All reviews nice pool recommend staying here the air conditioning town mould tours
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

There are not many good hotels in Bocas del Toro. This hotel is OK with some issues. Wifi is poor, swimming pool good. Breakfast is very basic. Some rooms had termites during our stay. This is a building made of wood so you can expect some noise from you neighbors.
Overal ok hotel for a small island.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Staff were very good and so was the location .
However the bed was awful .It was very ,very old .It sagged in the middle and even when tou sat on it at the end you fell into the middle .
Beds are the most important part of a room .I would have been more comfortable on the floor .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

It’s all about the Pool - Swan’s Cay Hotel, Bocas del Toro

We specifically asked for accommodation with a pool when booking our Archipielango de Bocas del Toro tour from Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica. We did this despite knowing that the tour operator’s alternative option on the opposite side of Isla de Colon appeared more swanky. We specifically visited the Gran Hotel Bahia to inspect what we declined, to see what we were missing, and noted the charming wooden balconies and facade. Despite that, we did not regret our decision.

We were happy with an outdoor pool and lounge chairs to rest our weary bodies after playing in the surf and sand. It’s a good Caribbean life when moving from natural surroundings, playa to the man-made environment, pool. This pool is no Las Vegas extravaganza with multiple pool options (party, chill wading, lazy river, swim up bar), but it was well suited for a modest facility. It met our criteria.

The Swan Cay WIFI, to my annoyance never worked within our hotel room, but what really disgusted me was the bathroom light switch. There was a disgusting brown spot on the on/off toggle.

The hotel was undergoing renovations upon arrival. It appeared that a majority of the island retailers, restaurants, and accommodations were in the same frame of mind. I would assume that it was strategic to complete construction during the low season. It was a little annoying to walk past construction workers. I was the paying guest, yet I felt like I was interrupting. At one point, the water was turned off. Thankfully, it did not affect me directly, although other guests were asking to shower. I almost had a slipping mishap due to wet floors.

We were centrally located next to a large park with knotted expansive trees with long vines, touristy gift shops, and cute wooden clapboard restaurants.

I was delighted that Swan’s Cay Hotel offered breakfast (desayuno), but it was a let down. It offered a full buffet spread (fresh fruit, corn hash browns, wieners in tomato sauce, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cereal) with tea, coffee, and juice on the first morning. It was a good mixture of food offerings, but I felt the caliber was a down-grade to reduce costs. For example, the coffee tasted similar to instant and the juice was a crystalline mixture rather than fresh. On the second day, the waiter served us. We had to pick our specific entree. He offered cheese, ham, or vegetarian. I asked for a vegetarian omelette and received ham. My friend requested cheese, but was also served ham.

Overall, I was happy with my accommodation. Perfectly sized pool with a charming courtyard, great location, air conditioning, and even a LCD tv. If there had not been a pool I would have written a very different review.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

First time in Bocas Town and was happy with our stay at swans cay. Rooms are nice, fresh towels, and bedding everyday.

They are doing some pretty major updating in the hotel now so it is only going to be nicer! Have to give a shout out to Greivin at the front desk!! He went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed during our stay. If we needed directions, help with anything in the hotel he was their. He is so much help! Thanks again.

We will definitely be coming back next time in Bocas.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Last weekend I stayed with friends in The Swan's Cay hotel. I really enjoyed my stay.
Especially the guy who opened the door for me when I left the hotel and came back again. He was really good at his job. Very welcoming!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends