All reviews grand bee other guests complimentary breakfast boutique hotel airport wifi security ambience business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights
The first night We paid directly at front desk upon arrival
The second and third My hubby and I found a better deal online so we secured the deal
on the travel site.
Upon returning to our suite, we where advised our reservation was denied
because we used a third party to secure a cheaper rate.

We had to fork over the about they requested or look for another place to rest our head. Really, Really disreputable and unprofessional dealings.

Room Tip: Pool is out of service
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chawntini
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I stayed at GrandBee Suites for two weeks while in Lagos for business, and had a pleasant stay. The staff was friendly, polite, and helpful. The room was well-appointed. The pool was refreshing, but quite tiny. I was quite disappointed by the complimentary breakfast, which seriously lacked variety. Also, despite being in a non-smoking section/floor, my room at one point smelled quite strongly of cigarette smoke, presumably because someone in another room was smoking. The staff was kind enough to transfer me to another room on a different floor, but it would be great if the non-smoking rule was enforced for the comfort of other guests.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank EastAfricanGirl
Reviewed 11 August 2017

The staff were excellent and very helpful right from arrival till departure. The suite I took was quite spacious and very fit for purpose. The location was perfect as it was in a quiet area of Ikeja just a few minutes drive from the airport which was quite convenient for someone arriving Lagos late at night. I particularly liked the spacious rooms.

There was a minor confusion about complementary breakfast being for only one person when two adults were booked into a room and for three persons when four people were booked in. This should have been clearly stated on the website.

The only drawbacks were the bathrooms. The water pressure was staccato at best and some of the fittings could do with upgrades or refurbishment. If these were fixed, I would definitely give this hotel a five star rating.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks whilst working in Lagos and found it to be a friendly place with nice staff and comfortable rooms.

The best wifi I have ever experienced in any hotel in the world! So fast and reliable that could stream if wished!

Rooms are large, well furnished with hot powerful showers. No lifts up to rooms which can be a pain but not a huge problem.

Most staff are so friendly and polite. There was the odd exception but in general they couldn't do enough to deal with problems.

The only reason my stay wasn't a 5 star was the food. At the start of my stay, breakfast consisted of toast and three hot dishes which were frankly inedible. Coffee is powdered instant! What wrong with a filter coffee machine to give decent boost in the morning. Breakfast did improve a little as my stay went in but still not what you expect for what breakfast should be!! Dinner was ok most of the time except for a quite horrific encounter with an undercooked steak that was basically dangerous.

They know the food needs to improve so be good to see this improvement on my next visit.

Would recommend the hotel to anyone staying long term and will be there again soon!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Rooms are decently sized, and the beds are really 'comfy'... Not ideal for persons with orthopaedic concerns.

But the hallways have an off smell, rooms are not cleaned till very late in day (returned from a meeting after 16:00 and the room is just the way I left it). My colleagues room was filled with cigarette smoke when he got to his room, he is not a smoke (God knows what went on whilst he was away).

Great location, good structure but weak on personnel and ambience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business