We needed a large house for our family that was secluded but easy to reach.
We found a beautiful wooden house with views over the Knuckles Mountains and Victoria Lake it was love at first sight the kids could spread their wings in the grounds if I did not want to cook we just went up to the restaurant that had great sri lankan food.
The house is basic but very clean with housekeeping everyday.
The staff are friendly and unobtrusive.
We could relax wonderful
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
This spot is a breathtaking place. The views from all parts of the property are gorgeous and you will constantly see birds, butterflies, and other animals. Enjoy your Sri Lanka vacation by staying in this house, or one of the smaller villas on the property. You will be treated extremely well by Jeyakumar and Shamarla, and all the other staff. They are kind, patient, caring, and hospitable. The house does come with a basic kitchen, but we suggest letting Shamarla do all the cooking for you! Wonderful Sri Lankan meals with plenty of food. She will do her best to mix in items that children will enjoy as well. Michael, the owner, is easy to work with and very helpful, whether he is there at the time or back home and corresponding via email.
A few tips to know while staying there:
- 4 hours from airport, so be ready for more road travel upon arrival.
- Because it's up in the hills, getting to local attractions will take 1+ hours due to the roads and driving in Sri Lanka. They will arrange drivers for you each day, and make sure to check about the price so you have rupees ready.
- If you have kids, bring toys/books/etc... for the long car rides to places.
- The house is a traditional Srk Lankan open air house, meaning there are gaps between the walls and roof, as well as above windows. The house is in great shape, but don't be surprised by this upon arrival.
- If you have picky eaters (kids), bring some simple things that they will eat that you can make in the house or have as snacks. You can find a pretty good range of food items in Sri Lanka, but it is limited (example: we couldn't find peanut butter).
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|