“Ok for 1-2 nights but check the room first!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Hotel Rak International
Ranked #577 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Germany
“Ok for 1-2 nights but check the room first!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed in two different rooms in this hostel. The first one was horrible, the mold was falling down from the ceiling onto the toilet seat, it was gross. We asked and were promised a different room for the next day but had to go down to the reception ourselves when we saw that another room had become free, they did not offer it to us by themselves, so if we had not seen it they would have just given it to someone else.

Anyway, that second room was decent, it had a big window towards the quiet street so mold was not an issue in this room. The beds were ok, pretty comfortable and no bugs.

The reception staff organized a private driver to Taj Mahal for 3,500 Rupies for the whole day, which we thought was a fair price for a car that actually had seatbelts in the back and a driver that did a good job. (However: if you plan to go there, rather take the train, we got stuck in traffic and it took us about 2-3 times as long as by train).

So all in all, definitely not the best hostel I ever stayed at, but these are hard to come by in Delhi… it’s ok for 1-2 nights if you just need a place to sleep and check the room for mold before you move in.

Room Tip: look at the room before moving in and check for mold. The bigger the window and air circulation the...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Hello

Thanks u so much for ur precious review trust me it really motivates us for improvement and I am so sorry about the first room(As I seriously aware of this situation ) that was given to u mam actually the thing is us u'v arrived during peak season and just because of that the hotel is full for all days and just because of that may be that fault was neglected anyways we worked on that fault immediately after leaving the room by u and it is fine now and in concern of another room it was very good and we already feel regret about it. And pls one ore thing any of our guest never complain about the insects as the hotel is very clean and we pay special attention about cockroaches, bed bugs, ants etc.

Best regards
Baljeet Chawla
(Owner)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wroclaw, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

We came to Delhi in the evening so we decided to choose one of the hotel recommended by LP guide and this was not very good idea. Room which we got was cheesy with small window but we were exhausted and we decided to stay. The real problem came later – noise. We had the room at ground floor near the reception and we hear all the voices. About 10pm service had always some kind of meeting I think and they didn’t talk normally but they always shouted.
Another thing that is annoying there is hot water. If you want to have hot water you have to ask each time to turn it on. Additionally staff sometimes forgets about it and you have to ask once again.
I think that you can find there better place for the same price. I don’t recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks u so much for ur precious review sir here I'd like to defend our team as u choose the room behind the reception it was completely ur wish as we gave the option to u and u choose the room with less price and in concern of noise after 10:00 p.m sir we provide 24 hrs check in so little bit noise is obvious and I hope u also believe that conversation is very important part of life specially when u r here to provide ur services any ways I am really sorry about this from my heart on behave of my team and myself.

And in concern of hot water sir again I'd like to put my point here and that is we gave u an individual geyser and it is I think happened in each and every budgeted hotel of world to hold the main power supply in hands of hotel staff for the sake of conservation of electricity otherwise the guests sometimes actually most of the time forget to close/ off the electricity appliance and resultant wastage of electricity or loss of the appliance but I think u must have noticed that we never refused to switch on the geyser.

So pls forgive us if u really find all this unsuitable for ur standard but we tried to gave all those infact more than that which we charged from u.

Best Regards
Baljeet

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Mussoorie, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

You won't wallow in luxury: but clean sheets, working fans, clean bathrooms, and a good kitchen make this a welcome stop. If you're looking to spend your time out in the city seeing sights and have a welcome place to return to once you're done - this is a perfect stop. I've stayed here twice (one with an air conditioned room, the other just with a fan) and the only wildlife that's come to visit has been a lizard--and that gecko was very happy to leave once he realised that there were neither roaches, ants, gnats, flies, spiders, or other such critters inside (which is a difference from a number of other stops!). The front desk staff is helpful, and the owner even helped get me something to darken my mehndi after it came out too pale - that's going above and beyond.

Room Tip: "AC" means Air Cooled - a fan. Ask for a room with air conditioner if you want one. Also...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maitreyi
Hello

Thank u for the review and I am sorry about the lizard I still personally remember that incident and I am sorry about that actually that was the coincidence I don't know from where that lizard came into the room even after we really pay special attention that no insect can be there in the room but anyways we r really sorry about it it and from than we put peacock feather in each and every room they help in keeping the lizards out from the room.

Regards
Baljeet
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Hi people, this hotel was one of my last in india, like many people travelling via train and really getting a good taste for indian culture and cusine, The Rak International is a must, the staff are so friendly, both me and my travel buddy and best mate Gaz spent the evens sat on the roof talking to Ram and the other guys who work there. All of them worked so hard to privde you with what ever you wanted at anytime of the day of night. The indian people are very warm and willing to help, I think the only problem is the euorpean travellers sometimes dont understand how to show repect when in another country. Hats off to the Rak international and all its staff and many thanks for my pleasent stay and fantastic food.. PS loved the horse raddish Ram! it was amazing!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank johncook14
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Thank you so much for the appreciation, trust me this motivate us and we try to serve much better than this.
Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

For India standards this is a good place, but is not excellent. They sell you the toilet paper, so it is a good idea to pack some in your back pack. This hotel is in the middle of Main Bazar. It is crowed, and noisy but the Rak is a little bit away from the Main street so you can rest. If you are looking for a cheaper place so can check in the Main Bazar and for sure you will find something. But maybe not as clean, and quiet.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Nancyboom
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Thank u so much for the precious review and thank so much too for putting the toilet paper point into the review as this activity of my staff is not into my knowledge but now I'll take care of it that they do not sell toilet paper as they are provided for free as a part of room service. We r really sorry about this.

Ur review is very beneficial for us so pls keep on reviewing.

Regards