All reviews direct tv free laundry ice machine hear everything wi fi flat screen first floor nice hotel room was clean microwave property amenities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Large comfortably decorated rooms but walls are thin and you hear everything next door or upstairs. Room was clean but I wouldn’t shower without shower sandals - floor looked grotty. Limited coffee facilities, no dishes or paper plates and no place in town for breakfast except MacDonalds. Try to avoid a night in Butler if possible

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ron M, Owner at The Mason, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Denise,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and I am disappointed that your visit to Butler was not what you expected.

We do take pride in keeping our facility spotless and I am not sure what you meant by floor looked grotty. We clean and sanitize every room between each guest. I do wish that if you had an issue with any cleaning you had brought it to our attention while you were at the property as we would have immediately addressed your concern.

Since your chose a standard hotel room, and not a suite, there were no dishes or paper plates provided. We do not provide that in the standard hotel rooms as there are no cooking facilities in the rooms. We do offer full kitchens stocked with dishes if you you choose a suite.

Additionally, there are several other options in town for breakfast. We have great Hardee's with Made from Scratch biscuits, breakfast platters, and other breakfast offerings available.

Butler is a small Southern town and you will not find the variety of offerings that you would find in big city, however, the people will welcome you with open arms. Butler does have several restaurants to choose from, they are just not "chain restaurants".

We hope that you will give us another try when you are in the area and let us make your experience better.

Feel free to call me at the hotel and I personally will ensure you have a great stay. We want EVERY guest who stays with us to have an amazing visit to Butler.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

The ole and the new brought together in a clean, neat looking motel. It is a 2 story and we were on the first floor. I would advise getting the second floor if possible as the walking around above was a little annoying. The room was just perfect. A king size bed that was so comfortable we hated to get up. It is alley access but not a problem. We had a walk in shower which was roomy and modern. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: upstairs and the shower bathroom is worth asking about.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently happened upon this little gem! We were on a hunting trip and needed a last minute place to lay our heads. I am VERY OCD when it comes to hotels. This one exceeded our expectations! It is very clean!!! There is more space in the living room than any other property we have stayed in! It has all the amenities of a larger chain hotel with ice machine, fitness area, wi-fi, drinks, frig in room, microwave, large bathroom and much more. This property is truly a hidden gem!!! All the perks of a large chain with the compassion and attentiveness of a locally owned manager. I will certainly stay here again! The owners were very friendly and even checked to make sure we got settled into our room! Wow! I was very impressed with this property!!!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The best experience we've had! The hotel is a mix of modern and yet still gives you a cozy at home feeling! Very clean, great amenities both to entertain and for your necessities. Delicious food just minutes away..great prices and amazing owner and staff!! We felt at home away from home and even during the difficulty of escaping Hurricane Irma we found peace and tranquility in this lovely town!! Cant say enough about our stay! Thank you!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My sister and I stayed at The Mason-Downtown for two nights. We were thrilled to find the newly renovated hotel room to be immaculately clean, beautifully decorated and convenient to restaurants in downtown Butler. We look forward to our next visit to Butler and our stay at The Mason.

Date of stay: June 2017