“Now up market”
Review of Paiva's Restaurant - CLOSED

Paiva's Restaurant
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 15
Description: Renewed restaurant in year 2016 offering the best of traditional and hearty cuisines of Sri Lankan, Thai, Chinese, Asian by the professional staff. Paiva's Restaurant is located heart of the Kandy City, operate by Kandy City Hotel which is give you the access to all the places in Kandy city within 05 minutes.
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I use to go there for a 'yard of tea'. Now the restaurant is very flash, clean with good service. I asked for tea & was presented with a lovely big pot. Sadly no yard of tea, but the place was worth the visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

When I was a kid growing up in Kandy town there were only two decent restaurants: Paivas and Elephant House Cafe. A few days ago, I re-entered Paiva's Restaurant after 47 years!
The ambience was welcoming. Air conditioning the best in Kandy. The staff were overtly caring. My table of choice was perfectly laid out with its cutlery and crockery. The prices were just right! Last but not least, my Jumbo burger was fabulous!
Sadly, in the time I was inside I saw at least half dozen tourist look at the Outside Board pause but walk on. After my meal I stood outside and looked at what these tourist were unimpressed with. There needs to be cut out boards advertising the Specials and (perhaps) a Sri Lankan buffet?!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

What an absolutley ym meal we had. Amazing food and friendly staff, made the experience fantastic, will definitley be visiting them on our next trip!

Reviewed 11 October 2015

I remember walking to Paivais with my mother after church every Sunday to by their delicious Sunday special biryani. This was around 10-15 years back but I can still recall the excitement I had over their food.

1  Thank Carmeline
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Paiva's have been a name in catering in Sri Lanka for over 50 years. They have a restaurant in Kandy, serving typical Sri Lnkan food. The place is for locals and can be hot and typical. However the food is excellent and is ideal to take away. Light snakcs for lunch or for simply sitting by the lake is ideal. I enjoyed the food very much and found it inexpensive and tasty