“I wish I lived there!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 1,049 New Delhi B&B and Inns
South Orange County, CA
“I wish I lived there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

As a woman traveling alone, I specifically chose a B & B in Delhi because I felt I would be safer in a smaller accommodation where the management would keep an eye out for me. Thikana was able to take my reservation with little notice. I'M SO HAPPY I was able to stay there.

I emailed Atul several times prior to my arrival and he always answered my questions promptly. I arrived in the evening after a long flight from the USA and was greeted by Atul and his staff who treated me like family. Atul arranged a meal to be delivered and a bottle of wine promptly and I was invited to the patio to join the other guests. My room was beautiful and the huge, hot shower felt so good. Delhi is a noisy city but I slept like a baby in a comfortable bed. The next morning, I joined many other guests from all corners of the world for breakfast and I got many recommendations for things to do. Atul arranged a private car to show me the sights for the entire day. After a long day, I joined Atul on the rooftop patio for a beer. He really does treat his guests like family. He also arranged a trip back to the airport to pick up a friend. His rooftop is a little oasis in the middle of a crazy, noisy city. Sadly, we had to leave Delhi really early the next morning and his staff packed us a breakfast for the trip to Ahmdebad Staying at Thikana was like staying at a almost luxurious hotel but very homey. It has 4 floors that are available to all guests at any time. The rooms are spotless and the staff accommodates any request quickly and with a smile. Later in my India trip, I did have to return to Delhi unexpectedly and sadly, Thikana was full. I would not hesitate to recommend Thikana to anyone traveling to Delhi and I hope I will be able to return there one day. It is the place to stay in Delhi. Thank you to Atul, his family and his staff.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

All the reviews submitted were without a doubt very accurate.....it is hard to find anything to say about Thikanadelhi ...it's host and staff that has not been said.....we were there for two days from Barbados and had a to do list without any expectations of the B&B....turns out it was also a highlight to our stay in Delhi....very personal and warm experience!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Last month, a friend and I embarked on a 2.5 week around India. We started our trip in Delhi and arrived after two long flights in the early morning hours. I arranged for a driver ahead of time through Atul who was waiting for us with placard at the arrival gate. Despite the late arrival time, the night guard was friendly and helped us check-in quickly. The rest of our stay was equally wonderful. The included breakfast offered many choices and was delicious and timely. Our room (with two twin beds) was clean and equipped with standard amenities. The bathroom was modern and also very clean. Everything from start to finish, including reservations over email and other communication, was simple, professional and without any problem. The house is located on the corner of a main road and there is some noise from the road, but nothing that a pair of ear plugs can't help you avoid. The location in South Delhi is a bit removed from the normal tourist spots , but the lovely Delhi metro is a quick 10 minute walk away or there are taxis and tuk tuks nearby to take you anywhere you want to go.

Many thanks to Atul, Sheetal and the staff! I would most certainly stay again and recommend Thikana to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annalea R
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had an amazing time at Thikana Homestay! Atul and his wife were extremely friendly from the moment we arrived, and treated us like family. The rooms are spacious and clean and the bathroom is spotless. I have zero complaints about this hotel. Breakfast was included and was great as well. When you stay here, you get a sense that you belong, and you will instantly make friends with other guests as well as the employees of Thikana.

5 stars out of 5!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Thikana Delhi is a warm and comfortable home that was perfect for my first few nights in India. The rooms are very clean, the bathrooms are modern, and community dining table conducive of conversation with other world travelers. Sheetal & Atul are wonderful hosts who have an amazing staff with customer service as their main focus. Sightseeing advice was offered and taxis were arranged to ensure I made the most of my stay in Delhi (although I discovered the Metro on my last day and was impressed with its cleanliness and convenience). They even allowed me to store my luggage for a full day before my evening flight back to the USA.

If you are visiting Delhi, you should give Thikana a try. It feels as comfortable as home. I wish Atul, Sheetal, and staff much continued success with family, friends, and business.

Stayed January 2012, travelled solo