“Perfect place to unwind!”

Hipsters’s Hideout Lounge
Ranked #4 of 223 Restaurants in Kandy
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 10
Description: Hipster bar located from 10 minuets walk away from the temple of tooth in calm surrounding area. Good western food , Poke bowls and fancy drinks cocktails with two happy hours will be offered everyday. Nicely decorated bar area with hammocks and a cozy shisha lounge always a good spot to meet other travelers and hangout with them. ideal place for tourists couples ladies night outs not allowed for local groups of boys unless they are our members. There is a hostel on site and travelers with good vibes are always welcome .
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I came to Hipster’s Hideout Lounge after a very long day of hiking in Sigiriya and Dambulla. Needless to say, it’s the perfect place to unwind with good food and drinks. The service was really quick and that’s what we made were hoping for as we were starving. We tried out the yummy Chicken Green Thai Curry and the Chicken Green Thai Curry. Both of the dishes were satisfying. Since we were here on a Sunday night, we got a chance to listen to their live band and they were good! We definitely recommend this place!

1  Thank tanyalizann

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

During our time in Kandy this was by far the most chaotic. Most places in Kandy were busy with cricket fans but seemed to cope. I will be generous and give a two rating but waiting for food simply took an age and as someone said it was not even hot when it did come. It had been sat around clearly before coming to us. Staff were too busy to try and get their attention. Wouldn't recommend this place and any place that has so many amazing reviews from people who haven't ever reviewed on trip advisor before always makes me sceptical.

Date of visit: November 2018
niranjulag, Owner at Hipsters’s Hideout Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It was the most chaotic night exactly as you mentioned because of too much people in the restaurant and lot of drunk English fans at the bar so we were working over the capacity and wasn’t so easy to satisfy most of our customers. I understand your anger and the disappointment but as we have taken the steps to avoid these kind of incidents I can invite you to hipsters again and see the difference . We have increased the kitchen capacity kitchen staff and even storage as we take everything as learnings, And you were talking about the other reviews so I would love to invite to you to come to hipsters on a regular day and see what the difference between us and a regular restaurant. At hipsters what we give you is not just good food and drinks , it’s an experience that we have created in side so if you still around come and get that experience you won’t be disappointed . Love and peace ✌

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here last night , 90 minutes wait for food and when turned up the chips was cold and the steak was chewy
Also extra drink Had be added too my bill , everyone running around like headless chickens but nobody actually doing anything

Cool place with a good vibe

Date of visit: November 2018
niranjulag, Owner at Hipsters’s Hideout Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Im extremely sorry about your disappointment at hipsters and it’s a shame you couldn’t enjoy your dinner with us but I thank you for appreciating our place and the vibe even after you had to write a negative review about us. But let me give you a little explanation about what happened as I think it’s good to let people know about the reason for staff to run everywhere like headless chickens as you said . The night you came was one of the busiest nights at hipsters and it was large groups of English cricket supporters who were alredy drunk from the ground and we were so crowded and we had to work above the kitchen capacity of us. And the worst thing was the system down of billing and kitchen order tickets system. So we had to enter everything manually and it was the worst nightmare as our staff was not used for this . And people started to leave and non stop complaining and it made the staff panicked and they lost the control of the situation. But I’m happy to tell you hipsters is well prepared to cater those busy nights now and we have installed new ovens and recruited new kitchen staff so we can go our best and fastest. So if you are still in town I would love to offer you a meal or a drink on me to come and see the difference of a night at hipsters. You won’t be disappointed. Please consider about my offer and give it another go. Thank you

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice hidden restaurant with a hipster-like atmosphere. Prices are not expensive and there's a good variety of food. Would be even better if there were more deserts on the menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came to eat several days in a row and every day the food was very good and the staff was very friendly. Also the athmosphere is very chilly