New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #83 of 703 Hotels in New Delhi
j'burg
“Home from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband and 3 of his family spent a lovely few days in Megha. Aman made my mother in law feel at home and was very helpful in terms of assisting with our onward travel plans and transport. He has some fantastic drivers, especially Ram who is a star and a brilliant driver. The property is in a nice quiet part of town and we were also able to use the metro which is really nearby. Rooms are lovely and clean and the staff do all they can to make you feel like one of the family. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank vereeniging1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
Chippenham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Megha Homestay was our first port of call in India. Having never been to India before, we weren't sure what a homestay might be like. It's only after staying in others that we realised the it wasn't quite as welcoming as you might like. Aman is a nice man who is very helpful but is often not there. The food in the evenings however was delicious and the rooms clean. It's in a nice neighbourhood but just lacking that warmth and open armed welcome of other Indian homestays. A satisfactory stay nonetheless.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lakygirl
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Had a great stay in Megha in december last year.
Aman is a very helpful man, and he knows many good ways to form a personal tour with private guide if nessary.
And don´t forget to eat at Megha. Great kitchen!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Apollo

4 Thank Stefan0wich
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed for a couple of days in December 2011 and January 2012; it is situated in a nice and quiet neighborhood across the street of a park. The owner and the staff are very helpful and will do everything they can to make you feel at home. The rooms (I had three) are nice and clean and the food is good. I had to ask for a cover sheet which they provided me promptly. Morning breakfast conversation with other guests at the dining table was quit enjoyable; I met nice people from all over the world including my own country, Canada. Last but not least, Aman, the owner, helped me planned my entire trip to India since I did not have time before leaving; he made all the arrangements for the hotels and the transportation.

Perfection does not exist in our world but overall, I had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank CharlesSTH
Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at Megha Homestay on Feb 21, 2012. Words cannot express the genuine hospitality of Aman, his lovely Family, and the employees there. I have never visited India before. I am well traveled and was a flight attendant for about 4 years. I have stayed in many different hotels.
The service and hospitality that i received surpasses any that i have ever experienced. I wanted to by sari's. The very first morning Aman arranged for his driver and daughter to take me shopping. His daughter, Megha, treated me as a sister. She watched carefully and let me know when the shop keepers were trying to cheat me. She watched as the shopkeepers totalled my purchases. We went and got donuts and moo moos in the market and had a fabulous time!
The next day I went to Agra. On the way the driver, Sandeep helped me work on my hindi language skills. He entrusted me to a guide to tour the Taj. I felt very safe. He stopped for toilet breaks and food. His driving skills are nothing less than amazing. On the way back to Delhi, I fell asleep in the car. I always felt very safe and well cared for. Ali, the guide of the Taj was very well informed and attentive to my every movement and need. The crowd is large and he navigated us thru it with great skill.
Sonia, Aman's wife took me to get my blouses made at the tailor shop. Auntie took me first but all of the shops were booked, as it is marriage season. Auntie took me to get petticoats for my sari's. She was very, very, kind to me. She also listened to me read a book aloud in hindi while in the common room. Sonia watched attentively as the tailor cut the blouses from the sari material, with the watchfulness of a mother hawk.
Mandira is the chef in the kitchen. She prepares amazing food. She has a warm smile that welcomes you. You cannot sit for more than 30 seconds before she is offering you a hot, tasty drink! I also sat in the kitchen and watched her shell peas. She made me feel very welcomed.
There is another young man. I am sorry to say i don't remember his name. The very first morning my cell phone would not charge. Turns out, Aman ji, figured out the charger was bad. The young man charged my dead battery in his phone and gave me his charged battery.
Megha homestay is a family. It is not just a guest house or hotel. If you want to stay somewhere that you do not get even the smallest hint of "homesickness", or longing for your own home, this is the place to be. If you want people to care, this is where to go. They charge money, yes, because they have a family to care for. Any negitive remarks you have read from other reviews, DISREGARD IMMEDIATELY!
I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms off of the lobby are not soundproof, but honestly, what is the big deal. You have a balcony that is absolutely to die for, and a lovely park just across where you can see children playing cricket, and adults walking in the park.
This is a must see! Thank you Aman, Sonia, Megha, Sandeep, Mandira,Auntie and the other young gentleman for making my stay more than memorable! I will see you in a year with my daughters. I will recommend you to my sister who is coming to Delhi very soon with her friends.

Room Tip: Any Room of the Homestay is well appointed.