as does everyone!

So, I would like to say a huge thank you to Rakesh and Charu, Angad, Pavni and Hari, and of course Google, for a wonderful stay. I really recommend people try this experience.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Shaesy
West Midlands
Reviewed 14 June 2010

i enjoyed a stay here with my parents and daughter. We were attending a family wedding and then being atourist seeing Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. The Homestay is a real gem. Lovely family including the delightful Google, the family pet dog. The accommodation was comfortable, clean and well decorated. The meals were lovley. We could have what we wanted whenever we wanted !! The recommendations for trips, eateries, shopping, etc... were very informative and accurate without any pushiness. The Talwar family organised our trip to Agra and Jaipur and the hotels were well chosen, especially the one in Agra - just awesome !! The taxi drivers were friendly enough and ensured our safety at all times. When we revisit we shall stay here again and would have no hesitation recommending them !

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank savWestMidlands
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay. The knowledgeable family go out of their way to make your stay in their home as fun and enjoyable as possible, leaving you alone to do your own thing when you want to whilst at the same time offering to introduce you to a side of life in India that you just won't see staying in a regular hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious with a fridge stocked daily with drinking water and other drinks. There's also a table tennis table on the balcony which I lost several games on :)

The homecooked food was varied and delicious and the driver who collected me from the airport and the train station when i returned there later on in my trip was both courteous and efficient.

The centre of the City is only about 25mins away on the Metro, the local station being a couple of minutes walk away. This makes it an ideal place to get used to adjusting to Delhi life before venturing out in the madness of the busy city centre to see the wonderful sites.

This was the first place I stayed in India, and the nicest. A perfect introduction to Indian life from a kind and friendly family.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank sugardrum
singapore
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We had a pleasant stay in the caravan house. delhi was very cold at the time we arrived, and their room heaters, hot water, and the tea that they served provided much comfort versus the harsh delhi environment outside. the t&b was very clean, the beds were warm and comfortable. The family is also very hospitable (talked to us during breakfast, was attentive about the things we need) and the food is good. The owner lent us his internet connection.

the decoration of the room was also very nice and they had good books on their shelves. very homey and very comfortable. their tv was clear and had cable. its the small things that convince you if your money worth it.

What i didn't like about the experience was that the trip to Agra that they outsourced to a cab driver. The trip to agra was a very big head ache - the cab driver was a reckless driver (imagine 4 hours of tiny earth quakes), he spoke very minimal english, we were thrown to arguing tourist guides and placed in the middle of a fight about who will take us (english tour guide that they said they will provide is actually someone the driver will get onsite agra). Good thing the taj was AMAZING so that made up for the bad trip we experienced going from delhi to agra and back. My suggestion is you find a tourist guide that specializes on giving you a comfortable tour to agra.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends