All reviews victoria island decent breakfast any requests home from home rooms are modern water pressure comfortable bed yogurt doing business prawns keep up the good work business trip to lagos nigeria gym security internet laundry
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I often have to travel for work and I usually stay in the Protea in VI. The staff is simply amazing. Very attentive, they always greet me warmly and go above and beyond their call of duty. Rita, the manager is also exceptional. She always greets me with a warm hug and checks in to make sure my stay is going well. I can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. I would highly recommend it.

Anuli

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Great service and hospitality, friendly staff, and a bit of South Africa in the big city of Lagos.
The hotel is intimate and cozy. The food is great - whether its breakfast or dinner. There is Nigerian for those who are daring (or local) and South African favorites for those that are longing for home. Quality great. Rooms and facilities not flashy but more than adequate! Lekker!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank avtonder
Reviewed 14 April 2018

The Protea Hotel Victoria Island has a lot of amazing attributes to it - contemporary, comfortable, clean and a phenomenal staff. I stayed in the hotel for almost two weeks. I must say, my stay was quite pleasant, and the staff was second to none. The hotel staff are polite and exude the real Nigerian warmth and friendliness. Check in went fast with friendly staff that assisted me to my room. Everyone that worked in the hotel from the desk staff to the GM is inviting and very helpful. The rooms are modern, clean, and the hotel was always in excellent condition.

Situated in the heart of Victoria Island Protea Hotel is a suitable place to go out from and get back to quickly. Location is safe and gives you easy access around Lagos. The hotel is within walking distance of supermarkets, banks, restaurants, and public transportation. This location is a plus if you would like to get out and experience Victoria Island culture. The hotel offers free wifi and also has a business center, where you can use their computer and printer if needed. Power outages are routine on the island, but the power back up kicks in within minutes. Internet speed was good. One of my disappointments was the gym. Wish it was a little bigger with more equipment, but it sufficed being away from home. It would have been nice if the television inside of the gym worked also.

The restaurant has many delicious choices; food is excellent and well cooked. The breakfast buffet has a large variety of choices, and there is a chef who will make you an omelet to your liking. The lobby and common areas near the restaurants are modern and very comfortable! I would sit there at times just to relax and enjoy the scenery.

Room service was on time daily to clean the rooms, and the cleaners did a fantastic job every day. The room linen is changed daily, and it was clean and fresh. The bathroom was huge, very clean, and the shower has terrific pressure and relaxing HOT water. The bed also was very comfy. The only thing that was concerning was that I could smell automobile fumes coming through the vents at night. I wish there were a better ventilation system for the air quality in my room.

The daily rates are very reasonable for a hotel in Victoria Island. I was very comfortable during my stay there, and security was professional and always available. Check out was quick and efficient. I will recommend and go back to this hotel any day without hesitation, and I would certainly stay here on future visits to Lagos.

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank Montez M
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Excellent room service, staff are very friendly too. Rates are very reasonable for a hotel in Victoria Island. The building may be a bit old fashioned but overall basic amenities are available and functional. This is a great choice anytime.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Protea has a lot of good points and on top of them is probably the staff. Everyone here from the front office to the GM is nice and very helpful, the restaurant is ok too, food is good and well cooked, breakfast is coming with a large choose of pretty good food. However the place need a complete renovation. Apparently this is scheduled for this year so let’s be patient

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
PH-VictoriaIsland, General Manager at Protea Hotel Victoria Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for your review and comments on your recent stay at Protea Hotel Victoria Island and I will relay your positive words to the various departments and on breakfast. We all look forward to the refurbishment later this year to be able to maintain the standard we are all accustomed to. Hope to welcome you back soon to your home away from home.