“Good Buffet”

AYASQA - Comida Tradicional
Ranked #21 of 110 Restaurants in Aguas Calientes
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 18
Reviewed 12 June 2017

After a long day visit Machu Picchu ruins it was a nice buffet with lots of great options to eat. For me it was part of the tour package so I can't comment on the price of the food.

1  Thank ikhandoit2
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here because we stayed at Tierra Viva and also because they're suppose to give you a 20% discount for dinner if you were a guest of Tierra Viva. I ordered Tallarín Saltado (a noodle dish with beef) it was very salty and worse of all I found a piece of metal in my meal. They offered to switch it out for dessert (S/. 17) and they did but still charged us for the full cost of the meal (S/. 36). We also never received our 20% discount so I do not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived at our hotel before heading to Machu Picchu. We wanted a quick lunch and being a hotel guest receiving 20% off. I thought that would be a great and time saving opportunity. How wrong I was. Not only do they charge $16 (52 PEN) per person for a buffet that has so limited choices is beyond me. I should have turned around. The beef stew was so chewy that I would suggest you visit your dentist before engaging in chewing it down. The salad bar was ok but the overall choice was chicken stew, rice a few steamed veggies and some battered fish pieces. Flavour was missing and service lacking. I would suggest you eat elsewhere as I can't see any value here. I don't mind spending money but I want quality and not chewing on beef like on an old sock. Up the road are better choices for sure.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

It's a self-service but quite small and limited. The meals are good. Just one thing, coffee is not of a good quality. We told them and they answered that they are not 'cafeteros', that coffee is not their specialty and we say that they could have advises before serving and noting, couldn't they? We weren't able to finish it.
Price is 20 US$. Place is nice.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I've been in this restaurant for a decent breakfast buffet, and I saw it well-filled for lunch. But when we went for a 7pm dinner, we were the only guests. The staff seemed unprepared to have their chat interrupted. I realize it's rainy season and we don't expect places to be full...but it was disconcerting. The ambience was further weighed down by a badly-chosen soundtrack of forgotten American pop that was much too loud. The food was only okay. The second night, as we walked back from a restaurant off-site, again there was just one table occupied. And so the cycle continues.