“Back to the 80s”

Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Hikkaduwa
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Back to the 80s”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We were supposed to stay at sunils for a couple of days but as we got there we were told our room wasn't ready, although we had a reservation. We were given a dirty room for staff and we had to wait for nine hours for our room to be available. Managers were sending junior staff to talk to us every time we tried to complain. When we finally got our room it was no different to what was offered at the beginning, same road view, no balcony or terrace and of course dirty bathroom. Other guests stayed at better room, but the staff explained he hotel was totally fool. We still cannot understand how it could be full once the reservation was made early in advance. All furniture and decorations remained same since the 80s and so did the service. We got no refund and had to stay at a different hotel for our own money.

• Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The beach is the only good thing you can find there. Rooms old and not clean. Food not good. Service very bad. I had booked for 2 days and finally cancelled one day seeing the pathetic condition. Not recomended.
Pics available at www.kurupsdiary.blogspot.com

Room Tip: Do not go to the hotel ... u get better ones.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank RadhishKurup

Travellers are raving about these Hikkaduwa hotels

Reviewed 5 January 2012

If you hope to travel to Sri Lanka at the end of January 2012, there is a beautiful boutique event of music and Ayurveda on 25th of January.As i got to know it is a brand new event concept. Total event will be hold at Hikkaduwa beach offering specters an unforgettable experience.
There will be a Ayurveda promotion in the day time providing participant lot of free offers, such as free Ayurveda doctor consultation,free face massage,foot massage and a herbal teas. Not only that unbelievable price off for all the other treatments and medicines.Just imagine how will it look like when there are providing spas and all other treatments at the white sandy beach. I hope it will be awesome.
Night event will be the best part for sure.i always love to experience Sri lankan traditional dance and music. There,they are offing an unique drumming and dance show at the Hikkaduwa beach. Traditional dance acts,creative and traditional drumming acts,fusions,folks songs and much more.The night show will be done by Ravibandu Vidyapathi team who are the best traditional drumming team in Sri Lanka.The other thing is, there are freely providing a cocktail also.

I"m sure this will be the highlight of your tour and you will be enchanted by the memories and magic of it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Male
Reviewed 23 September 2011

On my recent visit to Hikkaduwa in September 2011, I was looking for a place to stay for a week.
So when I visited this hotel, I was put off. It looks very old and a bit outdated. I got to have a glance at the rooms
and they were basic and pretty shabby looking for the price I was offered. I got a chance to have a glance at the pool from the room I was inspecting and it was very dirty, seems like the cleaning system did not work properly in the pool. I managed to find better places around which were cheaper looked cleaner and more relaxed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank socksboy
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Book this hotel as all the good hotels were fully booked
Payed for two nights but lasted only one
Whatever you do, do not get breakfast here or you'll be in for a few surprises. Its something out of I'm a celeb get me out of here. Gekos in the salad and creepy crawlies in the salad. As well as a pot of something constantly boiling, it looked like eel but I guess it's cheap fish
I made the chef make me 2 boiled eggs and made my own toast
Rooms are ant ridden no tv and the mosquito net was smelly and covered in squashed Mosquitos from previous happy campers I guess
The pool is dirty
I guess the only positives are that u can safely keep your valuables in their 'safe' and the is 24hr security at the front
$50 a night off season and u can't eat there without your stomach turning isn't value for money in my book!!
But do eat at buddes it's cheap good views and delicious

• Stayed August 2011