“Nothing except Rooms is good.”

The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place
Ranked #95 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai
“Nothing except Rooms is good.”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed at the Sarovar Muse - New Delhi for a couple of nights in December, 2010. My experience was terrible. Rooms are undoubtedly good, comforting but the reception isn't all that great, looks very ordinary, especially after day sets. When I was about to check out at 5 am, encountered a fault in the bill and asked these guys to rectify. Instead of apologizing, they held my luggage and didn't budge from their decision. I was running late to catch a flight, hence didn't have the time to fight over the discrepancy but these guys at the reception weren't courteous at all. I had a tough time that early morning. Won't recommend anyone (especially single women traveler) going for this property. I also remember, it was quite cold when I had checked into the room and the AC temperature was not optimum, despite several calls to the reception, they still didn't make it apt to sleep. It was freezing.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Anjali K K
musegm, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Mam,

We thank you for taking out your valuable time for the feedback. I on behalf of my team apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay and specially during the check out.

We acknowledge the same and have improved our service specially at the reception. The front office team has been on a rigorous training ever since.

The Muse Sarovar Portico team look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Delhi. I would be available on my handset at all times for any assistance that you may require.

Phone: +919910047683
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Business Trip
Background: Client booked this place for us. Stayed for 5 nights.

Stayed at the Sarovar Group of Hotels for the first time and was very pleased with the experience. It was a positive experience.

Plus: Conveniently located on the main road at Chirag Delhi. Rooms are spacious with good quality toiletries. Food is generally of good quality especially the a la carte menu. The breakfast spread is not large but covers all the basic elements. Wi-fi is available on a chargeable basis with convenient buckets such as 1 hour usage, 4 hour usage and 8 hour usage. We could however access the lobby wi-fi for free. However, am not sure whether it is intentionally free or otherwise. Surprise is the chocolates as part of the turn-down service in the rooms.

Minus: Laundry service is very good and therefore also expensive. Also, the access from the car park is not very conducive for people who want to wheel in their luggage or who are confined to wheel-chairs. There is a ramp but is hidden away that most people do not notice it upfront.

The minus are very limited and can ignored considering the overall positive aspects.

The Muse was a surprise find for me. I shall look out for other Sarovar properties in other places as well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Siliguri, India
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I went To this hotel with my fiancée last year, and my experience was horrible. This hotel is not at all for family purpose, kinda business-purpose hotel. The hotel is situated out of the main town. The staffs were a bit extra helpful(thats a bit weired). The service boy was constantly looking at my fiancée, and the desk boy even sent a friend request to her in orkut.
Breakfast was not upto the mark. Food is expensive and they always forced us to take their hotel taxi which was really expensive.
I will never go to that hotel ever again....i also will not recommended anyone one to go that weired hotel( keep away especially women)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shayaan_Feer
musegm, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear Sir,

I sincerely apologize to have not being able to meet up to your expectations.

We have taken your feedback very strongly and i am sure you will find a marked change in your next visit to the hotel.

However i would request you to treat this as an isolated event and not the usual practice of the hotel.

We look forward to having you again with us.

The Muse Sarovar Portico
New Delhi
+919910047683
Romania
Reviewed 5 February 2011

The appearance of the hotel is quite nice, but the staff in the Reception is not always helpful.
I had a very bad experience with another hotel in New Delhi before moving here. I've specifically asked for a warm room, but when I arrived to the hotel, they gave me a fridge room. I was with an Indian colleague that can confirm my saying as she was also shocked to discover that they didn't prepare the room before my coming. Btw, I was in New Delhi during the coldest 2 nights in the last 42 years... I've asked for changing the room, even to a smaller one, but to be warm inside. The reception guys refused us twice, until I've also discovered that the toilet was falling on me... This hotel has big ambitions, but if the owner doesn't change some of the Receptionists, he will suffer soon. The cleaning service was also not the best, at least for 2 days, but in the last day they made me a nice surprise and it seems that my problems were finally reported to the manager. However, I'm not going to recommend this hotel, as again I suffered for not being enough warm in the room (although they also brought a heater) and I didn't like the services in restaurant for breakfast. the fact that my towel was not changed although I left it on the floor, etc. Just a simple thought...maybe they should hire women for housekeeping...I've only seen men in this role...

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank CrisabRomania
Dear Mam,

I sincerely apologize to have not being able to meet up to your expectations.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services at all times.

The Muse Sarovar Portico
New Delhi
+919910047683
hisar
Reviewed 5 January 2011

very convenient location . a comfortable hotel built on a small plot . staff was friendly . breakfast (the only service we availed) was enjoyable . intrnet service needs to improve and that holds good for most of the hotels as they tend to over- over charge for this (basic) service .

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business