“Best place for Indian food”

Foodlands Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 208 Restaurants in Kandy
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Italian, Sri Lankan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: White House has now moved to No 42, Dalada Veediya, Kandy. Please look for "Foodlands Restaurant" as we have rebranded with a new look. Foodlands celebrates 26 years of operation in the town Kandy and is part of local food scenario for over 2 decades and popular with the locals. Serving Sri Lankan, Indian & Chinese Cuisine, Foodlands also does a real Tandoor much to delight of all those who love their meats char grilled. What’s more, the fresh bakery & pastry products are a real treat to those who crave for indulgence.
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

This is the best places to have Indian food in Kandy... We visited so many times.... Unfortunately now we don't have this restaurant in Kandy..

2  Thank Appu A

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Was just there and was so badly treated that i just had to write a review (my first ever).
First of all, the place "white house restaurant" doesn't exist anymore. It has moved to another location a little down the street (nr 42) and has changed its name to "Foodlands bakers and restaurant".
Downstairs there is a bakery and upstairs a boring and plain looking restaurant (NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURE HERE!).
We decided to try it out anyways.
I started by asking them if it was possible to make the butter chicken absolutely non-spicy, as i cannot eat spicy food because of a condition.
They said sure no problem and promised me it would be just as i wanted it.
When I tried to order naan bread, they had run out. When my boyfriend ordered the tikka masala, they were out.
He ordered something else.
The food came very quickly which tipped me off to the fact that they hadn't changed the butter chicken in any way.
The dish was waaay too spicy for me, and i couldn't even get through one bite of it.
I badly needed my drink that i had waited about 15 minutes for, as they messed the order up the first time 'round.
I told the manager that the dish was too spicy for me and that he could just take it away. He just said 'okay' and walked away without doing anything about it.
I tried to talk to one of the other employees and the same thing happened. I told them i wasn't paying for something that i couldn't eat, and they just ignored me.
When the bill arrived they expected us to pay for the dish and at this point i was mad enough to refuse them completely.
They (finally) brought someone over who spoke decent english and who understood, fixed the bill and apologized.
Overall very bad service, and a truly disappointing experince after seeing the pictures and reviews on here.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Food is not tasty service is good food is not value for money at all need improve the cleanliness

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Food was really good in quality and condition. Also the place is really clean and tidy. A good tourist destination.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

A decent restaurant with a mix of Indian, Chinese and continental food. The interior looks a little old, and unkept. But the food is delicious.