All reviews infinity pool mountain view sri lanka set menu our honeymoon amazing views mini bar fabulous hotel overlooking kandy two nights minute drive hotel is located kandy city enjoyable stay breakfast and dinner tuk tuk gym
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Regarding the cons, the room we slept was an obsolete, especially the bathroom. The bathroom itself was not clean enough and to wash hole body was an complicated as well due to “not very ideal” upper shower pipe in bath. On the other hand the view over the part of the Kandy and its surrounding from room as well as from outdoor pool was really picturesque. We have been also satisfied with dinner and breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Everything was Excellent. The staff, the service, the food, the room and THE VIEW INTO THE HILLS! What a view!

We just celebrated our first anniversary complementary dinner. Lovely!

A special appreciation to the Manager Mr. Janaka and Mr. Kalinga for their unwavering courtesy, respect and service.

We will be back.

Thank you!

Anuradha & Wathsala

Room tip: Exceptional location hidden in the hills. A true getaway from the noisy mid-city hotels.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RM_Randolee, Manager at Randholee Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Guest!
Ayubowan!

We highly appreciate your wonderful comment published in the Tripadvisor review page.
We are more than happy to read that Randholee facilities and services full filled your dream up to your expectations.
Hope you will visit us on your next trip to kandy and we are waiting to delight you once again.

Resident Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My wife and I stopped at this hotel for two nights from the 16th of July to the 18th July 2017. We stayed in Room 207, obviously on the 2nd floor. The check-in was fine on the front desk, and porters carried all our cases from the car, they ask you to pay up front in US dollars, which I wasn’t sure if my card would accept, but it seemed to. As with all Sri Lanka hotels, a refreshing welcome drink is offered.

The room was okay, but the bathroom needed a refurb, as all around the taps were patched up with some sort of cement, but generally the room was fine. Like everyone says, the view is fantastic. There is an amusing notice on the windows, which says “Watch out for the Monkeys”, which my wife thought was amusing, and said I had better not leave anything out on the balcony.

After about half an hour in the room, my wife noticed there was a big lizard on the wall, so she visited reception, and a member of staff removed it with a brush and brush pan, thanks. The TV and other facilities were fine, we did hear a little noise from other rooms, but it was acceptable. The location is about 4Kms from the centre of Kandy, which you need transport, as walking up that big hill is a “No No”. Kandy is a fantastic place to visit, it is my favourite place in Sri Lanka, full of culture and places of interest, like the temples and nature reserves.

On the second day, we decided to relax by the pool, which was good, but the pool itself is freezing, they definitely need to heat the pool. We didn’t try the restaurant so we are unsure what the food is like, but the bar staff are great, and bring cold drinks to your room. To sum up, this is a great unusually constructed hotel at the top of a hill near Kandy, with excellent efficient staff and great views. I don’t know about all the rooms, but ours could to with a little TLC. If I was returning to Kandy, I would probably stay somewhere else, due to the distance to the centre.

Mark & Michaela

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkWButler5705

Ayubowan!

Thank you very much for your wonderful review published in the Tripadvisor review page.
Distance from Kandy to the hotel will not a much of a feel considering the view and the services offered at Randholee.
Hence, I dearly hope that distance will not discourage you to re-visit Randholee again.

Resident Manger

Reviewed 26 July 2017

view from the room was magic. waters in the restaurant were best part of our stay. It was unfortunate that our first hotel booking was a construction site and my wife was unable to enter the property. so we had no choice but to do a walk in booking. at $172 au dollars for the night. my bad luck. when I checked on booking site the price was $107au. I approached the young man at reception and asked why and politely made it known that I thought it was unfair. from that point on the young man interrupted me and began to talk over me like I was an idiot and I was wrong. by the time I had returned to the room all the booking options had been changed to single occupancy only. double rooms, triple rooms and family suits all for one person only. surprise. the next morning I booked for another night because my wife is disabled and it is not easy for her move around. felling sure she would be fine I went hiking for the day and she was going to rest and spend some time in the pool. good therapy for her. upon my return she informed me that a party had started an hour after I left and that it had woken from her sleep and she could not go to the pool as it was surrounded by party goers and full of men. I should also mention the noise guests on our first night which we reported after about an hour of not being able to sleep. nothing was done the noise continued for another 40 minutes or so. on top of all this open bags of rubbish in the hall, a toilet that ran all night and sharp edged broken tiles in the bathroom. As a booking agent from Australia due to bring our first group of 10 + driver + myself over in April and more to follow hopefully in the months and years to come. enjoy your $65.00 we wont be booking this place EVER.

Room tip: reseption poor, waiters exalant, like paying for fine wine and getting flat beer
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RM_Randolee, Manager at Randholee Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Ayubowan! (Wish you a long life)

We highly appreciate your comment published in the tripadvisor. We would like to clarify you that the rate which you have mentioned (179 $ au) was the FIT (a guest who comes without through a travel agent) rate given after a discount from original rate of 190$ us. Of course the second night you were reserved through the booking .com (85.73 $ us).Conveying this information may be not done in an appropriate manner, for that I would like to apologies you. Further, please note that we cannot change any of the information mentioned in the web site from the hotel. As you mentioned there was a function we have taken few days ago which we could not postponed.
However we would like to apologies the noise made by the other guests and the inconvenient which you were experienced during your stay.Hope the positiveness of the hotel will inspire you to visit us again.

Resident Manager.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I simply enjoyed the stay and it was excellent. I had a wonderful time here. The hotel was in a great location. Beautiful room and the friendly staff. Food also very delicious. Thanks for the beautiful memories !
Definitely recommend to visitors.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RM_Randolee, Manager at Randholee Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Ayubowan! (wish you long life)

Thank you very much for your wonderful review published in the Tripadvisor review page .Most importantly you have mentioned our strengths which always take the attention of the guests and your review will guide guests who have not stayed before at Randholee.

We dearly hope that you will visit Randholee again during the 'Kandy Perahara' season.

Resident Manager.