“Red Frog Beach Island Beach Jungle Paradise”

Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Wow! Just got back from an amazing 5 night stay that went too fast at Red Frog Beach Villas. It was our first trip to Bocas del Toro and we can't say enough about the villas and the area.

This part of Panama islands is very special. Red Frog Beach has over 1500 acres of property, beautiful beaches, a zipline, 2 restaurants, and each villa is very nice (to American standards).

Our villa #9 had amazing ocean and jungle views. Waking up to this view is a real treat every day on vacation. The beaches at Red Frog beach are just as equally stunning. Red Frog Beach is great but Turtle Beach by far was our favorite. The ocean waves were big and we walked about 1 mile down the beach where trees grow out straight to the ocean.

I can't say enough about the staff, food and experience that Red Frog gave us. The staff is friendly, warm and welcoming. Once we arrived a guy named Jermaine gave us the golf cart tour. We definitely recommend getting the golf cart because the distance from our villa was about a 5 minute golf cart ride. It was well worth it. The golf cart rides in themself are like an adventure as its a little bit of a downhill ride, but fun.

If you are an adventure seeker who wants nice beach and jungle, Red Frog offers one of the most unique and fun experiences.

We can't wait to go back and bring friends with us to show them how awesome Red Frog is.

-Definitely recommend nearby:

*The Zipline tour
*Do a snorkel trip
* Go to Zapatilla Cays islands - they are beautiful
* Go to Bocas Town and explore
* Go to Starfish Beach - the starfish are beautiful and we saw sting rays
* Go to Guari Guari in Bocas town for a unique 5 course dining experience for $25
* Get the chicken wings at Kayukos, they are amazing!
* Walk Turtle Beach
* Catch a sunset at the Red Frog Marina
* Go to the cave on Isla Colon that's on the way to Starfish Beach

I probably forgot other things but those are the big ones. We can't wait to come back to this place. The experience was so memorable and special!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We just had a great holiday in the villas of Red Frog Beach! The beaches were amazing, the zip line a blast,the villas very well appointed. We are a family of 5 , with older kids,(21 to 14) and we all enjoyed the vacation so much. Would love to return! Everyone we dealt with was very helpful as well.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I have been to Bocas del Toro 6 times. I now visit at least once a year. I believe my main reason for coming to this part of the world so often is its pure culture which is untarnished by commercialism. I love not being in a car, wearing shorts, sitting on the patio while it rains, hiking to the top of Isla Bostimentos for local brownies made from organic cacao, Caribbean water taxi's, watching the sun set while eating dinner in restaurants that don't have walls. I could go on and on!

I always stay at Red Frog beach which is on Isla Bostimentos. This beach resort is still in development mode but it never seems to bother me or my visit. Its so fun to see it change and improve on each visit to the resort. I have stayed in 3 different Villas and think Villa 13 is the best Villa completed. The view of the ocean from the patio is ext ordinary! You get the small view from the Infiniti edge plunge pool :)

There are many activities in the area to keep you busy. Many different beaches, hikes to private beaches and caves, tours of Cacao farms, Dolphin site-seeing, scuba diving & snorkeling, many excellent restaurants, etc...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malarchuck
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My boyfriend and I having this SUPER rest on Red Frog beach will never forget this place! And we will definitely come again next time! This INCREDIBLE place with the PERFECT balance of rest and activities cannot leave you cold-hearted! Once you are there you want to come again and again!..
Great modern villas are super comfortable and looking through them we chose this ideal one (Villa 13 what is really the luckiest!). You feel like at HOME (having everything you can need and even more) and ... once you leave your villa you are a part of NATURE hanging out in these unbelievably awesome jungles! I am sure you will enjoy picturesque view in any part of the island (either inside villa where we for example had huge windows and our swimming-pool was right on the edge of hill (!!!) or outside where you are surrounded by Beauty of our Mother-earth!). Indescribable impression! Adorable nature... Really great Red Frog and Tortilla beaches... Hiking... Zip lines... Horse riding... Bout tours... Interesting nearby areas.. We also were at Dolphin "zone" enjoying their "hanging out" in the water... visiting a Cacao farm and - for those who like chocolate - can visit this family who cook awesome chocolate Brownie and truffles prepared with organic cacao beans! :) Besides all the food is great! And there not only service itself but that people are naturally super kind, open-minded and nice!
Oh men! I can write a lot! Really adorable land!...
If you want to have UNFORGETTABLE impressions from your rest then Red Frog beach is the place what you have to visit! Believe me - it is REALLY worth it! :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Our kids were 8 and 10 when we visited Red Frog. I can honestly say that they will fondly remember this vacation forever. It was a great adventure. From the plane ride to Bocas, the boat ride to Bastimientos, Zip Lining, Snorkeling, and truly enjoying nature with very little human interference, my kids would go back any day. We've ziplined before and Red Frog's line is world class. The staff was so friendly and made us all feel so comfortable. My favorite days were the day we went snorkeling and finished up at Zapatillo island -- so beautiful the picture of the kids made it to our Holiday card this year (and we travel a lot!). The overall value is fantastic. You get a lot for your money. The villas are absolutely fabulous - a great place to "go home to" after a full day of activities. My only heads up is that this is an adventure type vacation... but if you're headed out that way, I'm assuming that's what you're looking for. We'll definitely go back

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
16.6 km away
Popa Paradise Beach Resort
7.0 km away
Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort

Been to Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK