All reviews great view kandy lake the owner his wife clean rooms tuk tuk room's bathroom steep walk sri lanka view of the lake short cut toast and jam perched high laundry service walk into town place to stay recommend staying here
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at McLeod Inn. The family who run the hotel are very friendly and attentive and went out of their way to help us during our stay. The hotel is situated in a great location as it’s out of the main centre so very peaceful with an exceptional view over Kandy (although still only a 5 minute journey back to the centre and very cheap by Tuk Tuk). The rooms are basic but had fantastic AC and reasonably comfy beds.

The hotel owner also helped us to arrange some trips with a fantastic driver.

All in all we had a great stay and would highly recommend this hotel to other tourists.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Really clean rooms, great location and wonderful hosts! Our room had an amazing view and was perfect for our two night stay in Kandy. The owners were really friendly and provided us with a great breakfast. There is a steep walk up from Kandy but it is worth it for the view!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This inn is very cute inside.
You enter straight into the lobby which has a fantastic view of Kandy due to its location up in the hills.
As we were only here for one night, we wanted to know what could be achieved in the short space of time - the owners did not disappoint in providing us with information regarding the sites, local eats & train/travel info.

On our morning of check out, we were too late to book reserved seats for the train to Ella, so the owner - after making us a lovely breakfast - arranged to have a driver take us to Ella which included a stops at a waterfall, tea factory & herbal garden, for 7,500 slr.

The rooms are clean & tidy, with more than enough space for two.

Cons (but not quite):
- Hotel is way up on a hill -- but this can also be seen as a plus seeing as you get a great view

Thank you for you hospitality & your help

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Nice little hotel tucked away from the busy part of Kandy. The location often requires a short tuk tuk ride but Kandy Lake is walkable. The breakfast area is nice and offers great views over the city. Our room was basic but nice, although it was a little tight for space. Internet worked fairly well and there were a selection of channels to watch on tv when relaxing in the evening. The only thing I can criticise is that there is a glass panel at the very top of the roof in the bathroom that separated our bathroom to the next room's bathroom. Although this still offered privacy, it did let a lot of noise from next door in. This wasn't a major issue but unfortunately our neighbours were particularly noisy. Apart from that, everything else was good. A nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I booked McLeod-inn online in late July for one night, it is located on the hill and when I arrived by demanding climb I was told by the owner there was no room for me and no apologies, and the second day the website still sent me email asked why I was absent to show up.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo