All reviews the main street the hotel offers clean towels place to stay laundry service water bocas tours danny hammocks boats
Reviewed 23 December 2017

My wife and I stayed there for five nights. Had a great time. Not too busy, not too helpful, but ok. We enjoyed the breakfasts and the the views. Hot water, working wifi. All in all, ok, but not more. We like it simple as this.We stayed october 2016

Room tip: Try one to the east
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Everything worked, lots of hot water, a/c could give you icicles it worked so well, good beds and quiet at night. Staff were helpful, friendly and just kind to everyone...they made my stay great. Breakfast was exceptional and a must.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We reserved a suite for the weekend but when we showed up, they said the suite was no longer available. The lady asked us to follow-up the next day but because we asked too late in the following date, they gave the suite to someone else. First come first serve? There was no note of this during our reservation process! Argh :(

With that said, the staff is friendly and our room was clean enough and tidy. Cleanliness is A- but the free breakfast and seaside location made for a reasonable experience.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The hotel is a lovely hotel, and the rooms are spacious, bathroom has a decent shower.

There are hammocks to relax on (only 2) in the dining / bar area right over the water so if lucky enough to get into one enjoy the views!

The hotel offers a great onsite laundry service - fill a bag to the top and its only $10 per wash - bargain!

The only thing i would say about the hotel is it's location - fine if you want to get to the hotel from the airport quickly you can technically walk to it from the airport it's that close, BUT and this is the issue especially for single travelers or females - at night a corner close to the hotel is rife with guys trying to sell drugs - they seemed harmless but that was only because we were escorted home by a friend, i don't want to think what hassle we may have got if we walked home two girls alone after 10pm. Even our friend said he walked a different way back to his hotel so as not to encounter the sellers.

Room tip: Good rooms upstairs and spacious
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Linzi0677
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 6 days at Hotel Olas and was happy with my stay. I was in room 15, a suite with the street view and it was simple but comfortable, and clean. The TV with satellite worked fine and was a large flatscreen. The AC worked very well. Too well in fact, I had to turn it off or raise the temperature at night. The furnishings were basic but it was exactly what I expected in this area and it felt fine to me. More importantly, there was a comfortable and clean bed, a fridge, and hot water. Although I do understand previous reviewers' concerns about the shower head with wires coming out of it...that needs to get upgraded.

There is free breakfast in the morning and it was fine. I think the days I went early were the busiest times but I got my meals quickly most days except the morning it was packed but hey I'm on vacation! I can wait a few minutes overlooking the water and checking emails.

It is not right in town but a comfortable 3 or 4 blocks walk. Although I felt it was quiet in the evenings, the neighbors nearby, the music, all of it is a part of the experience being here in Panama. Go out, meet new people. I met interesting and friendly people on my walks as a solo traveler and found everyone to be respectful.

Last, I want to commend the professionalism and helpfulness of Danny, the manager/owner (?) of the hotel. From immediate responses via email before arriving to help with tours and recommendations in town, to accommodating an extremely early check out, he made sure my needs were taken care of but is also just a very nice person.

Thank you Danny and the staff at Hotel Olas!

Date of stay: July 2017