“The worst hotel attended in 20 years of travel”
Review of Hotel Good Times

Hotel Good Times
Ranked #273 of 1,082 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Udine, Italy
“The worst hotel attended in 20 years of travel”
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I booked this hotel by e-mail on 4th march 2011 The response was timely: the price offered was 2,390 Rs more Rs 629 of Luxury tax . They also sent me photos of beautiful rooms in a hotel that was not theirs.
Just arrived outside the hotel we realized that it was a deception. The hotel is located in a street in a rundown quarter. Upon check in they asked us for an advance of Rs 2000. The first room we visited on the ground floor near the counter recepion was indecent, with a sliding glass door that separated the poor bed from a dirty bathroom. We asked to change rooms. They gave us the n°201 on the second floor which was a little bit best about the room but the bathroom was dirtier than the worst hotel photographed the site Trip Advisor. Looking on the ground we found tufts of hair mixed with dust and a trunk cewing gum. I refused to take a shower at that dirt on the bed and we used a cloth bag. Breakfast was served on the roof in an environment where hygiene did not even know what it was. The kitchen was dirty and saw the food and the environment, we decided not to eat to avoid getting sick the first day of travel.
When I got home I sent several e-mail asking for explanations of why the photos on the website and what they had sent me by e-mail was different from reality, but nobody answered me. I recommend everyone not to go to this hotel !!!!!

Room Tip: To change hotel quikly
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FrankyeB
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We stayed in this hotel as part of a group tour of Northern India. The rooms are pretty appalling - old plumbing, worn out wall coverings, general decrepit appearance. We actually stayed twice - at the beginning and end of the tour. Our second room had no window, as is the case with most of the rooms. The beds were not luxurious but reasonably comfortable.

But we had such a nice time here I cannot give it an overall poor rating. The rooftop terrace was quite comfortable and relaxing. The lobby is comfortable to sit in. And the service was excellent. I no sooner checked in when the ice-cold beer and water I ordered on the suggestion of the "bell boy" were in my room. The hotel supplied us with a guide to take us through the neighborhood and local market - with only the cost of a relatively minimal tip.

• Stayed November 2010
Iowa
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Hotel is dirty and in need of many repairs and updates. Some rooms did not have cold water. Many do not have windows. Have to unplug the TV to find a usuable outlet. It was located within a few blocks of the metro and within a few blocks of a small shopping area. The only other good thing I can think of was that it had free internet.

• Stayed November 2010

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

London
Reviewed 15 September 2010

This hotel is dreadful, do not be fooled by the nice looking reception area! Our room was smelly (I think they have a serious damp/mould problem), and when we complained they just sprayed a bit of air freshener, which lasted for about 5 minutes. The TV throbed and the air con didn't work. We ran out of toilet paper, and it required all sorts of effort to try and get some more provided. There was no hot water and the light in the bathroom didn't work. Whenever staff came into the room they hung about for ages, trying to get a tip, not seeming to understand that you won't get a tip when the service is dreadful! The location is near to the metro but otherwise miles from anywhere, better off staying in Connaught Place or Pahar Ranj. It was the worst place I stayed in India, but also the most expensive. I stayed in one place which was a sixth of the price which was far better!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I had booked a tour package for the golden triangle trip and the hotel stay was included, I had chosen the 4 star pack. Trust me this hotel is no star!!! The moment we entered, there was a rat running in the lobby, the room we were given was reeking of something yuck, then, we got shifted to another room, the wash basin had hair in it, disgusting! I refused to even sit on the beds coz the linen looked very dirty. The staff are very impolite and for everything liitle thing asked from them, they want a tip! I called the tour operator to shift me to a 5 star, and left the horrid place in 2 hours. Thankfully, I enjoyed my stay at the Metropolitan at Connaught Place.

• Stayed January 2010