“Nice and welcoming!”

and 1 more site!
Megha Homestay
Ranked #96 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed for a couple of days in December 2011 and January 2012; it is situated in a nice and quiet neighborhood across the street of a park. The owner and the staff are very helpful and will do everything they can to make you feel at home. The rooms (I had three) are nice and clean and the food is good. I had to ask for a cover sheet which they provided me promptly. Morning breakfast conversation with other guests at the dining table was quit enjoyable; I met nice people from all over the world including my own country, Canada. Last but not least, Aman, the owner, helped me planned my entire trip to India since I did not have time before leaving; he made all the arrangements for the hotels and the transportation.

Perfection does not exist in our world but overall, I had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank CharlesSTH

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at Megha Homestay on Feb 21, 2012. Words cannot express the genuine hospitality of Aman, his lovely Family, and the employees there. I have never visited India before. I am well traveled and was a flight attendant for about 4 years. I have stayed in many different hotels.
The service and hospitality that i received surpasses any that i have ever experienced. I wanted to by sari's. The very first morning Aman arranged for his driver and daughter to take me shopping. His daughter, Megha, treated me as a sister. She watched carefully and let me know when the shop keepers were trying to cheat me. She watched as the shopkeepers totalled my purchases. We went and got donuts and moo moos in the market and had a fabulous time!
The next day I went to Agra. On the way the driver, Sandeep helped me work on my hindi language skills. He entrusted me to a guide to tour the Taj. I felt very safe. He stopped for toilet breaks and food. His driving skills are nothing less than amazing. On the way back to Delhi, I fell asleep in the car. I always felt very safe and well cared for. Ali, the guide of the Taj was very well informed and attentive to my every movement and need. The crowd is large and he navigated us thru it with great skill.
Sonia, Aman's wife took me to get my blouses made at the tailor shop. Auntie took me first but all of the shops were booked, as it is marriage season. Auntie took me to get petticoats for my sari's. She was very, very, kind to me. She also listened to me read a book aloud in hindi while in the common room. Sonia watched attentively as the tailor cut the blouses from the sari material, with the watchfulness of a mother hawk.
Mandira is the chef in the kitchen. She prepares amazing food. She has a warm smile that welcomes you. You cannot sit for more than 30 seconds before she is offering you a hot, tasty drink! I also sat in the kitchen and watched her shell peas. She made me feel very welcomed.
There is another young man. I am sorry to say i don't remember his name. The very first morning my cell phone would not charge. Turns out, Aman ji, figured out the charger was bad. The young man charged my dead battery in his phone and gave me his charged battery.
Megha homestay is a family. It is not just a guest house or hotel. If you want to stay somewhere that you do not get even the smallest hint of "homesickness", or longing for your own home, this is the place to be. If you want people to care, this is where to go. They charge money, yes, because they have a family to care for. Any negitive remarks you have read from other reviews, DISREGARD IMMEDIATELY!
I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms off of the lobby are not soundproof, but honestly, what is the big deal. You have a balcony that is absolutely to die for, and a lovely park just across where you can see children playing cricket, and adults walking in the park.
This is a must see! Thank you Aman, Sonia, Megha, Sandeep, Mandira,Auntie and the other young gentleman for making my stay more than memorable! I will see you in a year with my daughters. I will recommend you to my sister who is coming to Delhi very soon with her friends.

Room Tip: Any Room of the Homestay is well appointed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The place is really cozy and our room was really nice. The masala chai in the morning was always a great start to our mornings. Aman, the manager, does everything he can to take care of you. He gave us his card to call him in case we came across any problems while traveling throughout the rest of India. We ended up needed his help when we ran into some hotel trouble in Goa. Aman came to the rescue and helped us find accommodations in an even better hotel. We owe him so much for all his genuine help and hospitality. I highly recommended Megha Homestay! <3

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank purpleisafruit02
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We have been in India for 3 months now staying mostly at homestays and we would not classify this as a homestay. The places we have stayed are warm and inviting and the proprietors are in it because they love people and are proud of their cities. Megha Homestay was by far the most we have spent on a homestay and we found it lacking in warmth - the room was cold and other than the girl making breakfast, nobody else seemed to care about us. They seemed tired of running a homestay, and did things like play the television very loud right outside our room (even though we asked them to turn it down), spoke in very loud voices at 5 am when other guests were leaving). It seemed like they were in it only for the money, and we did not really enjoy our stay, nor did we feel that there was a family that lived in the home. Aman seemed to not be there a lot and if we needed something he was called on the phone and showed up later. The location was good, the neighbourhood was quiet and safe and the breakfast was average - eggs, toast, tea, oranges and bananas in a bowl.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the ground floor - very noisy!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed for a couple of days in December. The rooms are basic, but comfortable. The owner is very helpful and will do everything he can to make you feel at home! Homestay is close to the metro station. Unfortunately there is nothing to do in this quiet neighborhood.
Thank you Aman! We had a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple