See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

This is nothing more than a few rooms upstairs at the back of a seedy bar. It felt more like a cell. Picture of my bed. Avoid Bocas. If something smells like a dump and looks like a dump then it is a dump.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2016

We were part of a tour group (standard level) with G Adventures. The room was clean. Our air conditioner did not work well but other tour members had excellent a/c in their rooms. We had hot water. The maids seemed to clean what they had time for. We were there over New Year's Eve, so the place was packed full. No mad service on one day, I guess they ran out of time before their shift was over. Wifi quality was varied, depending on how many people were on it, I think. Our room was at the end of the hall, far from the router, so service in the room was sketchy. The lobby had better wifi. The biggest problem we had was the restaurant next door. On two of the three nights they played very loud music with a bad DJ until 3:00am. The other night was fine. The location couldn't be better. This hotel is smack in the middle of Main Street with a grocery store on the first floor and saturates all around.

Room tip: Choose the side away from the restaurant next door, in case they play loud music.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2015 via mobile

Not expensive but very clean hotel with free wifi in the lobby. Very friendly Staff Members. Supermarket is directly at this hotel. It's located at the main street, so you have always short ways to everywhere you'll gonna go.

Date of stay: March 2015
1  Thank shawn_790
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

The hotel is located in the main street of isla colon, close to all restaurants and bars. Also 10 minutes walk from the airport! The room was not really clean, the sheets were stained. The staff were not informed about anything! 40$ a night was too much for this room.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I'm from the USA so I've stayed in all kinds of hotels in North America from Motel 6 & 8 to The Hilton. I've been living in Central America for 4 months. I was very happy to find this hotel and found the price of $30-40/night very reasonable. I was/am so tired of hostels!

My room was clean, the bed was a USA-style bed (ie, "real") and the bed & bath linens were clean, the A/C worked well and cooled the room to "cold" in under 2 hours in the evening. I had a private bathroom in my room. Finally! I also had a TV in my room that had The Discovery Channel in English with Spanish subtitles. Nice! The staff were very polite to me. There was a wardrobe/armoir where I could air out my clothes, a chair, and a desk. No alarm clock. I had to unplug the TV to plug in my cell phone charger.

While I was there, my bathroom did not have hot water as advertised and the TV's speakers were blown so I got a lot of static when the Discovery Channel had background music. However, it was so dang hot and so fun that I didn't mind the cold water or that speakers were blown.

Speaking of music, the village square has GREAT live, loud music from 10pm to 2am--at least on the weekends. But you can hear it from the hotel. If you're not planning to party till 2am and have issues sleeping through loud noise (like me) then I'd find a hotel that is much father away from the plaza. Otherwise, the hotel itself is quiet. But there's a grocery store across the street and a breakfast restaurant nextdoor and they get a lot of traffic early in the mornings. But in my experience, sleeping-in in Central America is impossible for Gringos.

By the way, there is a GREAT restaurant across the street that is owned by French Canadians. It's the BEST food I've had since I got to Central America. The prices were way cheaper than what I'd pay in the USA or Costa Rica for the SAME food and service. My server was a black/Caribbean, so he spoke English and Spanish. Me gusta. The owners are tri-lingual.

Room tip: During the Holidays (Nov, Dec, & Jan) and the summer, make reservations in advance. Ask for a room far from the main street and plaza. If you're looking at the hotel doors, that's the right-center.
Date of stay: October 2013