“Half Day in Delhi”

Gyan Yatra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I currently work in Hyderabad. A co-worker and I traveled to Delhi for a week. We only had one "free" day to get to see Delhi. We thankfully found Himanshu on Trip Advisor. I would highly recommend him to friends and family. His English, demeanor, and attention to detail were all great.

I was appreciative that there was no pressure to go to any stands or vendors. It was simply about seeing Delhi and learning about India's history. It was a refreshing change of pace.

We started with camel ride near Yamuna river and headed to Akshardham Temple, one the biggest hindu temples in the world. After that we went to Raj Ghat, Gandhi's Memorial. Next we went to Feroz Shah Kotla and saw people praying to genies. Our final stop was Old fort/Purana Qila.

All reviews
"guide"
in 11 reviews
"tourists"

Reviewed 19 December 2016

This was my second time going around parts of Delhi with guide Himanshu who accommodated and tailored the tour to my interests and budget. The really great thing about the tour was it felt like I have known him for a long time. His friendly demeanor and interesting stories will captivate you even after a few hours have passed!

I am normally a person who does not use too many guided tours throughout my 5+ years of travel. Having said that, I now find myself needing a Himanshu at every corner to paint a picture and provide the backstories of a particular place like he did! Hope to join again soon to continue the adventure!

Reviewed 23 September 2016

We went with Himanshu to take a walk around Delhi and, without knowing him before, immediately it felt like we were just having a nice time with a friend that showed us his beloved city.

What I liked the most of his city walk is that you really get the feeling that you are seeing and getting to know a part of Delhi and the Indian culture that you wouldn't be able to know with a typical tourist guide.

This tour is something genuine, try it and you will know why.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Himanshu from Gyan Yatra showed me around some lesser visited sights of Delhi, including Mehrauli archaeological park, feroz shah kotla and the raj ghat memorials. Had a fantastic day exploring (and eating some great South Indian food!) in areas that a tourist may not normally experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Our group's guide was Himanshu, who is very enthusiastic and dedicated to bringing visitors closer to what Delhi is about and where the city's heart beats.
We conquered Delhi by bicycle and then went to see a meeting point at the Yamuna river that is far off the tourists' beaten paths to see camels and elephants. As a closing event we came to see the change of Guard at the President's Palace and at India Gate.

I couldn't possibly think of a better choice of activity and organisation to discover Delhi and its surrounding through the lense of an insider than joining Himanshu on one of his tours. There was no question from our side that he couldn't answer, no background that he couldn't explain.

We surely wouldn't have discovered Old Delhi and the River Bank in the authentic and intimate way that we did if we hadn't had him.

I will recommend this as a must-do to any friend who is going to visit Delhi.