All reviews pool bar golden temple sunrise tour sri lanka walking distance place to stay hot water dambulla caves pidurangala rock rooms are clean cultural triangle enjoyed my stay breakfast and dinner tuk tuk lion rock short stay visit sigiriya
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting Sigiriya and Cave Temples (both within 20 mins of hotel).

Great location and relaxed atmosphere.

We stayed in a very basic room, a/c needed an upgrade and wifi signal was weak. Not too much of an issue as it was only a one night stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Stayed here one night on our way from trincomalee to the south, and for that it was perfect. It's near Sigiriya and right next to the golden temple and the caves in Dambulla.

The room was clean and nice. Though it took the ac quit a long time cooling the room down, and we had the company of some Mosquitos !!!

There is a very nice pool and pool bar.

For the price we paid (including half board) it was value for money.

We would stay there again

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Please be aware if you are planning to stay at Sundaras Resort in Dambulla as I was utterly disappointed with this hotel and had a very bad experience. I made a reservation at this hotel by giving my credit card details as I was impressed with the images of the hotel given in the website and on booking.com. Firstly I never got a confirmation of the reservation even though I requested for it after making the reservation. We went to this hotel yesterday and from the moment we stepped into the hotel we were thoroughly disappointed as it was nothing compared to the images we saw on the web. It was unclean and disgusting and it is way below the standard of an average hotel. We didn’t want to spend even a night at this disgusting place so we cancelled the reservation and left immediately. In addition to this experience the worst was that the day after I got a SMS alert saying that 20,185/= has been deducted from my account. This amount is the total amount for the two rooms that I booked. This is so unfair as I didn’t even stay an hour in this hotel and their site clearly says that the credit card details are only obtained to make the reservation, but they will not charge your card. (Please refer the image) . When I inquired from the hotel they were reluctant to return the money. This shows how desperate they are to get business despite of not even serving the customers. They believe in deceiving the customers by showing attractive images on the web and by getting their money somehow as soon as the customer makes a reservation. Please be aware if you are planning to stay at this hotel, it’s the worst that I have been to in my life.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Sundaras R, Guest Relations Manager at Sundaras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Everyone at Sundaras Resort is really sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with us.
By giving your credit card details your booking is made as well as confirmed as we agreed on during your phone call.
It’s unfortunate that you didn’t mention anything about the cancellation so we could have worked something out together as we always want the best for our guests and try to create every single one a special and memorable time at our hotel. We understand your disappointment but we work with cancellation policy in our hotel as mentioned below:
Please note, if cancelled, modified or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again and provide you with an unforgettable experience.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your comment.
Sundaras Team.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Our most expensive accommodation in Sri Lanka and wins the gong for misrepresentation. This was a nightmare of a booking as I requested and booked one deluxe twin room for my son and myself and another single use Deluxe Double for a friend. Both requests were confirmed but were unavailable at checkin. Hours of chaos and other frustrated guests meant we were not given a room until the evening. There appeared to be very few staff and those on duty lacked the skills to run a hotel. My adult son was given a folding broken bed for the two nights of our stay rather than accept the offer of a room under construction complete with bare wires, wet concrete, sticky paint. Regardless, Plumbing leaked, doors didn't close, no wifi was available and the whole place generally was rundown.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank JulesDivine
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stayed in a family room for 3 nights having flown into Colombo the night before. The Sundaras Resort is expensive but it is a very relaxing, 'easy' place to stay with a lovely swimming pool, pool bar, covered restaurant area and tropical garden. The buffet-style meals were fine with just enough choice for our children (10 & 13 years) to find something they liked. The staff were friendly, relaxed and helpful - we particularly liked the smiley Sri Lankan bar man. We stayed in the main building and our room was quite dark and basic but also clean and convenient so no complaints. If you can, get a hotel guide to take you up Dambulla Rock in the evening (ours did it for free) - it's directly behind the hotel and is about 1.5 hours for a round trip. Children under 6 would struggle but it was magical at the top.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family