Hotel Waves
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
US$ 320
US$ 275
Agoda.com
All reviewsnear airportto catch early morning flightdelhi aerocityroom was cleanhotel taxihigher sidebasic amenitiesconvenient locationshort staynice hotelfood qualitythe ground floorbuffet breakfastmetro stationwashroomhospitality
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We wanted a hotel near the airport, because we had a 24h stopover in Delhi. We had only short time so we visited Connaught Place for some shopping. Now when I think about it later, it would've been more convenient to take a hotel near that area instead of staying near the airport, because we had to take a taxi both ways anyway.

Well, the hotel itself isn't too special. Yes, it's very nicely located near airport, but it means you still need a taxi to go to airport. I think it's 2-3 kilometers away from the hotel. The taxi driver had problems finding the hotel, so he had to call the hotel to ask where it exactly is. The room was OK and clean, however it was VERY NOISY! We were put on the 1st floor right next to the reception. If I hadn't had my earbuds with me, I wouldn't have had any sleep that night. The guys talk through the night loud outside the room!

If you are a good sleeper, and want to sleep near the airport, then this is the place for you, but don't stay more than one night! There must be better options available.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2010

We stayed for a day on our way back from Bareilly to Chennai for a night since our flight to chennai was the next day morning.
The hotel is good, in terms of location, service, food, etc.
But the drawbacks are no lift (they have 3 floors)
Also hotels in this area do not have a parking space.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2010

After my very short experience with The Alpine Tree Hotel in Delhi, India which is a part of the same group as this hotel (Lohias) they put me in the Wave hotel. Same musty stench as the Alpine Tree in the reception area as well as the room. The room was OK but the bathroom was sub standard with a plastic bucket and jug in the shower. They say you get what you pay for which is true but this was not acceptable. My suggestion when making bbokings for 3 star hotels in India is to be very carefull as what is advertised on the boking sites is not what you get at the hotels.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2010

This is like those lodges near railway stations which you take up for a couple of hours to move on to another destination. It doesnt look very safe. Not very clean, really basic stuff. Things are not in order and tacky. The staff is largely helpful, but when in Delhi you feel skeptical about that too. However we had no problems with the staff personally. No kitchen within the hotel, though I think I wouldn't have ordered anything there myself. The biggest asset for this hotel and all such hotels in Mahipalpur area is the proximity to the domestic airport which comes handy for red-eye flights in transit.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2010

This was one of the worst hotels that we stayed in India. The hotel is situated in a main road & flyover so the traffic noise & horn is constant. The a/c draws in the polluted, smokey, burned plastic outside air that when you finally manage to fall asleep you wake in the night with your lungs begging for mercy. Breakfast is buffet style in the hallway (yes the hallway!) of the reception. We couldn't tell you what it consisted of as we left as soon as we could.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple