Thikana
  • Pool
US$ 180
US$ 167
Agoda.com
The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$ 130
US$ 97
US$ 107
US$ 85
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amax Inn(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$ 21
US$ 18
  • Restaurant
All reviewsatul and sheetalother guestsroof terracehome away from homedining tableguest housecommon areas arebed and breakfasthome staybusy citywonderful staylong flighthostsindiadriverhomestaycomfort
Reviewed 19 February 2012

All the reviews submitted were without a doubt very accurate.....it is hard to find anything to say about Thikanadelhi ...it's host and staff that has not been said.....we were there for two days from Barbados and had a to do list without any expectations of the B&B....turns out it was also a highlight to our stay in Delhi....very personal and warm experience!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Last month, a friend and I embarked on a 2.5 week around India. We started our trip in Delhi and arrived after two long flights in the early morning hours. I arranged for a driver ahead of time through Atul who was waiting for us with placard at the arrival gate. Despite the late arrival time, the night guard was friendly and helped us check-in quickly. The rest of our stay was equally wonderful. The included breakfast offered many choices and was delicious and timely. Our room (with two twin beds) was clean and equipped with standard amenities. The bathroom was modern and also very clean. Everything from start to finish, including reservations over email and other communication, was simple, professional and without any problem. The house is located on the corner of a main road and there is some noise from the road, but nothing that a pair of ear plugs can't help you avoid. The location in South Delhi is a bit removed from the normal tourist spots , but the lovely Delhi metro is a quick 10 minute walk away or there are taxis and tuk tuks nearby to take you anywhere you want to go.

Many thanks to Atul, Sheetal and the staff! I would most certainly stay again and recommend Thikana to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annalea R
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had an amazing time at Thikana Homestay! Atul and his wife were extremely friendly from the moment we arrived, and treated us like family. The rooms are spacious and clean and the bathroom is spotless. I have zero complaints about this hotel. Breakfast was included and was great as well. When you stay here, you get a sense that you belong, and you will instantly make friends with other guests as well as the employees of Thikana.

5 stars out of 5!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Thikana Delhi is a warm and comfortable home that was perfect for my first few nights in India. The rooms are very clean, the bathrooms are modern, and community dining table conducive of conversation with other world travelers. Sheetal & Atul are wonderful hosts who have an amazing staff with customer service as their main focus. Sightseeing advice was offered and taxis were arranged to ensure I made the most of my stay in Delhi (although I discovered the Metro on my last day and was impressed with its cleanliness and convenience). They even allowed me to store my luggage for a full day before my evening flight back to the USA.

If you are visiting Delhi, you should give Thikana a try. It feels as comfortable as home. I wish Atul, Sheetal, and staff much continued success with family, friends, and business.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RnrMark
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I must start by saying the staff were great and tried hard but really it was not the place for us. Whilst cosy and it is nice to meet other travellers we (family of 2 adults 3 kids) didnt really enjoy our stay. When we did have hot water it ran out quickly due to only 35litre capacity. The rest of the time the fuse kept shorting and we had no hot water. Meals (other than breakfast) were a hassle as we had to order home delivery. It was very noisy (now I know Delhi is Noisy but some of the bedrooms on the street are really bad with no sounproofing at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family