All reviews sky bar cool off rooftop pool boat trip busy road bars and restaurants cleaned every day reception desk breakfast and dinner stayed for nights nice breakfast old town min walk beautiful country lovely hotel sea front hotel is located
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I tried the restaurant of the ACD Wellness and Spa Hotel, and we had a great time. The atmosphere is very nice, the staff is very kind and helpful and the food is just amazing!
I had pasta with tomato sauce and grilled vegetables. Since pasta is one of my favorite dishes it wasn't so hard to impress me... but anyway, my food was so delicious! It was the perfect amount of sauce on the pasta and the grilled vegetables made the dish perfect! My husband had breaded cheese. The cheese was so delicious! It was served with a forrest fruit sauce. First, I was very sceptical about it, my husband almost asked the waiter to leave that sauce out. But when he got the food, that sauce was the best combination with the cheese.
Alltogether we had a great time

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We stayed at the hotel on half board for a most enjoyable week. As has been said previously, the hotel is new so all areas are still in a good and well presented condition. We did find a couple of items in our room which we thought less than ideal: our toilet was fitted for very tall people, my wife’s feet could not reach the floor and the wardrobe hanging rail was front to back with limited hangers and difficult to use, surely a hanging rail side to side is easier to work with.

It was good that the hotel supplies a kettle but please note that the provided coffee sachets include milk and as we only drink black coffee this was no good for us, also, although tea is on offer no milk is available, so almost there but not quite.

The hotel does highlight that it has a spa but it does not seem to be available until after 5 in the evening! The roof top pool, although not large, is a nice feature and one we used regularly, mostly in the late afternoon.

Yes the hotel is on a busy road but noise wise for us it was not a problem even though we were at the front. The road however was less conducive to an evening stroll after dinner and although it was only a five minute walk to the waterside we kept this for during the day.

Breakfast and dinner were ok with a reasonable selection of items available but I have had better from three star hotels. The hot food was never hot, apart from the soup which was good, and if I managed the hotel I would make it a priority to ensure the hot food was heated properly and continually!

I was not impressed when a fellow guest brought her dog to the dining table and let it sit on the chair that other guests would have to sit on afterwards, and at times rest its head and put its front paws on the table. The head waiter agreed with my thoughts but for some reason was unable to do anything about it. I like dogs but not at the dining table!

All the staff were very personable and helpful. Would I stay here again, possibly not as there are new hotels being built in quieter and more attractive areas, but this hotel was a good choice for our first stay in Montenegro.

Other info – we would recommend Splendido on the promenade for a meal, a boat trip to Kotor via Pajo, 20 euros for 8 hours including dinner with wine, and if visiting Dubrovnik, which you must, ask the hotel to organise via Trend which is easier and cheaper than travelling under your own steam. Check also when the cruise ships are visiting and do not go then!

Enjoy

Brian HomeExchange50plus

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here briefly, lovely staff, great view from room, nice breakfast with good choice but maybe a buffet would prevent waste as the portion was large. The hotel is very new and nicely furnished and presented.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank CDC1964
Reviewed 30 October 2017

My husband and myself had a lovely stay at the ACD hotel. It was a beautiful new hotel and had a great spa. The staff service at reception was exceptional.

The spa was lovely although it had limited opening times. I had a spa treatment and it was very professional. We loved the hammam and sauna rooms.

The hotel is located about 1.3 miles from the centre but there is bus to take you there and it is a pleasant 30-40 minutes on the sea promenade.

We had a great comfort room with a gorgeous balcony and views over Kotor bay.

The hotel is very close to a bus stop and supermarket which was handy.

The wifi at the hotel was excellent and reliable.

We had a lovely stay at the hotel and would love to go back again.

We were on a half-board deal and there was plentiful great food which was prepared freshly for us.

The hotel was next to a main road but the rooms were soundproofed.

We loved Montenegro as a destination and the hotel was exceptional as well.

Room tip: Choose an upper floor room
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sghosh42000
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Good hotel - 4 star rated. Rooms are modern and contain all facilities (tea/coffee/safe/hairdryer/toiletries etc). Not the biggest rooms, but perfectly functional and exceptionally clean. There is a roof pool and sun terrace - with a bar service - which is a great place to relax. Breakfast was ok, with variation of choice. Had a meal at the hotel one evening - was ok, but better choices locally - within a 20 min walk (restaurants - Leut/Splendido). Hotel is in a decent location - bus stops nearby to get to central bus station of buses to Kotor/Budvar etc. Good for walking - easy access to a costal walkway/promenade where you can walk into the old town of Herceg-Novi in around 30 mins (or take a taxi for around €3-5). Reception staff are extremely friendly and helpful, particularly with directions, taxis, restaurants, buses etc. Restaurant staff are less 'customer focused' and not particularly engaging. That said, I would recommend as this hotel is good value for B&B.

Room tip: Had a good room at the front of the hotel (sea view in the distance) with a balcony - good sun trap
Date of stay: September 2017