Slightly Chilled Lounge Bar (Bamboo Garden)
Ranked #12 of 222 Restaurants in Kandy
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 10
Cuisines: European, Chinese
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ease on into the laidack vibes of Slightly Chilled Lounge.We have the best sunsets in Kandy town and offer, happy hour on beer between 5pm and 6pm, free wifi,live premiership and other live sporting events on a large screen, pool table, great food and friendly service. Please note we are closed on poya days( full moon)and please call for any other public holidays or elections.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited on a very busy night but staff coped very well and still had a lovely meal. I had a noodle soup which was delicious. Just a tuk tuk drive out of Kandy

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had the unfortunate luck to be visiting Kandy during an English test match. We arrived at Slightly Chilled early in order to enjoy an afternoon beverage at the rooftop bar before dinner. The English owner had all the tables reserved for a bus load of English tourists that were to arrive in an hour after the conclusion of the cricket. In that time, he barked at anyone that tried to sit in these seats and told them they only had 'One Hour!' to sit in the seats before the 'special guests' arrived for their reserved seats. It was rude and embarrassing. We were lucky to be able to grab the only table not reserved and it was made clear by the owner that once "a few of the Aussies" leave, tables would be freed up for the more important English visitors. Despite this, the local wait staff are super friendly and attentive and the food is delicious. I would still recommend this place despite the rude owner and battling with the Barmy Army.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited hrere couple nights ago,
Good food big portions and very tasty , the place was rammed but still not a very long wait for food , the staff had it all under control

Yes I would go back
Too eat there unlike the hilltop hideout

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well as far as night life in Kandy goes and a Great view this is it. The Bar is on the edge of the lake up high looking over the lake and the city. The best spot to enjoy a nice meal and a pint or two at the end of your day. Yes, it is off the beaten track and due to the traffic system the Tuk Tuk driver said had to go the long way around the lake, but on the way back to our hotel it seemed a lot shorter.

Michael the owner takes a very proactive front of house role to ensure great service delivery, and is rightly proud of his 7-year ownership. As regards the meal I started with the sizzling garlic prawns then had the sizzling beef and clay pot of eggplant. Try these dishes, they seem to be the favourites! Not spicy (hot) but good flavours. Grab a drink and sit on the balcony and enjoy the beautiful views of that Kandy has to offer. Would return and recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wandered up the hill from my hotel for an early dinner, and was surprised to see it jam packed with English cricket fans enjoying an after match drinking session. Was lucky to nab a reserved table that was booked for later - the waiters were very kind as I was on my own. Had the famous eggplant dish with sticky rice - oh my, it was the best eggplant meal I've ever had. A huge serving, I couldn't finish it. But managed to fit in a bowl of chocolate ice-cream before handing over my table to the obliging Poms. My virgin mojito & lime & ginger mocktail were also excellent. Having the two gorgeous boxer dogs laying beside me just made my night. Well done to all the staff who were truly under the pump tonight.