All reviews the main street the hotel offers clean towels place to stay laundry service water bocas tours danny hammocks boats
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Bocas in general seems to have lower standards than in the rest of Panama. Probably because there are tourists all year round. We gave Olas a chance as it was less expensive than hotels on the Main Street. The room on the top floor was not dirty but didn't look (and smell) clean. While brushing our teeth, my girlfriend saw a bug on the bed and found another one in the bed frame. We told the receptionist and he gave us a bigger and better room downstairs where, according to him, had never been bedbugs before. We cancelled the rest of the stay and got our money back for it. The guy didn't seem too impressed though. Judging from his reaction we don't think the hotel takes the bug problems seriously. So we say avoid!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Danny S, Manager at Hotel Olas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hello, I am the guy and manager of the hotel who took care of this issue for you immediately. We do care for our guests and of course it is not acceptable for you to find bedbugs in the place where you're gonna sleep. So to give you better comfort and peace of mind not only I gave you a suite in another floor but also gave you a refund as you mentioned. Taking care of the problem and guests is my priority and I think I addressed it in the most beneficial way for you to be happy with the outcome and therefore don't think it is fair to judge my reaction and say I didn't take this problem seriously. Your partner seemed more understanding and happy with the room I provided. We clean the rooms daily with appropriate products and also fumigate monthly to prevent cases like this. However, during high season busy periods many travelers come and go and sometimes they bring bedbugs with them in their backpacks from their other trips in hostels etc. So it is likely that this was the case as you only found one single bedbug in the room and a couple had checked out from that room after spending 3 nights with no problems. After your check out we looked further carefully and found no new bedbugs and still fumigated that room just in case. Rest assured we are taking care of problems seriously in the hotel, so enjoy the rest of your trip and thanks for your feedback! :)

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel Ola's has aome mixed reviews online but we though we would take a chance and it was a bad one.

Hotel looks nice from outside and the check In was reasonable.

Mattress is lumpy and about 5 years past its date. Shower has a electric circulating head to heat water and it didn't work the water was stone cold and the head around 5+ years old again needing replaced and really dissapointing after a day snorkeling and at the beach. There is no safe in the room which I was advised there was on a telephone call.

The AC is wall mounted but noisey and needs services with the knob not working properly.

I decided to leave my partner and come down stairs for a drink whilst she took her time getting ready. I sat at the bar and noticed the check in girl sat with another friend nearby. I waited about 5 minutes then had to Interrupt there conversation to ask if I coukd be served to be told "The bar is not open" I asked why and was told "can't you see nobody is working"

7.45 pm on a Thursday night and well I'm pissed firstly I am in a hotel with a bar as advertised and secondly I am a patron who should be spoken to properly.

Disgusting don't give a crap service and I am a world travelled person and this rates worse service I have experienced.

If you like service with a smile don't stay here, if you like a warm shower don't stay here, if you need your items safe in your room don't stay here

Just don't stay here

Dissapointed and leaving tomorrow

Will make sure every network including booking where we scheduled and social media are aware of this joke.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rossa642
Reviewed 29 April 2017

The hotel is off the Main Street and in a quieter area but it is still within walking distance of all of the amenities. The staff was friendly and accommodating and organized a water taxi for a day excursion. The room was very basic but it had a great shower, airconditioning, and it was very clean. There was also a great ocean view!

Room tip: The hotel only accepts cash so have American dollars available!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed with this hotel, both customer service and overall experience. Stay elsewhere in Bocas, there are many great Oceanside options.

My negative experience was as follows: After booking directly with the hotel three months prior, and paying for my first night, upon arrival there was no record of my reservation. I arrived well after check-in time. Luckily I had a print out of the email correspondence confirming the room and that I had paid for one of three nights in advance. After more than 45 minutes of waiting a room key was given to me.

The Small room was not appropriate for three adults, two of them senior citizens. We were given a double bed and a mattress (with sheet) was leaning against the wall. We were expected to make our own bed once we were ready for sleeping. After mentioning to management our dissatisfaction they told nothing could be done nor would we get a discount. They also wouldn't help us make the bed just mentioned that everything was clean (it was). We stayed for one night as they wouldn't refund our money either.

Also. No one offered to help us with our luggage up the stairs. There were three staff members in the lobby and they were chatting with each other (rather than helping other guests). As I was traveling with two senior citizens I was very disappointed in how poorly we were treated.

Drinks (cocktails) are advertised in the lobby but other than beer nothing was available.

Breakfast the next morning was plentiful. And the view was beautiful.

But. Lots of choices for hotels in Bocas. Many with beautiful views.

I would not stay here again nor do I recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kattrins
Reviewed 30 January 2017

After reading some reviews I was getting concerned that I was made the wrong decision, but after staying here I was very impressed. The walls are a little thin so it could get noisy, but it is still one of the better hotels that I have stayed in. The view was incredible, the breakfast was delicious, and the wifi worked great. We had clean towels everyday, the water in the shower was very hot, and there was AC in the room. The hotel is an easy walk to the main street (nothing is far away in Bocas Town). I did not have any problems at all with this place.

Date of stay: January 2017