1,030 results
All reviews sri lanka recommend this hotel beautiful hotel swimming pool breakfast buffet nice pool restaurant staff special thanks view from the balcony great view pleasant stay visiting kandy stayed here for one night regency poolside greenery valley
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Really lovely hotel with great staff. Room was clean and well decorated, with a balcony. Food was great - breakfast was a buffet with a wide range of choices and efficient service. Dinner options included Sri Lankan and western dishes. Particularly enjoyed the Saturday night BBQ. Spa was great.

Location is outside of Kandy in the hills. Very beautiful setting.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Leila A, Manager at Earl's Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your time at our hotel, specially the culinary experience and the spa treatments.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I would not Rate this as a Luxury Hotel. Pictures depict a different story.
We had booked the Standard Rooms and only realized when we reached that they have about 10 Rooms in the Basement below Parking level with a dead vibe and very little light. They should not put up anyone here!

The Rooms in the main building had a better view and experience I am certain. Pool, Bar and the Food is Average.

For Luxury, please choose another Hotel. This is more like a Budget Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kunal M
Leila A, Manager at Earl's Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

Please note that the standard room you received was located separately from the main building and we regret that your room expectations were not met during your stay in 2017.

However, these standard rooms are not allocated for guests anymore and many improvements have taken place since your last visit. Shall your plans bring you back to Kandy in the future, we assure you a better experience next time.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I tried to check in at 15:05 and the front desk informed me that the room is not ready, they made me wait 15 minutes as they were doing a quality check. After this so called quality check, I found the room not cleaned, old / used sheets with stains, broken equipment, and a clogged bathroom. I informed the front desk about this and their way of responding was to send me a fruit basket and complete ignore me. They said it was the best room they had for which I paid 25K plus SL rupees. I do not mind paying but for the value you pay the service & quality should be met. Worse travel experience ever! I travel frequently and never faced such a pathetic situation. The manager in charge did not even have the decency to talk to me, instead left work at 7pm! Be careful when booking this place! I uploaded some photo's hope they are clear enough.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our regrets for any inconveniences and dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and rest assured your feedback has been taken constructively in order to improve on our offerings.

Immediately following your complaint, the Executive Housekeeper was informed by the Front Office, and the team had prepared the room.

We have highlighted your feedback and will take necessary steps to ensure that all rooms are checked and advise the House-Keeping departments to look in to similar matters prior to releasing a room to ensure all are in order to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay.

Please accept our regrets for what transpired and hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful time with my family and friends on 23rd, special thanks to dileesha and samanmali for the support given to make my day a success,staff were super friendly eager to assist.food and arrangements were on point.thanks again hoping to visit you guys soon

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Leila A, Manager at Earl's Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We are overwhelmed by your extremely encouraging sentiments shared with us based on your recent visit to Earl's Regent. We are inspired that you have chosen our hotel to celebrate your anniversary and that we were able to cater to all your needs to ensure it was even more memorable.

Please do come here again for another visit with your family and friends and we assure that you will have some more sweet memories to take home.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Welcomed with ice-cream, and hosted nicely to our amazing and unique suite, that part of it was a huge natural rock and have Jacuzzi !

The room was very clean, bath room has bathtub and shower. Food was excellent, we took the buffet for dinner which has varieties for all tastes, and discovered many types of Sri-lakan food and same for breakfast.

The gardens and views at this hotel are amazing, specially at the restaurant terrace. My only comments would be to do overall renovation for this hotel to be 5 star.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Leila A, Manager at Earl's Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback following your recent visit to our hotel. We are pleased to read the positive endorsement of your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience.