Sometimes being a captive audience can have its drawbacks, but in this "Small Luxury Hotels of the World" eco property, you are made to feel that you are one of the family.
Initially, as we arrived when the property was fully booked, our first impression did not convey this. However after one night, we were upgraded to a Forest Suite, where we woke each day to the calls of the peacocks and a view of one of the wonders of the world!
In this relatively new property of 28 bungalows set over either water, paddy field, marsh or in the forest , Management have worked with the local community to offer traineeships to youngsters to begin their hospitality careers. It's all about sustainability. There is a charming and informative Naturalist on site and the personalised tour is well worth the early wake up call!
Food & Beverage under the competent management of Roshan Sugathadasa, is an experience at each sitting. We celebrated an anniversary while there and every effort was made to make it as special and romantic as possible. We were made feel like royalty!
There is a beautiful spa managed by Dr Dinesh Edirisinghe who consulted and defined your body and best treatment program for your stay (we had a 3 day program) and the the magic hands of Chamini his assistant and his team worked on every tired muscle!
Overall a wonderful experience! The only slight inconvenience is transport within the site. There are two golf buggies with very friendly drivers, but when the property is full you may have to wait some time for your pick-up.
On departure we were farewelled by Mr Eashan Pathirana the Assistant Manager and other members of the Executive team and staff. After only 3 days. we felt as though we were leaving our second home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Infused with eco friendly, sustainable modern design, Jetwing Vil Uyana is nestled deep in the heart of the island paradise of Sri Lanka incorporating five main ecological zones from forests to marshes. It is a retreat perfect for tranquility seekers or for those who wish to be close to the island’s rich array of flora and fauna. The challenge of introducing a wetland system on reclaimed agricultural lands provides the unique backdrop for this exciting property. A strong ‘back to nature’ theme pervades your every moment at Jetwing Vil Uyana and the uniqueness of the experience is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Prestigia so you can book your Jetwing Vil Uyana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Hotel Sigiriya