All reviews humayun's tomb quiet home khan market b and b quiet street clean rooms each morning nice breakfast his team perfect stay hot water nizamuddin delhi taxis guesthouse
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I arrived at this B&B on 05Oct18 at midday. The Manager together with my agent showed me to my room on the 2nd floor which I found to be very nice. I left my luggage in the room and my handbag on the bed, and went downstairs to see my Agent off. When I went back to my room a few mins. later I found that someone had opened my handbag and two purses containing USD, Euros and INR were missing, and when I turned round I found these on the floor next to my suitcase. There was money in them but I was so shocked at first and then relieved at recovering the purses, and as I had to leave within a few mins. on a tour, I did not count the money and unfortunately I did not report it straight away as I had to leave on a tour within the next few mins. The next day I left to Amritsar and in the hotel there I counted the money and there was a considerable amount missing. I reported it to my Agent in Delhi, he contacted the Manager but he denied any responsiblity as he said I had not locked the door (only eight rooms and no guests there as it was midday) when he was the one that had showed me to the room and came downstairs with me seeing that the door was unlocked, saying that his staff had been a long time wotking there and implying that I was lying. I also sent him an email but he never answered. It must have been one of the staff who did it as it all happened within a few mins, that is why the wallets were on the floor. The place could be very nice, but beware of your belongings in spite of being a small place, where you think you could feel at home. I would not recommend this B&B for his reason and the Manager seems not to care about his guests. He was totally indifferent and refused to investigate. Even if I would have reported this straight away, he would have denied everything saying that perhaps I placed the wallets on the floor myself, and how could I prove it ??? He had everything to gain and I had everything to lose !!! UP TO YOU TO CONTINUE RECOMMENDING THIS B&B!! Badly managed.

Room tip: Rooms ok, staff unreliable and unfriendly. . Someone stole my money!
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
G49BednBreakfast, Manager at G - 49 Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

When the complaint was made by the guest to the management, she said that the purses were lying on the floor with the money alongside them. They may have simply fallen out of her handbag. You would normally spend a couple of minutes to make sure everything was fine when such an incidence occurs - she didn’t! she did not even think it is important to check the same evening when she came back and actually only sent a complaint through her travel agent 3 days later.
We have a lockable drawer in all rooms and valuables can be kept there. There is a key to the room, which can also be kept locked. Yes, midday most guests are out of the property and this is the time the rooms are cleaned. This is normal in all BnBs.
All our house staff have been with us for many years and we have never had a guest complaint about money being stolen. Typically also, when the guests are having breakfast/meals all our staff are downstairs in the kitchen and not in the guest’s rooms.
We did speak to all our staff, they do not work individually, and at no stage was there anything that made us feel that money had actually been taken off the bag.
As to the comment about “even if I had reported this straightaway he would have denied everything’, we wish it had been reported immediately. It is always easier to find where the problem lies at the same moment and to actually ‘find’ ‘stolen’ money 3 days later is well nigh impossible.
We are very concerned about reviews like this and we do take our staff to task when we have them. We are always trying to improve our service to the guests.

Thanks
Deepak Thakur

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Deepak and his team were very helpful and organised much more than our accomodation for us, everything was good value, they accommodated our bikes, organised transport to Dharamshala to start our biking trip in the Himalayas and sorted airport transfers. We really liked this hotel and found it a nice experience staying in a real Delhi neighbourhood rather than a westerners enclave.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Megan H
G49BednBreakfast, Manager at G - 49 Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear Ma'am,
It was a pleasure serving you!
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so kind to us.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I really like this hotel. The rooms are nice, it's quiet, its close to Khan market and central Delhi. I have recommended it to many colleagues before.

The only problem is the phone connectivity is quite bad so its really hard to make call or books taxis on your phone. I have had this problem in the Hyatt too, so it's not just this place, but it was bad there. The watchman can organize a local taxi (kala pila) and I suppose that's the best option, even if its a little more.

Room tip: the rooms on the second floor are cheaper and smaller, but it's a bit of a climb up the stairs.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank Anna S

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Very clean Large rooms rooms good shower and wifi Nice dining room with a veranda to sit out and have breakfast lovely location within easy driving distance to most monuments the Lodi hotel is very close as also Humayun’s tomb nizamuddin dargah kareem’s restaurant and Lutyen’s Delhi. The manager will arrange taxis and anything else you would require highly recommended. Good breakfast

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank ista660

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Nice quiet leafy residential neighbourhood large rooms very clean bathrooms obliging staff good breakfast. Close to shopping and nizamuddin dargah. Khan

market is close by taxis are easily available. Highly recommended

Date of stay: May 2018